Remember When Cinderella Castle Was Turned Into A Cake in 1996?

Did You Like The Castle As A Cake?

• Yes

Votes: 95 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 137 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adrianuk91

I was about 5 when we visited that year and its one of my earliest memories of WDW and I personally loved it (bear in mind I was about 5) and I still like it because it brings up really good memories for me. Even though it was our 2nd time at WDW I don't remember the 1st time as I was only about 2, so for me (and this may sound odd and people may think I'm strange:hammer:) it seems ever so slighty weird seeing the castle as it's meant to be, as I just assumed that it looked like a giant cake all the time and it seemed odd the 3rd time we went and the castle wasn't a giant cake. I always have been a strange child :lookaroun.

Disney-Nautifan

OOOOO for pity's sake, can all of you just stop saying how bad the castle cake was ok!!!!! :mad:

I thought it was wonderful, but saying it was bad is like you all are saying that no birthday cakes should be included at a celebration, not even poor Disney. Anway, they probably will not repeat the cake overlay in the future ever again at a disney theme park (I hope you're happy...)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Like high school dating and tuxedo choices for prom and wedding....some things are best forgotten...:eek:

While I don't think of the end result as great, I applaud the imagination and attempt. It was....interesting and unforgettable.

dixiegirl

OOOOO for pity's sake, can all of you just stop saying how bad the castle cake was ok!!!!! :mad:

I thought it was wonderful, but saying it was bad is like you all are saying that no birthday cakes should be included at a celebration, not even poor Disney. Anway, they probably will not repeat the cake overlay in the future ever again at a disney theme park (I hope you're happy...)

I LOVED IT!!!!!.....But I knew it was'nt permanant!

ChuckElias

I thought it was wonderful, but saying it was bad is like you all are saying that no birthday cakes should be included at a celebration, not even poor Disney.
If you look at the poll results, we're not "all" saying it was bad. 40% of us (including me) liked it. It brings great memories of my mom.

sublimesting

I'm sure AP and people that visit annually were OK with it, but I can't see how that decision was allowed. Think of all the people that were getting married or engaged or it was their 1st visit or they only visit every few years. They should have saved the money from that and made a giant cake that looks the same way and everyone gets a free piece.

disneylemons

I didn't mind it..actually since I knew it was for a special occasion thought it was pretty cool... my 5 year old son hated it.. wouldn't even look at it..ha

Ancalimei

You know whats funny? My friend was showing me videos of her during that year.. She was minnie mouse very often during the performances in front of the castle XD. She had a fairly good quality video. goodness that was a lot of pink.

EPCOTPluto

I actually really liked the Castle in its cake form. I thought it was awesome. :D

Besides, 1996 marked the year I began to truly enjoy the parks, and being able to remember it! :sohappy:

disfan411

I did not go that year to see the cake as i was little and couldnt bug my parents enough i guess :ROFLOL:. but I think the cake was a great idea. To turn the castle into that was a cool thing to do to mark the celebration. it was something different and just like disney they did it big. before they did it i doubt many people would have ever thought "I wonder if they can change the castle in anyway" and then a huge cake.

I am a Cake Castle, BIG Hat, and Wand Lover and not afraid to admit it.

bgraham34

Personally I wish I would have gotten to see the castle like that. I can really form a true opinion without having actually seen it in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom