News Reimagined Toontown coming

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But instead they decided to put a real tree, with fake roots that aren't at all convincing. Those roots are almost as thick as the tree itself. How are kids supposed to play on them?
Because they are indeed fake and are indeed as thick as the tree itself making them waist-high to tots and totally not a tripping hazard.

Did you want real roots an inch thick barely breaking the surface such that it would actually be a tripping hazard and wind up being worn down by kids playing on them?

This isn't really that hard to wrap one's mind around. It's a children's play area with -- to them -- large plastic things to climb (but not too high).

DKampy

Yeah, that "Dreaming Tree" area is a mess. Even a decade from now when the tree is larger, or has branches that extend further out, the roots will still look stupid.

And the AstroTurf? It looks like a miniature golf course.

That they actually belched out all the saccharine drivel that they did about Walt sitting underneath this tree dreaming of the future is more our fault for buying it, than it is their fault for belching it out at us. If we keep lapping up all their press releases without question, we deserve this kind of crap.

At least this lady found a use for one of the ugly roots. You lean on it and read the paper map because you didn't download the Disney Hulu Mandatory Fun+ App for your day at the theme park!

View attachment 704920
I wonder if people you don’t know enjoy you taking random pictures of them

CaptinEO

Because they are indeed fake and are indeed as thick as the tree itself making them waist-high to tots and totally not a tripping hazard.

Did you want real roots an inch thick barely breaking the surface such that it would actually be a tripping hazard and wind up being worn down by kids playing on them?

This isn't really that hard to wrap one's mind around. It's a children's play area with -- to them -- large plastic things to climb (but not too high).
These will be gone in one year after kids trip on them or climb and fall off of them.

It amazes me no one at TDA remembers what happened with the play areas of Toon Town 1.0.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Why would anyone remember that? They didn't work for Disney back then.
It's called institutional knowledge, when companies document their mistakes as well as lessons learned to aid themselves in the future. A well ran company would do this and continually operate based on lessons learned.

A properly ran TDA should have 6 decades of institutional knowledge from operating theme parks to know what makes a safe play area.

Phroobar

It's called institutional knowledge, when companies document their mistakes as well as lessons learned to aid themselves in the future. A well ran company would do this and continually operate based on lessons learned.

A properly ran TDA should have 6 decades of institutional knowledge from operating theme parks to know what makes a safe play area.
From my personal experience in corporations, I believe that is myth. Corporations are split up into chiefdoms that don't talk to each other and rotate employees really quickly. No one remembers thirty years ago much less five.

Phroobar

Whoa! Haven’t seen that working in years!
Is the DIP hose effect the nozzle the weasel points at you before you go down Roger's portable hole?
iu

180º

Is the DIP hose effect the nozzle the weasel points at you before you go down Roger's portable hole?
iu
I’m talking about how the machine sprays glowing green fluid just off to the left as you approach, then it cuts off right before aiming at you.

I think when you’re staring down the nozzle there’s supposed to be a glowing light as if the dip is welling up, but I’m not sure if that effect is working.

Dr.Cheeto

I'm glad everyone who lost sleep about the "loss" of the Toontown area music can sleep well now! It sounds pretty great, although the new loop sounds like they leaned more into music from the 80's-2000's Goofy Movie/ Disney Afternoon/MM Clubhouse rather than the original loop that referenced 20's-30's classic cartoon music.
Definitely less "wacky" sounding overall, but then again the new choice of music is probably more nostalgic for today's audience.

Disney Analyst

These will be gone in one year after kids trip on them or climb and fall off of them.

It amazes me no one at TDA remembers what happened with the play areas of Toon Town 1.0.

I think the area is pretty rubbery and bouncy for that reason. This is designed to be crawled on, played on, and be not too big that a kid would hurt themselves.

Whether they look successful for or not is another story.

Californian Elitist

In honor of the reopening, I thought I’d post this. My littler sister and I at Minnie’s house in Toontown, likely between 1994 and 1995:

FD7B426E-F27A-4DD9-A808-9853487285F3.jpeg

Regarding the Dreaming Tree, it looks really, really underwhelming. I agree that the branches look too low to the ground and may cause children to trip, especially if they’re running and not paying attention. I’ll save final judgement for when I see everything in person.

Dr.Cheeto

Someone on Twitter just tried to say that the Walt Disney Magic Dreaming Tree! looks better at night.

Why, because it's harder to see? 🧐

Fri9GRbaQAcQAJh
The tree itself looks fine and nobody would criticize it IF Disney didn't hype it up to be "inspired by the tree Walt Disney used to lay under and dream." It doesn't feel genuine and raises more questions than it should. What about this is inspired by Walt Disney? Now I'm imagining Walt Disney laying on bouncy playground floor material in a McDonald's play place imagining his bright future. It feels tacky- I hope there is no reference to Walt around this realized tree.

Coming Soon to Six Flags: Experience Colonel Sander's Dreaming Chicken Wing. He would sit next to it and imagine all of the KFC he hoped to fry in the future.
Now you too have the opportunity to sit next to the dreaming wing. If you dream hard enough, you might even smell fried chicken. Located behind the KFC dumpsters, Only at Six Flags.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Those are cute. I'm glad they are going with the 2017 style for those figures. Good to see Gadget and very clever use of the Chipmunks. Too bad they aren't in Rescue Rangers outfits.

I like they showed Pete's family including Peg, P.J. and Pistol.

iu

Peg is a little too into Goofy. I guess there was a love triangle between Peg, Pete and Goofy when they were in high school. When Goofy moved away, she married Pete.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom