News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

Ok ... I had to re-check to find the location of the 2D flats. They are highly visible from the Skyliner but it's not clear to me whether they'll be visible from the ground when walking towards the entrance to Remy (at the red X). They might be mostly hidden by the 3D facade.

So far I haven't seen any sign that the green exterior of the show building will get any theming, decoration or landscaping (trees) on the southwest or southeast sides which will be visible from the Skyliner. I have no idea what the show building will look like from the direction of the lagoon.
View attachment 458811
The flats will be visible from the ground. The show building facing the lagoon, sitting right there behind the Morocco Pavilion is same green metal panels plus some stairs to provide scale.

No Name

Ok ... I had to re-check to find the location of the 2D flats. They are highly visible from the Skyliner but it's not clear to me whether they'll be visible from the ground when walking towards the entrance to Remy (at the red X). They might be mostly hidden by the 3D facade.

So far I haven't seen any sign that the green exterior of the show building will get any theming, decoration or landscaping (trees) on the southwest or southeast sides which will be visible from the Skyliner. I have no idea what the show building will look like from the direction of the lagoon.
View attachment 458811

Having seen it in person, it’s unfortunately visible from across the lagoon, but will probably not be consciously noticed by most average guests. It’s a bulky building, but it hides behind a thin layer of trees, and the go-away green helps a bit in that instance. I’d say it’s on par with the Soarin’ building. Thankfully not even remotely as bad as the GotG building.

The Slyliner view is much worse. It’s clearly backstage at that point, and there is, and will be, zero effort to hide it. What’s there now is pretty much final.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fixt...

1585263594790.png

Josh Hendy

Have the words, "If only they had done it right like they did at WDSP...", ever been uttered before? ;) Because they may just apply to this area.
I'll give you that. The circumstances are different in Paris (a single isolated show building with bathrooms and a souvenir shop). They heavily screened the 100 meters or so of walkway with trees (almost like Jurassic Park or Animal Kingdom lol). But once you're at Remy's, the building construction and sight lines look first class. Nothing plasticky or 2D in sight and no bizarre colors.
Screenshot_20200327-105442_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20200327-105400_Maps.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'll give you that. The circumstances are different in Paris (a single isolated show building with bathrooms and a souvenir shop). They heavily screened the 100 meters or so of walkway with trees (almost like Jurassic Park or Animal Kingdom lol). But once you're at Remy's, the building construction and sight lines look first class. Nothing plasticky or 2D in sight and no bizarre colors.
View attachment 458995
View attachment 458997

It looks better in person. 😉

_caleb

I bet they felt extra pressure with Ratatouille in Paris because it’s in Paris.

Also, I’m still convinced they aren’t finished painting Ratatouille in Orlando yet. The existing buildings all have a dingy coat of paint that mutes the color and makes the buildings look old and weathered.

No Name

The area in Paris was designed in a different time, when they cared about how things looked. Since 2016ish it’s clear they don’t give a rat’s , as evidenced by this, Tron, and of course, Guardians.

The problem is guests rate attractions, not sight lines. Sight lines are subliminal. Just because it doesn’t show up anywhere on their spreadsheets doesn’t mean it has no effect on guests.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

Also, I’m still convinced they aren’t finished painting Ratatouille in Orlando yet. The existing buildings all have a dingy coat of paint that mutes the color and makes the buildings look old and weathered.
I'm hoping the buildings end up looking antiqued. The paint job on the last pictures I saw, appeared too bright and new to be consistent with the real Paris.

Jones14

Even beyond that, Rat (and more importantly the mini land it resides in) carried the burden of fixing the studios park, a concrete wasteland of warehouses, cheap clones, and garish decor that made the worst parts of DCA and DHS look like DisneySea in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom