News Reimagined Toontown coming

Inspired Figment

They misspelled Barney if we’re referring to the confusing iteration of Pete portrayed there. Lol! Which moreso makes half of humanity simply question & scratch their heads as to why there’s a need for such a completely one-note, soulless, overly pandering character rather than a well-rounded, all age appealing one. Ya know, like the villainous/sarcastic/ proud bully Pete that actually causes real trouble and havoc for Mickey & his pals. At most, this version is Patrick Star of SpongeBob fame.. which isn’t much of a threat either due to how dim-witted he is.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Some photos tonight!
9D56C2BE-30FA-4E28-AD75-288455B0E77A.jpeg
34729FC4-9E28-442A-B2A6-074042DAEA63.jpeg
18C895DE-C79E-4417-8C79-A8234B567ABF.jpeg
EABB9219-94E8-40B7-9469-35C17DFA0520.jpeg
B2A8E807-758D-4DEA-8FEB-CB50296F9BCF.jpeg
E084ADD5-0619-45D8-B34A-6C3BC4BA37E9.jpeg
716C22D3-0860-4E05-AB8E-C56A4228ECB5.jpeg
8B5E1CD1-D15A-4620-A48D-3388E4693998.jpeg

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Nice photos! It looks like Mickey's Toontown, but with a better paint job and color palette. And with AstroTurf.
Toontown was in really, really poor shape throughout the land before the refurb.

Except for the tree you mentioned, the land looks significantly better than before. It’s a massive win.

The area music is also a great addition!

TP2000

Dream Tree looks like a standard Disneyland tree but with tripping hazard "roots" all around it. These aren't oversized enough and are just the right height for running kids to trip over.

Look at the concept art, the roots are supposed to be taller than people, yet these are one foot tall maybe?

Yeah, that "Dreaming Tree" area is a mess. Even a decade from now when the tree is larger, or has branches that extend further out, the roots will still look stupid.

And the AstroTurf? It looks like a miniature golf course.

That they actually belched out all the saccharine drivel that they did about Walt sitting underneath this tree dreaming of the future is more our fault for buying it, than it is their fault for belching it out at us. If we keep lapping up all their press releases without question, we deserve this kind of crap.

At least this lady found a use for one of the ugly roots. You lean on it and read the paper map because you didn't download the Disney Hulu Mandatory Fun+ App for your day at the theme park!

Guidemap!.jpg

SuddenStorm

Then stay out of the children's play area and stick to the root-free walkways.

I'm just confused what they were trying to accomplish here. If they were gonna have fake tree elements, they should have just designed a play structure to be loosely the shape of a tree.

But instead they decided to put a real tree, with fake roots that aren't at all convincing. Those roots are almost as thick as the tree itself. How are kids supposed to play on them?

SplashJacket

F13FB77C-CA16-4E53-BA9E-F38A85814FAD.jpeg
C00D33A3-0A71-4373-8848-FC7029B55EA6.jpeg
EC308451-AFD8-459C-8429-722F3A3220CF.jpeg

After seeing the land in person, I am 99% sure they’re going to connect Toontown to Star Wars land, or an entirely new land they build up here.

The area is literally just a wide, spacious walkway to a wall (that perfectly lines up with where a Galaxy’s Edge tunnel would go).

Even if they would start construction tomorrow (they aren’t) it would still take them years to complete, so makes perfect sense for them to make a rest area at the moment, but connecting the pathways is definitely in their master plan.

Movielover

Aha! So I’m not nuts, See, you notice what I notice. Truth be told, my theory is the ‘initial’ plan was to transform the ride’s theme strictly to tie-in to the recent CG series aimed at preschoolers of Chip n Dale, hence the strange unnecessary rename also. (We ‘all’ know how that is with WDI now in strictly tieing things into recent IP rather than classic or fully original concepts these days) Another faction of Imagineers , was like, ‘nah, this is supposed to appeal to all ages & be a tribute to ‘all’ toons through the years. So they pushed to keep Rescue Rangers theming & succeeded despite pushback from another faction that was trying to be rid of it all (& truth be told, why shouldn’t they keep the RR theme? Not only are views of the original show probably high on Disney + but they just came out with a movie that did super well on top of that). This is why you have 2 clashing visions mixed together in an odd/inconsistent way… You’d think they’d just put Chip ‘n Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits considering Gadget & Zipper’s appearances. (Oddly missing Monterey Jack too I ought to mention). But yeah, as I said before.. those confusing choices that stick out like a sore thumb (mainly the plans to make things tied into older properties that have longer/larger age appeal into newer ones aimed ‘strictly’ towards preschoolers) in a land that ‘should’ be focused on being a tribute to classic toons (that appeal to all ages as opposed to strictly kids) are thanks to the problematic faction of WDI/Disney corporate that doesn’t have long-lasting/timeless legacy in mind pushing against the faction that actually ‘does’ care and wants it to be as wide appealing & tasteful/thematically consistent as possible. Thanks
tenor.gif

After seeing the land in person, I am 99% sure they’re going to connect Toontown to Star Wars land, or an entirely new land they build up here.

The area is literally just a wide, spacious walkway to a wall (that perfectly lines up with where a Galaxy’s Edge tunnel would go).
I don't know, that would be a pretty long tunnel just to link the 2, plus you would have to account for the backstage road that leads to the theater.

TT tunnel.png

Brer Panther

What was the point of renaming Gadget's Go-Coaster if it was still going to be Rescue Rangers-themed? I mean, I know Chip and Dale are more iconic, but Gadget's name is still in the name of the ride (technically), so...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What was the point of renaming Gadget's Go-Coaster if it was still going to be Rescue Rangers-themed? I mean, I know Chip and Dale are more iconic, but Gadget's name is still in the name of the ride (technically), so...
It was to connect Gadget to C&D.

I never watched the Rescue Rangers animation in my lifetime, and so, I was one of the people who didn't know what a "Go Gadget" was and thought maybe it was connected to Inspector Gadget.

Anchoring "Gadget" with C&D makes it clear which Gadget it is. And putting in a statue of her makes it even more clear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom