News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

sedati

I was lucky enough to experience Skyleidoscope on this lagoon.
I was also lucky enough to not experience this:

But it existed for a reason as does Harmonious now. Look at the year. The Living Seas was brand new. Epcot Center was only five years old.

TTA94

Of course we don’t know what songs will be used in Harm, but one would assume it would be Disney’s songs that represent each country. If that isn’t the case and they go way off track lol, I wouldn’t be against them bringing over the “Try Everything” segment from Shanghai’s new show. And for those that haven’t seen it No it’s not sung by Shakira lol. It’s a not as upbeat choir version of the song leading into the finale. For a IP filled show it was quite well done IMO. And before Martin or anyone comments on that lol, I will, “Well done for a “Castle Show” 🤣.
I do hate to compare a Epcot nighttime show to a castle park show, but we certainly haven’t been made to think anything different. That being said, it’s a very common thing now a days for parts of nighttime shows around the world to be reused in other shows.

durangojim

I think I’ve figure out how to fix the barge monstrosities. Since their high def screens have cameras show what’s on the other side and use the technology in the Mandalorian to change the perspective for what people see. Imagineers get on it! Lol

GimpYancIent

Of course we don’t know what songs will be used in Harm, but one would assume it would be Disney’s songs that represent each country. If that isn’t the case and they go way off track lol, I wouldn’t be against them bringing over the “Try Everything” segment from Shanghai’s new show. And for those that haven’t seen it No it’s not sung by Shakira lol. It’s a not as upbeat choir version of the song leading into the finale. For a IP filled show it was quite well done IMO. And before Martin or anyone comments on that lol, I will, “Well done for a “Castle Show” 🤣.
I do hate to compare a Epcot nighttime show to a castle park show, but we certainly haven’t been made to think anything different. That being said, it’s a very common thing now a days for parts of nighttime shows around the world to be reused in other shows.
What does anything that SD is doing have to do with anything WDW is doing? Comparing apples to oranges.

TTA94

I’ve heard a few music samples, and most of the show’s soundtrack is something that I wouldn’t consider Pop-ish or Broadway-ish. In fact, the sound bites I heard made me question if the How Far I’ll Go/Go the Distance mashup that was used at D23 and EE is the actual finale.

Also, I’ve been told to expect at least a little bit of original score.

Not at all saying it likely won't be the finale, just that it doesn't match what I had heard. However, I didn't see the Youtube clip above with the intro music that proceeds the music used in the Epcot Experience, which matches a lot better. At best, if not the finale, I could see that bit acting as the "fake out finale" like HEA has with Go the Distance.

What I have heard is that the music will largely be Disney songs (intro, finale, and transitions may be original music) sung in a variety of languages with arrangements that match the story's cultural origin. Think back to how Jungle Book: Alive with Magic mixed traditional Bollywood Music with the songs of the Jungle Book. Now also add some different languages for the vocalists with a variety of different stories and you have Harmonious.

Also, I do have reason to believe that this show won't be a *total* mashup, and may have some semblance of a framing device.

Was just looking back and found these posts again. Makes me very nervous what we will be hearing lol, mostly the language thing.

RSoxNo1

This is a particularly hardware dense angle.

HarmonioUS_Full_41567.jpg
Remember when we were upset that waterfront restaurants in Mexico and Morocco were ruining the visuals of World Showcase? Those were the days.

hosekiller

Now that we have all barges out, I wonder if anyone on the ground could give an update on what areas what things (specifically the center screen) are visible from
All over.

I’m more of a weekend hobbyist when it comes to Disney, and I typically fall middle of the road when it comes to my opinions on changes. But this is pretty rough even for someone like me. I didn’t take pictures, but I walked World Showcase from one end to the other, and they’re always there. You can’t get away from them.

Chomama

Eh, well I’d say if it was to replace Harm and become permanent then yeah more than just a few tweaks lol. Off the top of my head replace the children narrators with Figment and or Dreamfinder, make some of the segments longer (in particular the ToN segment) and yeah, replace the ending lol.
The children voices were so creepy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom