Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

FerretAfros

Without going into detail, there have been discussions on moving LaL and readdressing the entry plaza. It's an on-going discussion.
Didn't the fine print stipulate that the LAL images would be on display for 10 years? The last ones were sold in 2007, and 2017 is just a couple years away; wouldn't it make more sense to wait it out and completely remove them, rather than relocate them and have to justify the expense of removing them a few years down the road?

I also hope that any significant work in the entrance plaza also includes a new music loop. There's nothing wrong with any of the individual songs they're currently using, but it's really disjointed overall and not nearly as majestic as the original

Figments Friend

oldcot3zq6.jpg

Ahhhhh.....
Now THIS is EPCOT Center.
A nice example of what this particular area looked like back then.

Looking at this photo makes me feel somewhat sad though.
Seeing the Horizons Pavilion in this setting is what is doing it, methinks.

Fun to see those high rise hotels off in the distance.
Oh the Orlando of yore.....

Figments Friend

Thank you for mentioning this. I thought I was the only one who thinks the current entry to the Land is a mess compared to the original. And I felt bad to complain about the place where there they added more greenery, when so much has been taken away. But golly, it is just a mess in front of that pavilion! Walkways blocked by stroller and ECV parking, an incoherent thicket of plants, and a water feature that seems to be turned off much of the time.

You are not alone.
I am also not a huge fan of the revamped entrance area.

Yes, it is The Land...and i can somewhat understand the desire to incorporate more greenery and trees in that area outside...but...
Well, as you said, it just seems a big too much.
Another example of visual *clutter* getting in the way of a already present, pleasant design.

Visual simplicity can be beautiful in itself..depending on the design.
I thought the original Land entrance was nice.
I like the added trees done a few years ago, but it seems to be too much in some respects. I get the impression the design intent was to visually obstruct the entrance doors from the approach.
That is not a bad thing....i am just not so sure the trees/greenery chosen was the best choice for that area.

Of course the sea of strollers in front of the Pavilion entrance distracts the eye somewhat......

RSoxNo1

That switchable privacy glass you sometimes see installed in fancy hotel bathrooms comes to mind. Click a button and the glass transforms from clear to opaque.

Or, apparently, it becomes a video monitor too.

Imagine all the glass windows of the interior of Innoventions Plaza turning into a giant video screen at various points in the evening.

Looks like what will probably be used on the Hogwarts Express.

Tom Morrow

There haven't been any pictures, but the painting has reached Mouse Gear. I don't know if I like it, too many different colors, it almost looks more outdated than ever...

note2001

There haven't been any pictures, but the painting has reached Mouse Gear. I don't know if I like it, too many different colors, it almost looks more outdated than ever...

I agree, in pictures it's jumbled, but in person it won't matter what color the buildings are anymore. Everyone will be too busy on their smartphones booking and rebooking fastpasses to notice.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I saw the reprinting in Epcot today. Nothing has changed. View attachment 50559View attachment 50560
The colours themselve are nice. A combination of two of them would be great, a nice fit, such as the light and dark brown, ot eh silver with blue.

But surely they don't intend to paint CC with all of these, in this pattern?

Somebody please tell me they are taking the ? That this is an April's Fools prank?

tirian

The colours themselve are nice. A combination of two of them would be great, a nice fit, such as the light and dark brown, ot eh silver with blue.

But surely they don't intend to paint CC with all of these, in this pattern?

Somebody please tell me they are taking the ? That this is an April's Fools prank?
Better yet, what happens when these stripes reach the very green and very blue breezeways? Did WDI forget simple color matching?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom