• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I still miss 20,000 Leagues at the MK. But what we have there now is pretty nice don’t you think?
It is pretty. Unlike the lagoon. Even if the show is amazing (which technically I expect it to be) that won’t make up for the shocking mistake made for daylight hours. WDI (and more so those who approved this) should be ashamed.

If people here can come up with examples how the mess could have been mitigated or avoided, so could those who are paid to. If your NDA pertains to this project you’ll probably know it’s not just guests who have this opinion.

Or if all else failed widen the canal and pay for a new bridge. Go the extra mile to achieve what’s needed. That would be the Disney we fell in love with.

Last edited:

Coffeeroasters

It is pretty. Unlike the lagoon. Even if the show is amazing (which technically I expect it to be) that won’t make up for the shocking mistake made for daylight hours. WDI (and more so those who approved this) should be ashamed.

If people here can come up with examples how the mess could have been mitigated or avoided, so could those who are paid to. If your NDA pertains to this project you’ll probably know it’s not just guests who have this opinion.

Or if all else failed widen the canal and pay for a new bridge. Go the extra mile to achieve what’s needed. That would be the Disney we fell in love with.
You are correct in 2nd paragraph.

Outside of the NDA side........I would have thought they would have put in a temporary walkway bypassing the current bridge to make a bigger opening. But those things are HUGE.....and I can imagine what Parks would say if that bridge stayed up for longer that it did before.

One of the things in my mind would have been to put in 5 HUGE pits in the Lagoon (I don't know the geology under the lagoon so grain of salt here), yeah that construction would have been ugly but a ton of scrim walls could have been used. Imagine Infinity pools that the 4 Tacos and Stargate could drop in. The cost would be $$$$$$ to do that.

But, still hopeful on what it will look like during the day after they quit testing one orifice at a time.....🙄

GimpYancIent

Outside of the NDA side........I would have thought they would have put in a temporary walkway bypassing the current bridge to make a bigger opening. But those things are HUGE.....and I can imagine what Parks would say if that bridge stayed up for longer that it did before.

One of the things in my mind would have been to put in 5 HUGE pits in the Lagoon (I don't know the geology under the lagoon so grain of salt here), yeah that construction would have been ugly but a ton of scrim walls could have been used. Imagine Infinity pools that the 4 Tacos and Stargate could drop in. The cost would be $$$$$$ to do that.

But, still hopeful on what it will look like during the day after they quit testing one orifice at a time.....🙄
Think of it. The vibrations from the operating barges could cause the muck a the bottom of the lagoon to liquify and suck the barges down into the depths. That would be quite the dramatic end to all of this.

pdude81

The Voltron approach for tacos would be cool, but water tends to find a way to destroy everything over time.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member

I started to get concerned a while back when I learnt the barges weren’t self propelled. Then it kind of went down hill.

Yes, they are huge. If only they’d have taken an inflatable leaf out of TDS’ book and developed the concept from there.

In the Parks
Yes
These are likely running via DMX. Light control boards have enough capability now for each to have their own channel. I expect that Broadway shows have this many along with rock concerts. Would love to know the models they're using. I do agree the one impressive part of these is they've got to be more waterproof than the average mover; they're gonna be sprayed with water almost constantly.
I believe they are custom made, by VariLite, but I haven't a guess about which line of theirs they are based on.

sedati

I was lucky enough to experience Skyleidoscope on this lagoon.
I was also lucky enough to not experience this:

But it existed for a reason as does Harmonious now. Look at the year. The Living Seas was brand new. Epcot Center was only five years old.

mnelson3

Of course we don’t know what songs will be used in Harm, but one would assume it would be Disney’s songs that represent each country. If that isn’t the case and they go way off track lol, I wouldn’t be against them bringing over the “Try Everything” segment from Shanghai’s new show. And for those that haven’t seen it No it’s not sung by Shakira lol. It’s a not as upbeat choir version of the song leading into the finale. For a IP filled show it was quite well done IMO. And before Martin or anyone comments on that lol, I will, “Well done for a “Castle Show” 🤣.
I do hate to compare a Epcot nighttime show to a castle park show, but we certainly haven’t been made to think anything different. That being said, it’s a very common thing now a days for parts of nighttime shows around the world to be reused in other shows.

durangojim

I think I’ve figure out how to fix the barge monstrosities. Since their high def screens have cameras show what’s on the other side and use the technology in the Mandalorian to change the perspective for what people see. Imagineers get on it! Lol

GimpYancIent

Of course we don’t know what songs will be used in Harm, but one would assume it would be Disney’s songs that represent each country. If that isn’t the case and they go way off track lol, I wouldn’t be against them bringing over the “Try Everything” segment from Shanghai’s new show. And for those that haven’t seen it No it’s not sung by Shakira lol. It’s a not as upbeat choir version of the song leading into the finale. For a IP filled show it was quite well done IMO. And before Martin or anyone comments on that lol, I will, “Well done for a “Castle Show” 🤣.
I do hate to compare a Epcot nighttime show to a castle park show, but we certainly haven’t been made to think anything different. That being said, it’s a very common thing now a days for parts of nighttime shows around the world to be reused in other shows.
What does anything that SD is doing have to do with anything WDW is doing? Comparing apples to oranges.

mnelson3

I’ve heard a few music samples, and most of the show’s soundtrack is something that I wouldn’t consider Pop-ish or Broadway-ish. In fact, the sound bites I heard made me question if the How Far I’ll Go/Go the Distance mashup that was used at D23 and EE is the actual finale.

Also, I’ve been told to expect at least a little bit of original score.

Not at all saying it likely won't be the finale, just that it doesn't match what I had heard. However, I didn't see the Youtube clip above with the intro music that proceeds the music used in the Epcot Experience, which matches a lot better. At best, if not the finale, I could see that bit acting as the "fake out finale" like HEA has with Go the Distance.

What I have heard is that the music will largely be Disney songs (intro, finale, and transitions may be original music) sung in a variety of languages with arrangements that match the story's cultural origin. Think back to how Jungle Book: Alive with Magic mixed traditional Bollywood Music with the songs of the Jungle Book. Now also add some different languages for the vocalists with a variety of different stories and you have Harmonious.

Also, I do have reason to believe that this show won't be a *total* mashup, and may have some semblance of a framing device.

Was just looking back and found these posts again. Makes me very nervous what we will be hearing lol, mostly the language thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom