News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
We'll I'm in a facebook group that one of the members has been really good about inside information. Anyway she said that the Carousel of Progress was in heavy talks about being updated because it is a timeline of white privilege and is not representative of a great big beautiful tomorrow.
The carousel of progress is going to be updated (eventually) because it’s falling apart and its vision of the future includes laserdiscs.

aladdin2007

It feels to me that the new area of France won't be big enough to satisfy the demand for this? I suppose the good thing is that it's a fairly efficient attraction under normal operations.

I have felt from the beginning that designing it as a dead end, with one way in and the same way out was a big mistake. Prior to the covid situation I saw it as one giant bottleneck, for awhile I guess it wont be with the current status of things, but down the road...enjoy getting in and out of there with all the triple wide strollers.

Magic Feather

Can’t they just use the VQ system they built for ROTR?
They could, and they have considered/are considering it. But personally, I’d think it more likely that they use the Runaway Railway approach of a lengthy extended queue that extends past the confines of the official queue, alongside an over posted wait time to scare people off (spoiler alert, I haven’t heard of MMRR’s actual wait extending past 40 min since the reopening).

Beacon Joe

We'll I'm in a facebook group that one of the members has been really good about inside information. Anyway she said that the Carousel of Progress was in heavy talks about being updated because it is a timeline of white privilege and is not representative of a great big beautiful tomorrow.

That's so mind-bogglingly stupid.... that I actually completely believe Disney corporate is having that conversation.

I made a parody post about Main Street representing an era in which the US burned down my ancestors' villages and imprisoned them as POWs (parody post, but the burning and POW part is true). I wonder if some corporate tool ever read that and proceeded with a "hey, boss, we need to tear down Main Street USA because some Filipino is pretending to be offended." :D

Prototype82

I really do wonder what they're going to do with the spaces beneath the windows on that blue building...It's so odd that the shutters go down past the glass...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If there's any place where a brand new attraction would be able to open given the social distancing guidelines... It would have to be Epcot. You can literally stretch a line out for like a quarter of a mile before doing a switch-back. Or, even the virtual queue system reservation for people to reserve BEFORE arriving at the parks with their Epcot park reservation ticket.

Epcot is so freakin large. Go for it Disney. Just be efficient.

trainplane3

Never said it wasn’t. They should move to what Uni is doing. No reservations necessary and high incentives for guests to come. Going to the parks is safer than the grocery store.
Considering that Universal is reducing hours (and obviously aren't pulling the numbers they're expecting at all), I don't think much will help the ongoing situation. Even with a shiny new ride too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom