Remember When Cinderella Castle Was Turned Into A Cake in 1996?

Did You Like The Castle As A Cake?

• Yes

Votes: 95 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 137 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

radiohost

Original Poster
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort on October 1, 1996, Imagineers turned the castle into a cake...
397px-25th_Celebration_Cinderella_Castle_1997.jpg

Did you like it or hate it???

Radiohost:cool:

LeeSeeBabe

I did not like the Castle as a cake even when I was 11 years old!! But I did love the time period.....(reflection moment): My brothers always went to concerts with my dad so once a year my mom, dad, and I would go to Disney just the three of us to make up for it!! it was during that time :)

Scooter

As long as I knew it was eventually going away, I Liked the Castle Cake.
Would I want it to stay that way....?
Nooooooooo WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYYYYY!!

Tinkerbella16

I was 10 years old when we went that year. At the time we thought it was so neat and different. Now, I think what were they thinking??? I guess for the time period back then it was okay. I don't think they could pull that off now in 2008 haha.

Panhead

I thought (still think) it was hidious.... if it was edible, thats another story :slurp:

I did like the "Remember The Magic" parade though, one of my favs :D

-Chris-

PS ~ Does anybody have any pictures of the "transformation" into/out of the cake? I think that would be interesting to see half a cake :D

Disneyfanman

I didn't visit that year, but saw pics and hated them. The castle is special and it felt like the cake cheapened it. I made my skin crawl to see it again. I am very open to many of the changes that Disney has made over the years (I didn't care one way or another about the Epcot wand), but don't ever mess with my main street "first look" experience! It changes the "Oooooooh" into an "Ugh".

Just one man's opinion.

fmingo36

Where's the castle?

No I didn't like the castle as a cake.
I brought my DS who was almost 5 years old at the time and he just kept asking me "when are we going to go see the castle?"
Try explaining to a 5 year old that the giant pink cake is the castle!

mpoppins76

I thought (still think) it was hidious.... if it was edible, thats another story :slurp:

-Chris-

PS ~ Does anybody have any pictures of the "transformation" into/out of the cake? I think that would be interesting to see half a cake :D
Omg, just got that song in my head. :lol: It was a great parade.

Disney_Belle

I liked that parade too - and thank you - for the rest of the night I will be singing "Its time to remember the maaaagiccccccc" along with the hand gestures to go with the music lol.

I thought the cake was a clever Idea, but the pepto pink was a bit much... and I really couldn't help but thing about people who cant afford to come to WDW on a yearly basis, who came to see Cinderella's Castle - and thats what they got. :shrug:

mpoppins76

I liked that parade too - and thank you - for the rest of the night I will be singing "Its time to remember the maaaagiccccccc" along with the hand gestures to go with the music lol.

I thought the cake was a clever Idea, but the pepto pink was a bit much... and I really couldn't help but thing about people who cant afford to come to WDW on a yearly basis, who came to see Cinderella's Castle - and thats what they got. :shrug:
I was on CP during that time (yes I'm old! :eek:) and heard alot of guest complaints about that very thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom