News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

ToTBellHop

To the enthusiast like you and I, I agree, it's a flop. To the average guest, are they going to file a complaint or stop going due to this? Likely not. I have to agree with @MansionButler84, we need a wake for Old EPCoT. It's never going to be the same.
I’ve been coping for years. It is time to move on or move out, honestly. At least the Guardians coaster will be fun. At this point, I’d take that over the train wreck Future World has been for years.

TikibirdLand

The average guest doesn't think about "theme of the majority of this park," and besides, 2021 EPCOT has no theme beyond "more timeless, more relevant, more family and more Disney."

All complaints regarding this show will be limited to superfans. Average guests will absolutely love it and won't think twice about the monstrosities sitting in the lagoon all day, the poor fit of using Disney animation IP in EPCOT, or the similarities between this show and HEA.
Why does that always remind me of Six Flags, "More Flags, More Fun, More Six Flags"?

EvilChameleon

Marni isn't infallible. I just don't see them bringing back a clearly weaker show in EPCOT Forever before busting this bad boy out. Especially since all the infrastructure for this show is already in place. Or, waiting months and months to debut this show, for that matter.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Marni isn't infallible. I just don't see them bringing back a clearly weaker show in EPCOT Forever before busting this bad boy out. Especially since all the infrastructure for this show is already in place. Or, waiting months and months to debut this show, for that matter.
I think you'll find Martin is very well informed and unless something changes at the last minute, is always accurate.

ToTBellHop

A couple things:

1) they don’t want fireworks jam-packed at first. A brand new show would be jam-packed. I’m sure they’d rather wait until capacity is much higher
2) parks are already running out of park passes. What would the financial benefit be for a new show? Best to push it later to drive demand. Bringing fireworks back this summer is meant to spread guests out throughout the day, bring back a guest favorite, and was originally envisaged to help them develop crowd control strategies for the 50th, which was initially expected to still have social distancing. That’s no longer the case but the firework calendar was set and they’ll stick with it.

TTA94

A couple things:

1) they don’t want fireworks jam-packed at first. A brand new show would be jam-packed. I’m sure they’d rather wait until capacity is much higher
2) parks are already running out of park passes. What would the financial benefit be for a new show? Best to push it later to drive demand. Bringing fireworks back this summer is meant to spread guests out throughout the day, bring back a guest favorite, and was originally envisaged to help them develop crowd control strategies for the 50th, which was initially expected to still have social distancing. That’s no longer the case but the firework calendar was set and they’ll stick with it.

Agreed. I think Harmonious debuting on Oct 1st would be ideal for them to spread out guests, especially those who can’t get into MK. I’d be shocked if that isn’t the official debut date.

jrhwdw

Just my opinion but DPB should host a live broadcast and announce EF, HEA and give us a update on Harmonious with a “behind the scenes” look. No events coming up though I don’t think. Im sure the news will probably come at a unexpected time and or day in the form of a simple blog post lol.
I get your point but DPB never goes live unless it's a event. There’s no events coming. FOTLK is done with DPB. The only event may be Celeberate America but that's a Miracle!

havoc315

In this video you can see the lighting more clearly.

The rumors just don't match up with what we are seeing. Not saying the rumors are false.

But to run a "full" test of Harmonious makes little sense to me if it's not debuting for 4 more months. To perfect it, have it ready to go... and then mothball it for 4 months, just seems like a waste of resources. They would then have to do lots of re-testing a few months from now.

My best guess: We see a "soft" Harmonious premiere soon, maybe not all elements every night. They might just call it "Epcot Forever" or something else.

Squishy

The rumors just don't match up with what we are seeing. Not saying the rumors are false.

But to run a "full" test of Harmonious makes little sense to me if it's not debuting for 4 more months. To perfect it, have it ready to go... and then mothball it for 4 months, just seems like a waste of resources. They would then have to do lots of re-testing a few months from now.

My best guess: We see a "soft" Harmonious premiere soon, maybe not all elements every night. They might just call it "Epcot Forever" or something else.
I mean it happened to the Rat ride, very well might just be the same case with this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You know some random vlog is going to use it as “a credible rumor”. 🤦‍♂️
Ha. Let em go for it.

As things stand, nope.

PS it’s not ready to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom