News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

More referring to the sheer number of them, and their use out in the open. I think this this is going to be an incredible light show, regardless of all the other issues.

Not sure if you have checked out Shanghai’s new show but they have a ton of lighting and lasers! I hope the lighting in Harmonious looks like that! Wouldn’t mind their new light post RGB lighting as well used around WS. But I don’t think anything outside of the lagoon is planned.

MichRX7

Premium Member
More referring to the sheer number of them, and their use out in the open. I think this this is going to be an incredible light show, regardless of all the other issues.

The thing I found most impressive is the tilt on the spots. I run a Christmas light show at my house, and have 4 small moving heads with a tilt of 240 degrees, and a pan of 540 degrees. If sitting flat on the ground mine would tilt about 30 degrees below the horizon (straight forward) up and over to the same on the other side. Those looked like they could go over 360 degrees and are massive (of course, I don't have quite the budget that Disney does). And the synchronization on them is fantastic.

TikibirdLand

The thing I found most impressive is the tilt on the spots. I run a Christmas light show at my house, and have 4 small moving heads with a tilt of 240 degrees, and a pan of 540 degrees. If sitting flat on the ground mine would tilt about 30 degrees below the horizon (straight forward) up and over to the same on the other side. Those looked like they could go over 360 degrees and are massive (of course, I don't have quite the budget that Disney does). And the synchronization on them is fantastic.
These are likely running via DMX. Light control boards have enough capability now for each to have their own channel. I expect that Broadway shows have this many along with rock concerts. Would love to know the models they're using. I do agree the one impressive part of these is they've got to be more waterproof than the average mover; they're gonna be sprayed with water almost constantly.

MichRX7

Premium Member
These are likely running via DMX. Light control boards have enough capability now for each to have their own channel. I expect that Broadway shows have this many along with rock concerts. Would love to know the models they're using. I do agree the one impressive part of these is they've got to be more waterproof than the average mover; they're gonna be sprayed with water almost constantly.

Yes I am sure they are DMX, mine run DMX as well. Had to build my own waterproof enclosure for all the snow we get here in Michigan. Between the nightly shows and all the summer rain in Florida, those things better be able to work underwater.

I posted over in chit-chat about an upcoming project I am doing (for fun, and free). The movers are great for adding effects to a song, especially an emotional or uplifting section. I also use them at times to "be" a character on a stage themselves moving them specific patterns and such. It is a bit of a pain in my software, but the looks on families faces as their kids dance and sing in my yard is priceless. Mine reach from the 2nd story peak of my house out into my yard. I'd be calling down aliens if I had those, lol...

pdude81

Yes I am sure they are DMX, mine run DMX as well. Had to build my own waterproof enclosure for all the snow we get here in Michigan. Between the nightly shows and all the summer rain in Florida, those things better be able to work underwater.

I posted over in chit-chat about an upcoming project I am doing (for fun, and free). The movers are great for adding effects to a song, especially an emotional or uplifting section. I also use them at times to "be" a character on a stage themselves moving them specific patterns and such. It is a bit of a pain in my software, but the looks on families faces as their kids dance and sing in my yard is priceless. Mine reach from the 2nd story peak of my house out into my yard. I'd be calling down aliens if I had those, lol...
Ya'll gon make me go all out, up in here.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
Yeah that happens when your wife of 23 years drops dead in front of you and your then 10 year old son. Raising kids becomes more important that posting in a Disney World Forum.

Cheers
giphy.gif

I’m sorry for your loss. But don’t try and guilt trip me.

I stand by my comment aside from the gap in posts.
Thank you Marin, but maybe think outside the box before responding you never know what has happened.

I get the dislike of what is going on in the lagoon, but there is no way to hide a project this big. Unfortunately there are NDA’s in my life, I will leave that so I don’t get in trouble. Just wait to pass judgement on the project.

I have alway been an optimist in life looking forward to the future, even when death is involved. It is exciting to see the changes coming!

I still miss 20,000 Leagues at the MK. But what we have there now is pretty nice don’t you think?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I still miss 20,000 Leagues at the MK. But what we have there now is pretty nice don’t you think?
It is pretty. Unlike the lagoon. Even if the show is amazing (which technically I expect it to be) that won’t make up for the shocking mistake made for daylight hours. WDI (and more so those who approved this) should be ashamed.

If people here can come up with examples how the mess could have been mitigated or avoided, so could those who are paid to. If your NDA pertains to this project you’ll probably know it’s not just guests who have this opinion.

Or if all else failed widen the canal and pay for a new bridge. Go the extra mile to achieve what’s needed. That would be the Disney we fell in love with.

Last edited:
It is pretty. Unlike the lagoon. Even if the show is amazing (which technically I expect it to be) that won’t make up for the shocking mistake made for daylight hours. WDI (and more so those who approved this) should be ashamed.

If people here can come up with examples how the mess could have been mitigated or avoided, so could those who are paid to. If your NDA pertains to this project you’ll probably know it’s not just guests who have this opinion.

Or if all else failed widen the canal and pay for a new bridge. Go the extra mile to achieve what’s needed. That would be the Disney we fell in love with.
You are correct in 2nd paragraph.

Outside of the NDA side........I would have thought they would have put in a temporary walkway bypassing the current bridge to make a bigger opening. But those things are HUGE.....and I can imagine what Parks would say if that bridge stayed up for longer that it did before.

One of the things in my mind would have been to put in 5 HUGE pits in the Lagoon (I don't know the geology under the lagoon so grain of salt here), yeah that construction would have been ugly but a ton of scrim walls could have been used. Imagine Infinity pools that the 4 Tacos and Stargate could drop in. The cost would be $$$$$$ to do that.

But, still hopeful on what it will look like during the day after they quit testing one orifice at a time.....🙄

GimpYancIent

Outside of the NDA side........I would have thought they would have put in a temporary walkway bypassing the current bridge to make a bigger opening. But those things are HUGE.....and I can imagine what Parks would say if that bridge stayed up for longer that it did before.

One of the things in my mind would have been to put in 5 HUGE pits in the Lagoon (I don't know the geology under the lagoon so grain of salt here), yeah that construction would have been ugly but a ton of scrim walls could have been used. Imagine Infinity pools that the 4 Tacos and Stargate could drop in. The cost would be $$$$$$ to do that.

But, still hopeful on what it will look like during the day after they quit testing one orifice at a time.....🙄
Think of it. The vibrations from the operating barges could cause the muck a the bottom of the lagoon to liquify and suck the barges down into the depths. That would be quite the dramatic end to all of this.

pdude81

The Voltron approach for tacos would be cool, but water tends to find a way to destroy everything over time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I started to get concerned a while back when I learnt the barges weren’t self propelled. Then it kind of went down hill.

Yes, they are huge. If only they’d have taken an inflatable leaf out of TDS’ book and developed the concept from there.

In the Parks
Yes
I believe they are custom made, by VariLite, but I haven't a guess about which line of theirs they are based on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom