News Reimagined Toontown coming

I'm more baffled that neither Huey, Dewey, and Louie have yet to return to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. At least Scrooge and Launchpad has made a few appearances at the American Parks in recent years.

Donald's Nephews are more commonplace at Disneyland Paris and make occasional appearances at Tokyo Disneyland during seasonal events.
83f275e1ed052107f1743eb107d7ab0d.jpg
Having them in their Trick or Treat costumes during halloween should be a no brainer.

Brer Oswald

It was formerly "Gadget's Go Coaster" with Gadget being the possessive noun and the person who built/owns it. Now it is "Chip 'n' Dale's GADGET Coaster" with C&D being the possessive noun meaning it is theirs and GADGET being not the person, but the type of coaster. If anything, C&D stole the coaster away from Gadget and is calling it their own now.

The addition of the statue is just in hopes that people will overlook that she was completely devalued by not being the forefront of the ride, but now second fiddle.
I am doing this right, right? I mean, I don't give 2 poopoos about the name, I just think it's funny that the Disney that put Jessica in a trench coat and made her a detective is the same Disney that took ownership of an attraction away from an intelligent female character....and slightly poking fun at those who take this kind of stuff a little too seriously.
I mean, I get what you’re saying. It’s not consistent with what Disney claims they are doing, but that’s the modern Disney company for you. At the end of the day, brand recognition is the most important thing for them.

The Jessica Rabbit thing might be marketed as “female empowerment”, but you can probably figure that the boomers in management thought the character was too risqué for kids and wanted to cover her up. Every single Disney fan online seems to respond negatively to this change.

J4546

It’s really no wonder Disney charges so much for food when you look at this. I personally just don’t understand the hype.
its just something new. No matter what disney does if its new its gonna draw a line. From a major ride to a simple ride, food to meet n greets....anything new at Disney is a big deal to a lot of people.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
its just something new. No matter what disney does if its new its gonna draw a line. From a major ride to a simple ride, food to meet n greets....anything new at Disney is a big deal to a lot of people.
I would bet a lot of people in that line (not all, but a lot) are influencers/vloggers. They all knew TT was opening today. I came across a vlog on YouTube where pretty much the whole thing was fawning over the picnic basket, not because it is special in any way (it's not a limited edition collector's item) but because it gives them something to talk about on their channel. Shiny new things are what bring in the views and the $$$.

Inspired Figment

Look no further than Chip n Dales GADGET coaster where you have classic/ naked Chip n Dale figures alongside Gadget and the giant fly (I refuse to look it up) figures on the same ride. Baffling choice. I’m convinced there are a few imagineers who read our comments and do things just to watch us scratch our head.
Aha! So I’m not nuts, See, you notice what I notice. Truth be told, my theory is the ‘initial’ plan was to transform the ride’s theme strictly to tie-in to the recent CG series aimed at preschoolers of Chip n Dale, hence the strange unnecessary rename also. (We ‘all’ know how that is with WDI now in strictly tieing things into recent IP rather than classic or fully original concepts these days) Another faction of Imagineers , was like, ‘nah, this is supposed to appeal to all ages & be a tribute to ‘all’ toons through the years. So they pushed to keep Rescue Rangers theming & succeeded despite pushback from another faction that was trying to be rid of it all (& truth be told, why shouldn’t they keep the RR theme? Not only are views of the original show probably high on Disney + but they just came out with a movie that did super well on top of that). This is why you have 2 clashing visions mixed together in an odd/inconsistent way… You’d think they’d just put Chip ‘n Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits considering Gadget & Zipper’s appearances. (Oddly missing Monterey Jack too I ought to mention). But yeah, as I said before.. those confusing choices that stick out like a sore thumb (mainly the plans to make things tied into older properties that have longer/larger age appeal into newer ones aimed ‘strictly’ towards preschoolers) in a land that ‘should’ be focused on being a tribute to classic toons (that appeal to all ages as opposed to strictly kids) are thanks to the problematic faction of WDI/Disney corporate that doesn’t have long-lasting/timeless legacy in mind pushing against the faction that actually ‘does’ care and wants it to be as wide appealing & tasteful/thematically consistent as possible. Thanks

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

I'm more baffled that neither Huey, Dewey, and Louie have yet to return to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. At least Scrooge and Launchpad has made a few appearances at the American Parks in recent years.

Donald's Nephews are more commonplace at Disneyland Paris and make occasional appearances at Tokyo Disneyland during seasonal events.
83f275e1ed052107f1743eb107d7ab0d.jpg
I agree they ought to meet n greet there every so often along with Launchpad & Scrooge (possibly other Disney Afternoon characters to add onto that). Truth be told though, I think who’s more important to be meeting and greeting again should be ‘Roger Rabbit’. He has a ride there for crying out loud.
Also, ultimately, to respond to @Brer Oswald ’s point. The ride was always Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers themed and was popular. On top of it, thanks to Disney Plus, the original show has probably gotten alot more views ‘plus’ we have to add the recent Rescue Rangers movie made into the mix. So there ya have it as to how the theme was thankfully able to be kept intact to the point it was, despite the seemingly initial plans to be rid of it altogether.

Inspired Figment

Found Pete!

Still can’t get over how much that sweetsy portrayal bugs me. He should be coming in there like a big brooding force. That’s the fun of a villain.. Like he’s
barging/marching in there all proudly, somewhat forcefully, “It’s my turn to shine Mouse/Goof! Quit standing in my way, Pete coming through. This is ‘my’ home/town/turf” Type of thing. Even some silly, subtle practical jokes on some guests as he’s passing rather than just waving and being all lovey dovey & hugs would make his character more convincing.” They just don’t get who Pete is… or seemingly a villain for that matter.

choco choco

It's almost funny how bad it looks compared to the concept art. They really needed a tree with a wide canopy for the look to work. Right now it just looks like a soft pad with fallen branches. (Also, I don't know why but I'd always assumed the tree would be fake like the treehouse.)

View attachment 704814

View attachment 704815

Ah, so it is a real tree. That’s a pleasant surprise. Well give it time to grow, it’s canopy should be pretty broad in a couple of years.

Sharon&Susan

I agree they ought to meet n greet there every so often along with Launchpad & Scrooge (possibly other Disney Afternoon characters to add onto that). Truth be told though, I think who’s more important to be meeting and greeting again should be ‘Roger Rabbit’. He has a ride there for crying out loud.
Also, ultimately, to respond to @Brer Oswald ’s point. The ride was always Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers themed and was popular. On top of it, thanks to Disney Plus, the original show has probably gotten alot more views ‘plus’ we have to add the recent Rescue Rangers movie made into the mix. So there ya have it as to how the theme was thankfully able to be kept intact to the point it was, despite the seemingly initial plans to be rid of it altogether.
It wasn't popular because of the IP itself. Disney ignored the RR IP for most of the 90's and 2000's and many people in the general public thought of it just as the Toontown kiddie coaster or even the Inspector Gadget coaster.

For a while even many Disney fans who defended the coaster (because of it being a short off the shelf coaster) said the weakest link was being themed towards "a minor character in a show that hasn't aired for more than a decade" instead of a more "timeless" character.

Now that the Disney has fully embraced the DA nostalgia (that I believe started with Ducktales Remastered), this retheme is a very good compromise for DA fans who love Gadget and don't want to see that theming go and the majority of the GP going to a Disney park that hasn't seen the original RR, the reboot, or that one episode of the new Ducktales who only know vanilla C&D.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Aha! So I’m not nuts, See, you notice what I notice. Truth be told, my theory is the ‘initial’ plan was to transform the ride’s theme strictly to tie-in to the recent CG series aimed at preschoolers of Chip n Dale, hence the strange unnecessary rename also. (We ‘all’ know how that is with WDI now in strictly tieing things into recent IP rather than classic or fully original concepts these days) Another faction of Imagineers , was like, ‘nah, this is supposed to appeal to all ages & be a tribute to ‘all’ toons through the years. So they pushed to keep Rescue Rangers theming & succeeded despite pushback from another faction that was trying to be rid of it all (& truth be told, why shouldn’t they keep the RR theme? Not only are views of the original show probably high on Disney + but they just came out with a movie that did super well on top of that). This is why you have 2 clashing visions mixed together in an odd/inconsistent way… You’d think they’d just put Chip ‘n Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits considering Gadget & Zipper’s appearances. (Oddly missing Monterey Jack too I ought to mention). But yeah, as I said before.. those confusing choices that stick out like a sore thumb (mainly the plans to make things tied into older properties that have longer/larger age appeal into newer ones aimed ‘strictly’ towards preschoolers) in a land that ‘should’ be focused on being a tribute to classic toons (that appeal to all ages as opposed to strictly kids) are thanks to the problematic faction of WDI/Disney corporate that doesn’t have long-lasting/timeless legacy in mind pushing against the faction that actually ‘does’ care and wants it to be as wide appealing & tasteful/thematically consistent as possible. Thanks

Certainly possible. Maybe you re right and they made the Chip n Dale figures before they decided the Rescue Ranger theme should stick around and then they just said screw it? I’m just not even sure I give them as much credit as you. They misspelled words and couldn’t get the dates on all those Disney 100 signs right. Even if what you I say is true it’s one thing to have inconsistencies throughout the land but one like that on the same attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom