News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

ToTBellHop

Bare steel coasters with minimal themeing, oversized character statues and decorations in lieu of placemaking, slapping franchise names onto lightly redecorated attractions. This is the Six Flags design philosophy and is slowly becoming Disney's as well with things like Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier.

It's not a crime to point out flaws in something that you're a fan of. Disney set their own standard, we just want them to continue to uphold it instead of building things that are "good enough."
I don’t know that it’s becoming their philosophy so much as it’s becoming an acceptable option. They still build Pandoras and Batuus, too. To be fair, a bare coaster in a kiddie land is nothing new to Disney. If this were taking up an appropriate acreage and budget for a kiddie land and DHS were getting another full-fledged land as originally envisioned, I wouldn’t really have any complaints here. Slinky will be fun for what it is. I just don’t think they are managing to give DHS the rebirth it needs. But I also get that they feel a need to triage when two parks have serious challenges.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 12, 2018. Construction as viewed from Epcot public areas.

IMG_0382.JPG

The trees behind "Florida Fresh" between Morocco and France hide most of the construction when on the pavement at that location, but from across the lake, you can see more.

IMG_0385.JPG

donsullivan

Premium Member
Then I would refer you to my post just a few posts above yours, where I said that I have no problem with this ride coming to WS and that I feel it is a good fit.

As I specifically pointed out, my issue is with the ride itself. It's literally just moving from giant screen to giant screen to stop for a few seconds and watch a video clip play. It's boring and I think it's a weak attraction. It doesn't even really use the LPS system for anything cool.

I don't get excited for new things simply because they're new.
I think we all get the point that you don’t like it. Continuing to relentlessly beat that drum in an attempt to drill into our heads that our opinion is invalid and wrong is unnecessary. We get it, and you will not be forced to ride or even look at it if you do not want to.

I have ridden it multiple times and while not the best E ticket ever built, it will be enjoyable to a wide audience of Epcot visitors and in the end, that’s all that counts.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I think we all get the point that you don’t like it. Continuing to relentlessly beat that drum in an attempt to drill into our heads that our opinion is invaluable and wrong is unnecessary. We get it, and you will not be forced to ride or even look at it if you do not want to.

I have ridden it multiple times and while not the best E ticket ever built, it will be enjoyable to a wide audience of Epcot visitors and in the end, that’s all that counts.
I enjoy it. It will be the weakest LPS ride at WDW, but still great and the best ride in World Showcase. I realize that’s not an enormous accomplishment.

Castle Cake Apologist

I think we all get the point that you don’t like it. Continuing to relentlessly beat that drum in an attempt to drill into our heads that our opinion is invalid and wrong is unnecessary. We get it, and you will not be forced to ride or even look at it if you do not want to.

Huh? You must not have meant to quote my post. I can't imagine where you saw anywhere in there, or in any other post that I've made about this ride, that I told anybody that their opinion of the ride was invalid or wrong?

It seems like the entire function of your post is to tell me to stop posting my opinion because you feel that it is invalid and wrong.

Key phrases in the post you quoted include "I feel," and "I think." Clear indicators that I am posting my personal feelings about the attraction. Something that I am more than entitled to do, just as you are. At no point did I tell anybody that they shouldn't express their opinion, unlike yourself.

The Empress Lilly

You mean as a part of France? Seriously, they will want to theme and/or hide the show building, just as they always do. I would guess the ride queue will be very prominently displayed in France. If you want a hidden ride, try Mexico...That ride is practically camouflaged off in the corner behind all the shops.
The Mexico ride is not hidden, but well integrated, I'd say. :)

A prominently displayed ride queue entrance for RAT would merely reinforce Lazyboy's point, that RAT does not form a cohesive part of the France pavilion. (Necessary big marquees are a red flag of poor design to begin with)

Kman101

A prominently displayed ride queue entrance for RAT would merely reinforce Lazyboy's point, that RAT does not form a cohesive part of the France pavilion. (Necessary big marquees are a red flag of poor design to begin with)

No. It would fit regardless (some just beat the drum everything IP is awful and doesn't fit, that's certainly one opinion, of course). It wasn't put where it was because of what he's talking about. That's called 'wishful thinking'

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Talk about your wishful thinking... if WS/France were to remain true to Paris of today, the already narrow passages would be lined with the tents of homeless refugees, the streets would be strewn with garbage (Disney garbage, of course, so nobody gets sick) and there'd be Gendarmerie Nationale toting automatic weapons at every turn.

djkidkaz

Didn’t the concept art show that the marquee of the attraction was going behind the France pavilion? So you wouldn’t even see it when looking at the world showcase as a whole.

Kman101

Didn’t the concept art show that the marquee of the attraction was going behind the France pavilion? So you wouldn’t even see it when looking at the world showcase as a whole.

Shouldn't it going BEHIND the pavilion be seen as a GOOD thing? lol. Not you of course but it's a bit bizarre to criticize them for hiding it. Shouldn't the purists be happy it's hidden? I think it was smart to put it behind the pavilion.

Talk about your wishful thinking... if WS/France were to remain true to Paris of today, the already narrow passages would be lined with the tents of homeless refugees, the streets would be strewn with garbage (Disney garbage, of course, so nobody gets sick) and there'd be Gendarmerie Nationale toting automatic weapons at every turn.

"Disney garbage, of course" :hilarious:

lazyboy97o

There will be a sign at the entry of the path around the pavilion, visible from the main promenade, then an entry portal on the back side to define the fountain courtyard in front of the showbuilding and then finally the attraction entrance at the attraction building on the far side of where you entered. Lots of reminders that going around back has a purpose.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There will be a sign at the entry of the path around the pavilion, visible from the main promenade, then an entry portal on the back side to define the fountain courtyard in front of the showbuilding and then finally the attraction entrance at the attraction building on the far side of where you entered. Lots of reminders that going around back has a purpose.
And then some.

smile

And then some.

what time is the 3 o'clock parade?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And clearly visible from the gondola. ;)

The Empress Lilly

Shouldn't it going BEHIND the pavilion be seen as a GOOD thing? lol. Not you of course but it's a bit bizarre to criticize them for hiding it. Shouldn't the purists be happy it's hidden? I think it was smart to put it behind the pavilion.
I am happy the rodent infestation is behind the pavilion, with a path around it. God forbid any of the considered options to drive a path straight through the pavilion would've come to fruition.

IdF could've been reduced to a mere queue leading to a trendy ride in a building behind it. The same unspeakable barbarism they've pulled over at Energy. :cry:
(And previously at the Kitchen Kabaret Theatre, albeit less dramatically)

In a sense, if you do want to add sometimes you have to choose between either going through or going around what was there. The former options destructs what was there but integrates the new better, the latter the reverse. Preferences may vary, from case to case. In this case, RAT not being related to nor set in the same location as the rest of the pavilion, it is better to just go around it.

aladdin2007

I am happy the rodent infestation is behind the pavilion, with a path around it. God forbid any of the considered options to drive a path straight through the pavilion would've come to fruition.

IdF could've been reduced to a mere queue leading to a trendy ride in a building behind it. The same unspeakable barbarism they've pulled over at Energy. :cry:
(And previously at the Kitchen Kabaret Theatre, albeit less dramatically)

In a sense, if you do want to add sometimes you have to choose between either going through or going around what was there. The former options destructs what was there but integrates the new better, the latter the reverse. Preferences may vary, from case to case. In this case, RAT not being related to nor set in the same location as the rest of the pavilion, it is better to just go around it.

Im still surprised they did not take that route. Someone must have fought hard to keep that attraction space whether it stays IDF or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom