News Reimagined Toontown coming

SuddenStorm

Disneyland really has let go of trying to make their cast members look presentable in any way, huh?

They've also let go to any expectation of service.

My theory? Their hope is to mostly eliminate cast member interactions with the app as quickly as possible, so why bother training your CM's to actually provide any semblance of service?

And it wouldn't hurt to have someone there to help CM's properly size their costumes. And it'd be nice if they actually enforced their new standards for tattoo sizing, it seems like anything goes. And to at least make sure beards are trimmed properly, there's far to many neckbeards.

TP2000

And it wouldn't hurt to have someone there to help CM's properly size their costumes.

I fully realize that many young people have no idea what an inseam is now, but the inseams on those CM's trousers were so comically wrong! Just really bad. Like they have no idea what size to ask for, and no on in the Wardrobe department knows, or is allowed to ask, what their proper inseam is before they give them their pants.

That picture of the CM's on opening day proves that without a shadow of a doubt.

Top Tip: A man's inseam remains the same from about the time he stops growing around age 20 to the time he starts shrinking about age 70. Your waist size may grow or shrink, or mostly just grow, but your inseam will remain the same from age 20 until you start collecting Social Security. And by that point in your life, who the hell cares? :cool:

But when you are in your 20's and 30's?!? Know your damn inseam size and wear your pants correctly like a man should!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I fully realize that many young people have no idea what an inseam is now, but the inseams on those CM's trousers were so comically wrong! Just really bad. Like they have no idea what size to ask for, and no on in the Wardrobe department knows, or is allowed to ask, what their proper inseam is before they give them their pants.

That picture of the CM's on opening day proves that without a shadow of a doubt.

Top Tip: A man's inseam remains the same from about the time he stops growing around age 20 to the time he starts shrinking about age 70. Your waist size may grow or shrink, or mostly just grow, but your inseam will remain the same from age 20 until you start collecting Social Security. And by that point in your life, who the hell cares? :cool:

But when you are in your 20's and 30's?!? Know your damn inseam size and wear your pants correctly like a man should!
This is why God gave us rolling-up-the-cuff!!

Californian Elitist

"Presentable"? That's the most glowing term you could think of to described uniformed CM's at a grand opening event? 🤔
That’s the word I used, no? It’s the word another poster used, so I used it. There’s nothing “glowing” about that term. Again with the dramatics…

What’s the problem with the CMs? Their shirts are tucked in, with the exception of a few, there are no stains on their uniforms, no one is barefoot, and everyone has neat hair. Again, presentable. That’s the new Toontown uniform. What else were they supposed to wear, tuxes and ball gowns? Do you have a problem with the masks? Or would you prefer everyone dress like 18th century European aristocrats?

CaptinEO

That’s the word I used, no? It’s the word another poster used, so I used it. There’s nothing “glowing” about that term. Again with the dramatics…

What’s the problem with the CMs? Their shirts are tucked in, with the exception of a few, there are no stains on their uniforms, no one is barefoot, and everyone has neat hair. Again, presentable. That’s the new Toontown uniform. What else were they supposed to wear, tuxes and ball gowns? Do you have a problem with the masks? Or would you prefer everyone dress like 18th century European aristocrats?
I'm cracking up at the idea in your mind that the only step up from these loose fitting bright colored Disney costumes are 18th Century aristocrats.

People are allowed to have a different opinion. If you like these costumes that's cool and all but maybe see that others may not feel the same way. And you're both right, everyone's opinion is valid.

Californian Elitist

I'm cracking up at the idea in your mind that the only step up these poorly made bright colored Disney costumes are 18th Century aristocrats.

People are allowed to have a different opinion. If you like these costumes that's cool and all but maybe see that others may not feel the same way. And you're both right, everyone's opinion is valid.
Wow, you didn’t catch the sarcasm/ hyperbole? Just flew right over, huh?

Where did I say people weren’t allowed to have different opinions? Where did I indicate that I liked the costumes? I actually don’t like them and I mentioned that in this very thread. I’m simply challenging the “presentable” component of the current topic in this thread. I’m doing what we all do here: debate. Trust me, I understand that people have different opinions. I’m not 5.

Disney Analyst

Inseam isn’t something a CM would even be able to consider with the costumes provided. You pick the waist size that works, and hopefully it looks okay.

TP2000

What’s the problem with the CMs? Their shirts are tucked in, with the exception of a few, there are no stains on their uniforms, no one is barefoot, and everyone has neat hair. Again, presentable.

If that's your standard for what an employee should look like at a theme park that alleges to be "immersive" and charges $169 to get in (Genie+ $25 additional) then that says quite a lot.

As for me, I have much higher standards for service staff when I'm being charged premium prices. I can ignore the cheesy PR smarm about being "immersed in their story", but I have expectations for what those employees should look like at that price point.

TP2000

Inseam isn’t something a CM would even be able to consider with the costumes provided. You pick the waist size that works, and hopefully it looks okay.

Seriously?

The Disneyland costuming department doesn't stock men's trousers with an inseam size? That can't be right. o_O

And if so, when did that change? After the Covid closure? Or rolling out with these new genderless uniforms? Because for decades Disneyland's male CM's always had pants that fit correctly, with a proper inseam.

Two different men, two different heights, two different inseams. Go, Go, Goodyear!

01f74ac3209c05ce6f6623f0032c45c8--disneyland-california-vintage-disneyland.jpg

Even the ladies have some uniforms with pants instead of dresses, and there's obviously an inseam difference between these two.

9952cc73ec5ee3b57db7256731539df9.jpg

When did Disneyland's costuming department stop carrying pant sizes with inseam measurements???

Last edited:

TP2000

And this one is just for fun! The Matterhorn Hostess "Winter" costume where they wore ski pants instead of Leiderhosen.

Can you imagine seeing a Disneyland hostess now that looks this clean-cut, this fresh-faced, this attractive???

cf10b187a20a59ca6b75d76fc1eb1feb.jpg

mickEblu

Seriously?

The Disneyland costuming department doesn't stock men's trousers with an inseam size? That can't be right. o_O

And if so, when did that change? After the Covid closure? Or rolling out with these new genderless uniforms? Because for decades Disneyland's male CM's always had pants that fit correctly, with a proper inseam.

Two different men, two different heights, two different inseams. Go, Go, Goodyear!

Even the ladies have some uniforms with pants instead of dresses, and there's obviously an inseam difference between these two.

When did Disneyland's costuming department stop carrying pant sizes with inseam measurements???

I’m pretty sure the guy on the left was one of the wheelers from Return to Oz

Disney Analyst

Seriously?

My memory is hazy as it’s almost 10 years since my brief stint at MK, but I only recall waist sizes. Maybe there was some other measurement taken that helped narrow down the pants… but I don’t recall it.

My memory is that everything was built as a “pick the best size for you”, but kind of a one size fits all situation.

TP2000

My memory is hazy as it’s almost 10 years since my brief stint at MK, but I only recall waist sizes. Maybe there was some other measurement taken that helped narrow down the pants… but I don’t recall it.

My memory is that everything was built as a “pick the best size for you”, but kind of a one size fits all situation.

My God. How low can they go??? But if true, that would then explain why the CM's are forced to work wearing pants like this...

Don't Trip!.jpg

Californian Elitist

If that's your standard for what an employee should look like at a theme park that alleges to be "immersive" and charges $169 to get in (Genie+ $25 additional) then that says quite a lot.

As for me, I have much higher standards for service staff when I'm being charged premium prices. I can ignore the cheesy PR smarm about being "immersed in their story", but I have expectations for what those employees should look like at that price point.
What does it say about me? Tell me.

The thing is, your expectations are pretty absurd for what employees wear at a theme park where people wait in lines to ride rides, watch corny shows, and stuff their faces with corn dogs, popcorn, and turkey legs that have probably been injected with growth hormones. Disneyland is not a luxurious and glamorous place, and never has been. This isn’t the Beverly Hills on Sunset. This is a theme park land that is very colorful and zany, where Mickey and Minnie Mouse “live” with their chipmunk and duck friends.

Like…?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And this one is just for fun! The Matterhorn Hostess "Winter" costume where they wore ski pants instead of Leiderhosen.

Can you imagine seeing a Disneyland hostess now that looks this clean-cut, this fresh-faced, this attractive???

cf10b187a20a59ca6b75d76fc1eb1feb.jpg
OMG. How dare you! Do you not see the tragedy which is her shoes?

I'm demanding you hand in your card at the next meeting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom