News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

Same thing with Kilimanjaro Safaris - the poaching plot every single time was incredibly contrived, and I'm so happy they eventually decided to remove it. Sometimes it's just nice to go on a natural excursion and celebrate what you see.

I wasn't happy that they were removing the poaching plot because I liked the teaching/awareness aspect, but in retrospect I was very wrong.

It absolutely improved the ride. The poaching plot made all the animals seem like set dressing; once it was removed they became the stars. You're able to focus on seeing the animals and maybe learn a bit about them as you go.

Completely agreed. One of the bigger knocks I see toward NRJ is that it doesn't have a narrative, but does every ride need one? The premise of the attraction is you're boarding a river cruise during peaceful times and happen to observe a Na'vi celebration. It's perfectly fine that nothing goes wrong during the journey.

Especially since people don't ever mention that as an issue with a ride like Frozen Ever After. Sure, FEA has a plot (come to a party!), but it's about as simple a plot as you could possibly imagine and it's almost irrelevant to the ride. It's certainly not really telling you a story.

The Empress Lilly

I don’t. The sense of disappointment you get rounding the bend, waiting for the ride to really begin, and see unload is huge.

I even rode it again to double check.

But we digress.
That sums up my Tron experience. Wow, great start! Wow, neat screen effects! Whooo, let's see what will happen next, I'm now so ready for a great ride and...wait, wut, unload!?

UNCgolf

I don’t. The sense of disappointment you get rounding the bend, waiting for the ride to really begin, and see unload is huge.

But we digress.

I think what's there is quite good and better than almost anything else Disney has built in the past 15 years. It would be nice if it was longer and had more AAs, but isn't that somewhat the difference between a C ticket and an E ticket?

We'll definitely have to agree to disagree on this, though, since I think Rat looks tremendously disappointing even just compared to NRJ and you're a fan of Rat!

UNCgolf

But we digress.

You've probably said this at some point before, but I'm curious as to your thoughts on Frozen Ever After?

Ignoring that it replaced Maelstrom and doesn't belong in EPCOT, that is. Just thoughts on the ride itself.

The Empress Lilly

It seems the consensus here is that everyone will be disappointed by at least one of the newest attractions!

Really liked Tron myself.
I loved Tron, that's the problem! ;) It's a really good first half of a ride.

Rat is good and will be a success. 🐀

FEA sucks. A ride that's just a protracted M&G with Elsa singing Let It Go, because that's what the princess wants to see on her holiday and not Phoenicians or dinosaurs or astronauts or other difficult boy stuff. On top of which Elsa is one of those weird projection face AAs that make her look like Michael Jackson, but then after he died.

NRJ is mixed, it's got atmosphere but lacks a certain something.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I just couldn’t get past the obviously plastic props. If just that portion had been executed more successfully I would have a much better opinion of the attraction. But, at least for me, it was highly incongruous and immediately broke the illusion. Stainless steel should look like stainless steel, not like medium gloss gray-silver paint, irrespective of the scale differential between object and observer. A plastic sausage looks plastic even when you’re moving past it and it’s 10 feet above your head.

If they had to clone a DSP ride it should have been Crush’s Coaster.

Something I said a few years back - Imagine Rat and Crush’s Coaster anchoring an entire Pixar-themed area at, say, DHS. That would’ve been far better than what they did with TSL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You've probably said this at some point before, but I'm curious as to your thoughts on Frozen Ever After?

Ignoring that it replaced Maelstrom and doesn't belong in EPCOT, that is. Just thoughts on the ride itself.
It’s lacking in a coherent overall frame work. Some impressive Animatronics trying to pad out a loose plot to fit a pre determined environment and an amazing overall lack of visuals / fully fleshed show scenes. One of arguably the companies biggest franchises deserved something purpose built.

See. I didn’t mention the location.

Giss Neric

I just couldn’t get past the obviously plastic props. If just that portion had been executed more successfully I would have a much better opinion of the attraction. But, at least for me, it was highly incongruous and immediately broke the illusion. Stainless steel should look like stainless steel, not like medium gloss gray-silver paint, irrespective of the scale differential between object and observer. A plastic sausage looks plastic even when you’re moving past it and it’s 10 feet above your head.

If they had to clone a DSP ride it should have been Crush’s Coaster.
Even Captain America agrees with you!

James Alucobond

It’s lacking in a coherent overall frame work. Some impressive Animatronics trying to pad out a loose plot to fit a pre determined environment and an amazing overall lack of visuals / fully fleshed show scenes. One of arguably the companies biggest franchises deserved something purpose built.
I tend to feel this is in large part because so much takes place in the ice palace, which is incredibly bereft of interesting visuals and props even in the film itself.

Bocabear

The top of the lift scenes are so anticlimactic... there is too much space with nothing...feels incomplete...like something else was planned and didn't work or budget stripped...There seems to be a part of the story missing ..Like the snow monster is supposed to chase you at the tail end of the "Let It Go " Moment and then as you pass through the mini cave, sound effects of him falling and then you come out at the top of the turn around and he is lying in the snow... Like that completes the story....which is otherwise unfinished....

James Alucobond

The top of the lift scenes are so anticlimactic... there is too much space with nothing...feels incomplete...like something else was planned and didn't work or budget stripped...There seems to be a part of the story missing ..Like the snow monster is supposed to chase you at the tail end of the "Let It Go " Moment and then as you pass through the mini cave, sound effects of him falling and then you come out at the top of the turn around and he is lying in the snow... Like that completes the story....which is otherwise unfinished....
Uh, he's supposed to be benign in this instance since it's a celebration with slightly modified versions of the songs to represent that. There's no reason for him to chase you, and instead of his signature "Get out," he echoes Elsa's "Let it go."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom