News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unsure if anyone noticed, but looks like they have added a hook above the random door on the second level of the blue building. These hooks are quite common in Amsterdam to hoist furniture up to the different apartments. Does France have something similar? This actually makes that door make more sense. A loading door for goods.
I’m pretty certain that’s meant to indeed be a loading boom.

Ignore the balcony since it’s a TV set but they looked like this

F1AC8D44-09BF-43D9-9C21-D57AC5F0757C.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's what I was expecting.

I think it and MMRR look comparable but I'd probably give the slight edge to BatB. I think it looks better than Rat, but I've never been very impressed by that ride.

Of course I've never actually been on any of the three, so that's a significant caveat.
Personally I’d prefer Rat. But again, personally.

UNCgolf

Personally I’d prefer Rat. But again, personally.

I get the feeling my view of Rat is much lower than the general consensus. I should probably watch it again -- I've only seen it once and wasn't impressed at all, but I don't even remember it very well now. And obviously you've actually been on the ride. My opinion could change once I physically ride it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

yensidtlaw1969

Now having seen the beauty and the beast footage, my vote remains in the Rat column.
If we're deciding which is the objectively better attraction, I'd say Beast by several nautical miles.

If we're asking the better fit for EPCOT (recognizing that truly neither of these really fit), I would indeed still cast my vote for Ratatouille.

Man up and put this in MK's Fantasyland where it belongs, Disney. For it's imperfections, it's still a flagship attraction fitting of your so-called flagship park. Bite the bullet and find a way to bring it there -- and then give the other parks several gifts to draw people back away from the chronically overcrowded MK.

But I know it won't happen these days.

thequeuelinelectures

I think this works great for Tokyo where something being mostly just cute, charming, and potentially repetitive aren’t as big of issues. The average scene length here is crazy long compared to the other trackless rides and that’s why the pacing feels so sluggish. There are basically 4 scenes where MMRR has like 12.

Seeing this, I totally get why Rat was chosen for EPCOT. That ride has way more whole whole family appeal and would market way better to a US audience. It’s way easier to justify spending 300 million on an “adventure” ride that dads, moms and kids would be hyped about vs a sing along ride that’s very well done but not for everyone

EricsBiscuit

If we're deciding which is the objectively better attraction, I'd say Beast by several nautical miles.

If we're asking the better fit for EPCOT (recognizing that truly neither of these really fit), I would indeed still cast my vote for Ratatouille.

Man up and put this in MK's Fantasyland where it belongs, Disney. For it's imperfections, it's still a flagship attraction fitting of your so-called flagship park. Bite the bullet and find a way to bring it there -- and then give the other parks several gifts to draw people back away from the chronically overcrowded MK.

But I know it won't happen these days.
They have plenty of space behind Fantasyland as anyone who has ridden the WDWRR is acutely aware of.

lazyboy97o

I'd just assume there was a staircase landing on the other side.
Again, the whole point of such a door is to avoid the stairs. You put the door on the floor where you need the big stuff to go, not the landing that only gets it most of the way there. Imagine an elevator that didn’t take you to the second floor, just one of the stair landings. It’d be stupid and pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom