News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

Forgive me, but MMRR is a new ride that opened during a pandemic. If they can open a trackless rodent E-ticket in the marquee space at DHS during a pandemic, they can open one hidden behind a pavilion at the back of Epcot.

And Ratatouille isn't even an E!

Is it? Maybe Disney classifies it that way internally. It doesn't look like one in ride through videos.

UNCgolf

It’s going into an Epcot. Relative to everything else on offer, it’s an E. Were it going into DisneySea, it would be viewed as a small step above Dumbo.

Fair point.

Doesn't look as good as Spaceship Earth, Soarin', or Living with the Land (I've actually never been on Test Track 2.0 so can't judge it, but the original Test Track was better), but probably better than everything else currently there. And likely more popular with the general public than SE or LwtL, although maybe less than FEA.

Magic Feather

And Ratatouille isn't even an E!

Is it? Maybe Disney classifies it that way internally. It doesn't look like one in ride through videos.
I'd say that Rat is objectively an E-Ticket. Is it a good E-Ticket? That is the more pressing debate (personally, I think it is a ride that I would view way more favorably if it opened in 2008 than when it actually did).

FigmentFan82

I still have 150 and a LD/DVD player as part of my setup (No way am I replacing 150 movies). I also have a 400-disc DVD play and a 3D Blu-Ray so I'm pretty well covered :D
Nothing like hitting that halfway mark and having to flip the sucker to the other side (unless of course it's a dual laser model)

Mike S

I’m trying to remember how many times we’ve already debated E vs D in this thread. When I rode it, I thought it was cute but not worth riding again that trip. To me, that makes it a D at best. But in Epcot it will certainly be a top demand especially when new.
Read my signature for what defines an E Ticket. I love that quote for it’s ability to stop the inane arguments that start up around this topic.

UNCgolf

Read my signature for what defines an E Ticket. I love that quote for it’s ability to stop the inane arguments that start up around this topic.

I don't think the quote really helps that much, because it's still open to interpretation. I read that and say there's no way Ratatouille meets that criteria. Other people could read it and say "Oh yeah, Ratatouille definitely fits!"

Something like Spaceship Earth wouldn't be considered an E-ticket under that definition either. Scope matters as much (and I'd say moreso) than thrill.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I don't think the quote really helps that much, because it's still open to interpretation. I read that and say there's no way Ratatouille meets that criteria. Other people could read it and say "Oh yeah, Ratatouille definitely fits!"
It’s also a bit of a logical fallacy, appealing to the authority of the guy who immerses with giant boxes and broke the Disneyland Monorail.

nickys

Premium Member
Not really.
It says “thrill and immersion and ride systems”. That would rule out several - HM, PotC, basically any ride that I would actually ride because the thrill factor isn’t there (‘cos I’m a scaredy cat). Then it would rule out BTMRR (which I will happily ride) because it’s a plain old rickety roller coaster. And you’re left with about six, maybe a few more.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom