News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Giss Neric

Yes I am sure they are DMX, mine run DMX as well. Had to build my own waterproof enclosure for all the snow we get here in Michigan. Between the nightly shows and all the summer rain in Florida, those things better be able to work underwater.

I posted over in chit-chat about an upcoming project I am doing (for fun, and free). The movers are great for adding effects to a song, especially an emotional or uplifting section. I also use them at times to "be" a character on a stage themselves moving them specific patterns and such. It is a bit of a pain in my software, but the looks on families faces as their kids dance and sing in my yard is priceless. Mine reach from the 2nd story peak of my house out into my yard. I'd be calling down aliens if I had those, lol...
RIP DMX. You will be missed.

Giss Neric

What does anything that SD is doing have to do with anything WDW is doing? Comparing apples to oranges.
He has a point. SD theme song was written by Tom Fletcher so in some way we can grasp what our upcoming shows will be like from the shows overseas cause it's mostly like a collaboration and not entirely just SD who is creating it.

jrhwdw

Wow! Even nature can not generate enough of a water screen to hide the barges.
IDK, the only thing really visible is the Stargate. You can barely, if at all make out the Tacos. It took nothing to block out SSE. which is bigger than all of Harm. Is that because it's further away?

I'm NOT asking this to start a complaint flood but: Will Epcot turn off Harm's Fountains in driving rain/Severe Weather? I don't see a problem with rain and no wind.

Unplugged

IIRC, insiders have said when the show was designed the plan was to bring out the barges each evening, like the Globe was in ROE. That plan was changed but things were already well underway.

So as hideous as the barges are, this isn’t the fault of the show designers. The decision was taken higher up that they would be left out on the lagoon 24/7.
Thanks for the insight. I'm still not a fan of the massive barges nor the LED arrays. I feel like they are simply rolling out the A/V Club TVs for our class to watch a movie. At least when it's projected on water, while the image is less pristine, it creates certain effects that can be used within the show and illusions of being more special. This is like a floating sports bar with 8 (2 per barge) massive displays. Using a "World of Color" type platform, IMHO, creates a more versatile delivery system and increases the feeling of "magic" as the show just happens out of thin "water".

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
permanently docked would assume the are lowered to the show position

until then they are testing.
They do not go any lower, they are not submarines, and they are floating.

You will notice there is a ton of equipment, which includes pumps, air conditioning handlers - all things which cannot go underwater.

HarmonioUS_Full_41612.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_41615.jpg

Sir_Cliff

They do not go any lower, they are not submarines, and they are floating.

You will notice there is a ton of equipment, which includes pumps, air conditioning handlers - all things which cannot go underwater.

HarmonioUS_Full_41612.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_41615.jpg
I know this has already been said many times, but it never fails to strike me when I see photos of the Harmonious barges how far Disney has fallen to see that this is now deemed acceptable.

brihow

I know this has already been said many times, but it never fails to strike me when I see photos of the Harmonious barges how far Disney has fallen to see that this is now deemed acceptable.
Until we decide to stop going and spend our money elsewhere, there is no reason for them to do any better. We (on this board at least) are all part of the problem.

owlsandcoffee

Until we decide to stop going and spend our money elsewhere, there is no reason for them to do any better. We (on this board at least) are all part of the problem.
If 300 people from a forum stop going to Disney that won't make a single difference. When Disney raises their prices, even more people go. I don't think anything would stop people from going to Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom