Refurb Petition! WHat the ####?!

Krozar

I think WDW should build (2) of everything, that way they can keep one open while the other is being redone.

lol last night I was reading the latest 5th gate thread and thinking that Disney should build an identical MK due to the crowds.

Unplugged

...I think we should all be entitled to an upgrade to the contemporary then!

Contemporary? That's a big downgrade in my opinion. Obviously though, that depends on where you personally are staying. But...the Contemporary?!? :hurl:

Thanks, but I'll let them perform their ride maintenance and use the time I cannot spend on the rides to try something new.

Unplugged

That is a very rude thing to say to someone that is obviously disappointed and looking for a supportive place to vent. Everyone is entitled to be upset and say things that reflect their mood. I guess that people are entitled to make rude comments as well, though.

Point made. However, not everyone will be supportive as not everyone will see the problem as a big deal. I'm going in September and while those attractions are all child safe and great for my little one, I realize maintenance does have to happen sometime impacting someone's vacation. This year, they'll impact mine. So what? No matter when I've gone, something somewhere is down. WDW is open year 'round, what can Disney do? We'll make our vacation the very best it can be and not let a couple attractions, out of 4 theme parks and 2 water parks, set the tone for our trip.

Imaginationeer

Hey there MMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. KKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Post!!!:ROFLOL:

Beauty_Belle

I do feel for anyone who have favorite rides down for many times that one particular ride sets your mood or makes your trip. Trust me, I would be just as upset.

My father always says this when weather is bad or an attraction is not running due to technical issues, "A bad day on vacation beats a day work!" I find that to be very true..... :D Also, this could be your way to convince that stubborn friend, spouse, or parent on why you now MUST go back to WDW. Use it as a bartering tool!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Great Post!!!:ROFLOL:

I agree.....

................AAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY
................AAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY

mdisney

My father always says this when weather is bad or an attraction is not running due to technical issues, "A bad day on vacation beats a day work!"

There was a day once that there was a very bad thunder storm in DAK. Since the the storm three rides were down:
PW
TtS
KRR
Thunder was bad so bad it knocked 2 more rides down:
ITTBAB
Dino.

So only ride running was KS. People were upset, but nothing they could do so should everyone get there money back for that day?

Beauty_Belle

So only ride running was KS. People were upset, but nothing they could do so should everyone get there money back for that day?

I would be upset but there are 3 other parks plus 2 water parks (though I would not go to them during any sort of thunder storm). Still you could have been at work with your boss yelling at you and clients screaming. I'll take a million times around on KS than go to work.

kucarachi

Original Poster
No problem...Mr. Kennedy is actually one of my favorite Wrestlers. Chris Beniot was one of my DH, but you know--(won't go there.)

Just find it interesting as soon as I wrote my comment to kucarachi that he decided to delete his thread. ;)

I dont know if your talking about me? i didnt delete anything, but something i wrote last night was deleted by the staff or just unable to post. But if your calling me yellow...well then you must have seen my tan! dont buy your bronzer at walmart

nibblesandbits

Back in the stone age (before the internet) you would have NO advance notice that an attraction was being refurbished. You would arrive at the park, and see a sign in front of it. Did it ever occur to anyone that there may be a potential safety issue involved? Sort of like when you find out during a routine check that your tires are getting worn. You may not have to replace them immediately, but know that you will have to do it sooner than planned rather than when it's more convenient, or risk an accident.

The plan may have been to wait until HM was finished, but perhaps something has forced a change in the plan.

And I agree, I wasn't particularly happy to arrive and unexpectedly find my favorite rides closed, way back when, but I got over it.
Sure...back then...there was no internet...so there was no way to update people ahead of time. But nowadays, you can't say that they couldn't give an update more than (at this point 2 months in advance) on something that they know is coming. I can see if something needs immediate attention and has to go down at a certain time and granted if this is the case for RNRC, then I do understand. Safety is extremely important and anything safety related should get fixed. But still, get it on the website and let people know about it.

Now I know there are people who won't find out ahead of time, and get down there to be disappointed, but at least the information would be out there for them to see if they look. As of the moment now, there is nothing, only speculation (and good speculation at that from many sources.)

I know I'll be considered one of the whiners...but I booked my trip before all this news came out. Sure HM will reopen for my trip and I'm very excited to get to ride it. I really can't wait to see what they've done to the ride.

But think of it this way...people going in the beginning of Sept were first told that HM would be closed. Yes...it's disappointing. One ride is closed, but hey...it's ok. Next they were told SSE would be closed...getting a little more upset...that's 2 main attractions closed...but again...more or less ok. Now we're being told that a 3rd main attraction may be going down (in a pretty rampid rumor, mind you.) that starts to wear on people. That's 3 E-ticket attractions for 3 different parks that are all going to be down at the same time. You can see how easy it is for people to get a little peeved and upset about that. I know I'm only gonna have 2 attractions closed, and I'm a little upset.

I know...it's disappointing when a favorite ride closes (Buzz Lightyear was down the last time I went and it is one of my favorites...but I did know I was going to get to see it again) but the least that Disney could do is just give a tiny heads up...especially when there's only 2 months until September arrives.

Yes, I'll survive...but it doesn't mean I can't be disappointed that 3 (well, for me, 2) major, E ticket (not 2 major and 1 minor or 1 major and 2 minor) attractions will be closed when September hits.

mbly

It's july 2nd and Disney still hasn't announced a refurb for RnR coaster. I think this rumor was wrong. At least for the month of september. It would have been on their official site by now.

makc

SSE is a MAJOR rehaul, so it's tough to really complain about that one. There's no way it being closed is going to add 10-15 minutes to the lines of all other attractions, though. Ditto the Haunted Mansion. Missing RnR would be a big disappointment. I'm thinking along the lines of the others that believe the rumor for it is just a rumor; they would likely have published its temporary closing by now if that was the case.

JWG

I'm in agreement that RnRc going down for a major Refurb. with little notice seems odd. Major refurbs are planned months in advance and even noted on Disney's website well in advance.

If this is true, someone either donated a crap load of money to Disney with specifics on how to use it (not remotely likely) or Disney found something fairly significant wrong with the ride.

If the latter is true, I'd hope they'd take it down right away.

Laura

Premium Member
I am so glad to have some people to share my anger with. Everybody posts these comments like "it had to happen on someone's vacation" or "there really isn't a down time at Disney anymore". You know what, sit back and say it had to happen on somebody's vacation, but tell me - is it happening on YOUR vacation? Probably not because you wouldn't be sitting back so calmly saying that. I'll be there only during the closures of SSE and HM, but I totally sympathize and feel very sorry for those that will be visiting during the 3 big closures. The poor planning and refurb schedule doesn't change my love for Disney and I won't let it ruin my trip, but it certainly makes me sad to think of the HM and SSE being closed during my trip.:mad:

I would post a comment like that, because rehabs DO happen, and they have to happen SOMETIME. Would you rather they just close all of Disney World for a while so they can do some updates?

Haunted Mansion was closed during my recent vacation and Rock N Rollercoaster was broken. I didn't whine about it and I had a great vacation.

Get over it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Note on September...

They're offering free dining. Did you honestly think Disney was a gracious and giving company that likes to throw away money?

nibblesandbits

Note on September...

They're offering free dining. Did you honestly think Disney was a gracious and giving company that likes to throw away money?
no...

but they're getting those of us going in Sept to actually visit at a time when there wouldn't be a lot of people there. So they are still getting money, maybe not as much, since they had to essentially bribe people, but money still has to be being made, otherwise they wouldn't continually offer free dining each year. They'd find a new way to get people in.

(although truthfully, I was planning my trip for Sept. whether free dining was offered or not.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom