News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Kman101

Talk about your wishful thinking... if WS/France were to remain true to Paris of today, the already narrow passages would be lined with the tents of homeless refugees, the streets would be strewn with garbage (Disney garbage, of course, so nobody gets sick) and there'd be Gendarmerie Nationale toting automatic weapons at every turn.

"Disney garbage, of course" :hilarious:
I am happy the rodent infestation is behind the pavilion, with a path around it. God forbid any of the considered options to drive a path straight through the pavilion would've come to fruition.

IdF could've been reduced to a mere queue leading to a trendy ride in a building behind it. The same unspeakable barbarism they've pulled over at Energy. :cry:
(And previously at the Kitchen Kabaret Theatre, albeit less dramatically)

In a sense, if you do want to add sometimes you have to choose between either going through or going around what was there. The former options destructs what was there but integrates the new better, the latter the reverse. Preferences may vary, from case to case. In this case, RAT not being related to nor set in the same location as the rest of the pavilion, it is better to just go around it.

Very much with you on all of this.

I think it was the best choice for the situation.

I'm very very very [very] glad the theater isn't being used as queue space. That's a decision they've made more times than not. It's about time they realize you don't need to or shouldn't 'replace' everything. Sometimes new builds are good ... I know that's a hard concept for them though, lol. They're slightly improving but then you have Energy and GMR needlessly closing so it's a few steps forward and several steps backwards.

180º

I very much doubt the 1982 film will be left untouched. How much and in what way hasn’t been decided yet.
I wonder if they would try to implement a seamless screen system like in HoP and the upcoming China film. The IDF projection surface is a little different, though, kind of an irregular arc.

Tavernacle12

I very much doubt the 1982 film will be left untouched. How much and in what way hasn’t been decided yet.

I remember you talking about possible changes to it before. It is likelier (if you know) we'd get a totally different film there or a revised and updated version of IdF?

180º

I doubt it since the CV film system by its nature has gaps in the footage between individual screens.
I take it this is assuming they keep the existing footage, yes? I understand with the new China film, Disney announced it would be completely re-shot to allow for seamless projection.

djkidkaz

Shouldn't it going BEHIND the pavilion be seen as a GOOD thing? lol. Not you of course but it's a bit bizarre to criticize them for hiding it. Shouldn't the purists be happy it's hidden? I think it was smart to put it behind the pavilion.

"Disney garbage, of course" :hilarious:

Yes I was agreeing that it was good. I guess it didn’t come across in my post.

Kman101

Yes I was agreeing that it was good. I guess it didn’t come across in my post.

No, we're on the same page :) I said "not you of course" so I wasn't including you in saying it was a bad thing, just was going off your post because I agreed with you. Sorry for any confusion, lol

CraftyFox

While I hate IPcot, this actually looks pretty promising. Finally, we’re using up the dead-space in the France Pavillion! I wonder what’s next, Mary Poppins in England? There’s a lot of empty space there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom