News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Marc Davis Fan

The problem is guests rate attractions, not sight lines. Sight lines are subliminal. Just because it doesn’t show up anywhere on their spreadsheets doesn’t mean it has no effect on guests.

T.H.I.S.

Good sightlines are a major part of what makes Disney "feel" different from the outside world - including other theme parks. If Disney management "forgets" this or is too short-sighted to take it into account, Disney will no longer be the experience that it has been for 60+ years.

Rich Brownn

It typically takes 2-3 weeks for a new hire to be fully trained in their role, I don't see additional training taking longer than that.
They take that long now? Wow! When I worked there (granted, ages ago) my training lasted 2-3 days. Only exception was monorail (5 days). At Universal my training for each position was 1 day for a total of 4 days (Disaster!) and 3 days for Hogwarts Express plus 1 day just for Potter Info training.

Surferboy567

If Epcot does open...when are we expecting this to be operational. Any timeframe? It seemed almost complete.

Escipally if Spaceship Earth is still going down.

WDW862

They take that long now? Wow! When I worked there (granted, ages ago) my training lasted 2-3 days. Only exception was monorail (5 days). At Universal my training for each position was 1 day for a total of 4 days (Disaster!) and 3 days for Hogwarts Express plus 1 day just for Potter Info training.
Back in the day (before my time) traditions itself was 3 days long. In my experience it takes 2-3 weeks to be fully trained in a role. This is in QSR and Custodial.

rle4lunch

I imagine a good chunk of it is required HR powerpoints that are now mandated by the government. You know, peoples and their lawsuits on everything nowadays..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, with 6 weeks until EPCOT reopens, any chance Rat opens then? Or is Aug/Sept more realistic? Seems opening it right when EPCOT reopens could draw some serious crowds (which I would think they would be wanting to avoid... At least right at the beginning)

Surferboy567

So, with 6 weeks until EPCOT reopens, any chance Rat opens then? Or is Aug/Sept more realistic? Seems opening it right when EPCOT reopens could draw some serious crowds (which I would think they would be wanting to avoid... At least right at the beginning)

Would they even want to draw massive crowds to Epcot? I’m curious about this as well. With limited capacity the whole park could pile into France.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was around 10 weeks away give or take when the parks closed. And that was with the staff available for training.

Purduevian

Would they even want to draw massive crowds to Epcot? I’m curious about this as well. With limited capacity the whole park could pile into France.

EPCOT seems the best park to push people towards. I assume it will be the last one to reach capacity every day the reservation system is open. RAT could help it reach capacity much more often if it were to open and might even allow other parks to not reach capacity on certain days. On top of that, simply make a boarding group system for RAT to spread out the crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom