News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
The average guest doesn't think about "theme of the majority of this park," and besides, 2021 EPCOT has no theme beyond "more timeless, more relevant, more family and more Disney."

All complaints regarding this show will be limited to superfans. Average guests will absolutely love it and won't think twice about the monstrosities sitting in the lagoon all day, the poor fit of using Disney animation IP in EPCOT, or the similarities between this show and HEA.
But Instagramineer Zach the magnificent wore that retro EPCOT Center t-shirt.

ToTBellHop

The average joe doesn’t really know much. They loved IllumiNations. They loved 25B. 25 should have been a lesson to management. They loved RoE.

The Bobs decided this was the route to go.
Sure, but if the people most interested in visiting WDW make under $75k/year as reported, they need to appeal to average Joes. I’m not saying it makes me happy; just that I see how the Bobs arrived there. People get dumber by the year. Thank goodness they got rid of Wonders of Life since science (and medicine in particular) is now political and angers people. PLAY is much safer.

TTA94

I can guarantee - many will love it, and I am sure many will dislike it due to IP.

That’s a forgone conclusion and I can already fully imagine the discussion on here.

It’s not the Disney songs that worry me personally as much as it how it’s done and especially if it’s a mishmash with no flow and or story. If there’s a narrator and a original theme song in there, like HEA, then maybe it won’t be to bad. Another issue some might have, though I personally wouldn’t mind it, is a few upbeat sections of the show or theme song. Seeing all the lighting go crazy to a upbeat dance ish song could be fun lol.

jrhwdw

Couldn't tell from Steve's Video but did any of the Countries light up? Or are we not to that testing yet? It would nice if the Countries light up to their music. Throw back to 1988 IllumiNations!

Didn't see any Fountains either

Surferboy567

Couldn't tell from Steve's Video but did any of the Countries light up? Or are not to that testing yet? It would nice if the Countries light up to their music. Throw back to 1988 IllumiNations!
Judging by the really similar effect with the fireworks as the ending part of Illuminations, I wouldn’t be surprised if the countries lit up as part of the show.

I also wouldn’t count out the possibility of a call out to IllumiNations in the actual show. The Epcot Experience shows “We Go On” this is all just speculation of course.

MaximumEd

Well lets put it into this perspective then…
Look at what Universal was stuck on doing for a while… an over reliance on cheap, screen based simulators, all simply with different characters, settings and themes, that people rightfully complained about for feeling way too similar to one another and not being worth the price of admission.
They’ve now since tried to do more ambitious, more elaborate attractions featuring audio-animatronics and unique ride systems, which has ultimately paid off in the end.

Basically what we learn from that is… people want unique experiences that are different from one another within the parks. Not ones that nearly all feel identical or exactly the same /too similar to one another.
If people want more characters and even some film IP character themed experiences within the park.. fine. But that shouldn’t come at the expense of the true spirit & unique, real world concepts presented within the park. They should also feel different enough to fit within their specific parks. It’s been done properly before… with ‘the original’ Journey Into Imagination, Circle of Life in The Land, I can go on..
Again, and I’m not saying your thoughts on this are wrong, you’re putting your thoughts on the average WDW guest. 99.9% of the 12 million people that visit Epcot next year (or whatever the exact number is) won’t feel that way. The other .1%, including you and me, are already in this thread talking about why Harm screws up WSL.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
In more important news…ladder spotted :cautious:

70F0A98F-0C65-416D-9552-5CEDC1A08E3C.jpeg

TTA94

I'm sorry but thats more important than what Steve put up overnight??? Too bad it's not Media from DPB so we can get a really good look at Harm and some Good News?!?!?

Just my opinion but DPB should host a live broadcast and announce EF, HEA and give us a update on Harmonious with a “behind the scenes” look. No events coming up though I don’t think. Im sure the news will probably come at a unexpected time and or day in the form of a simple blog post lol.

TikibirdLand

I wouldn’t be so sure about that in all honesty…. Particularly considering how it looks the majority of the day in the lagoon. Not to mention, if the songs & the overall message/plot & content of this thing isn’t unique enough from the other shows around property… I don’t expect it to be ‘that’ popular.
It’s one thing to be technically impressive… but if every other aspect of the show fails… then it’s a flop.
To the enthusiast like you and I, I agree, it's a flop. To the average guest, are they going to file a complaint or stop going due to this? Likely not. I have to agree with @MansionButler84, we need a wake for Old EPCoT. It's never going to be the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom