News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

I'm assuming that is only the lower level of the show building? From the POV ride videos, it appears there are lifts to run the track on 2 floors... I could be wrong. If so, that's going to be one big building. Hope the theme the front the same way DLPs is, with the facade architecture. At least we'd have something to look at, though it puts Paris awfully deep into the Moroccon view. It's a theme park, so I'll take the compromise.
The ride track is all on one level, so no Transformers elevators. That side of the building is about 16 meters tall and if you look at aerial images you’ll see that there really is sizable equipment on the roof. The facades are going on the entrance side behind the existing pavilion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yup! We're getting at least two each year, right? This should've been happening this past decade too, but as the saying goes, the second best time to start is now.

Sounds about right...

Timeline

• EP: August: Mission Space update [accomplished]
  • EP: August: Universe of Energy closes for GotG ride [accomplished]
  • EP: Sum of All Thrills Reopens (?) Nope, and it won't. [accomplished]
  • EP: Coco appearance in Mexico's pyramid (not the ride yet), perhaps Los Muertos mariachis [accomplished]
  • HS: August: TGMR closes for Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad
  • HS: December: Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 8 [accomplished]
  • MK: will Hall of Presidents ever reopen? [accomplished]
  • MK: Aug 28 - Nov 16: Splash Mountain refurb (back of stage infrastructure stuff) [accomplished]
  • DS: December: La Nouba closes / Edison opens? [accomplished]

• MK: Stitch in perpetual seasonal mode awaiting for a decision for a replacement
  • EP: January: American Adventure film to go digital [accomplished]
  • HS: June 30: Toy Story Land opens
  • HS: Little Mermaid show replaced... maybe

• EP: Space Restaurant opens
  • EP: Spaceship Earth gets a regular refurb
  • EP: late in year: Gran Fiesta closes for a Coco overhaul [now very iffy]
  • EP: fall: Riviera DVC opens
  • HS: fall: SW:GE opens
  • HS: fall: Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad opens
  • HS: December: Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 9
  • HS: one of these likely to be replaced: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, or, Indiana Jones Stunt Show
  • WDW: 2nd/3rd Quarter: Skyline (gondola lift) opens

• EP: Coco overhaul opens at Mexico pavilion [now very iffy]
  • EP: Innoventions overhaul (most likely demo'd)
  • EP: New film for Impressions de France
  • EP: early-year: Illuminations next version [moved from 2019]
  • EP: early spring: Rat Ride
  • EP: fall: some sort of UK Ride, likely Poppins dark ride [moved from 2021]
  • EP: new China 360 film and seamless tech
  • MK: new theater behind Main Street opens [likely cancelled]
  • MK: Big Thunder Mountain finally gets the SFX that the DL version has

• EP: Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens
  • EP: Nothing happening in Wonders of Life until maybe at this time or later
  • EP: a new resort by (or on) front gate
  • HS: two of these likely to be refreshed: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, Indiana Jones Stunt Show
  • MK: 50th Anniversary
  • MK: New Night Time Parade
  • MK: spring: new TRON Bike coaster
  • MK: Speedway overhaul done (likely a TRON theme)

• EP: 40th Anniversary
  • EP: Brazil pavilion opens
  • EP: Maybe an Imagination renovation, or 2023
  • EP: Spine renovation, or 2023

• EP: a second (or the first) new resort by (or on) the front gate

• EP: thee new national pavilions by then... maybe

• maybe 6 new boutique resorts 2018-2031

azox

Considering that they themed the back of ToT to blend into Morocco, makes me think they would do something just as clever to blend in this box.

Man this building is going to get big. I found this time lapse footage from DLP construction to be interesting. It gives us an idea of what we have in store as construction continues.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Man this building is going to get big. I found this time lapse footage from DLP construction to be interesting to get an idea of what we have in store for us to watch as construction continues.

OK, now I'm confused. I always thought that the reason the building was so big (as in tall) was because the ride, or the queue, was over two levels.

So why do we need such a tall building for this ride? Is it just theming, or to store the ride system, or something else?

lazyboy97o

OK, now I'm confused. I always thought that the reason the building was so big (as in tall) was because the ride, or the queue, was over two levels.

So why do we need such a tall building for this ride? Is it just theming, or to store the ride system, or something else?
Very large show sets. The screens and some of the sets are nearly 10 meters tall.

Monorail_Red_77

Why would that be a bad thing?
Here's one reason.
1524252515645.png

By the way. Wouldn't be nice if they could something to the outside of this building. Beside just painting it Go-away Blue.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Here's one reason.
View attachment 279204

By the way. Wouldn't be nice if they could something to the outside of this building. Beside just painting it Go-away Blue.

I see your point, it would be tricky forced perspective of the building but could be done. That said, how many guests truly don’t even notice the show building? We’re all aware of it, but most are not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom