News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Creathir

Also, another point of clarification: this show was not designed with the coffee table or any event locations in mind. Actually, meetings and events is pretty PO-ed with the development of this show because one of their largest viewing spaces (the Int'l Gateway Island) is being given on "obscured view".
So the mistake on the lake even has internal detractors...

What a mess...

trainplane3

Also, another point of clarification: this show was not designed with the coffee table or any event locations in mind. Actually, meetings and events is pretty PO-ed with the development of this show because one of their largest viewing spaces (the Int'l Gateway Island) is being given on "obscured view".
What's the point of this show then? It sounds like mistakes and issues through and through. I'd be more understanding if it was to upsell spots and dining but if that's a failure...

GimpYancIent

What's the point of this show then? It sounds like mistakes and issues through and through. I'd be more understanding if it was to upsell spots and dining but if that's a failure...
A corporate decision to change something, do something different etc. there does not need to be a point. All I know is this show needs to be spectacular to counter all the negatives.

danv3

Well lets just take a look...

View attachment 543019

I tried to break it down by circles.
Red will clearly be Dinner Packages/Fastpass/Reserved/Pay-Per-View areas.
Blue seems to be the best areas that will be first come first serve, still trees in these areas might obscure some stuff.
Orange might still give you a partial view of the Stargate's screen but will be covered by trees/structures/Water Tacos.
Yellow will still give you a good view but the Japanese Archway will be front and center in the middle of the Stargate.
Green will be generally a bad view/incomplete since you will not be able to see the Stargate screen.
Pink are the 3 waterfront restaurants and the Illuminations dessert party/fastpass viewing area. These now seem to be bad/generally poor viewing areas as none of them face the Stargate's screen and half of them look right into the exposed side of a Water Taco.

Overall it seems that the prime viewing angles of the arguably largest nighttime show viewing area has been reduced down to less than 40% of the entire lagoon.
My go to spot for Illuminations (bridge by UK) now appears to be garbage. :cry:

TTA94

Had they done the original spinning circles/compass centerpiece there wouldn’t be viewing location issues. Curious why they didn’t do that. And it would have added another moving element to the show.

TTA94

Could this potentially result in changes being forced to happen?

If so the only thing I think they could/would change is the center barge (Stargate). Either changing it or cutting it completely. That would also help, slightly, with the daytime views and the off center issue. No idea if the three center barges are now permanently joined together or if they could be separated, but if they could be separated maybe keep the two center arm barges and just replace the middle Stargate barge?

Just a guess but maybe instead of Harmonious facing another delay, in order to make changes to the center barge, maybe the show could still go on without the center barge?

vikescaper

If so the only thing I think they could/would change is the center barge (Stargate). Either changing it or cutting it completely. That would also help, slightly, with the daytime views and the off center issue. No idea if the three center barges are now permanently joined together or if they could be separated, but if they could be separated maybe keep the two center arm barges and just replace the middle Stargate barge?

Just a guess but maybe instead of Harmonious facing another delay, in order to make changes to the center barge, maybe the show could still go on without the center barge?
What they need to do is build two more Stargates and put them on both sides of the current stargate.....

Brenthodge

Ha ha. That’s funny!

TTA94

Ha ha. That’s funny!

Crazy I know but if they were to change anything, which yeah is probably unlikely at this point, the stargate seems like the most doable, maybe, since it’s on its own barge. Unless they permanently connected the 3 center barges together by wiring, pipes, etc which is very possible.
They sure as heck are not going to do anything with the tacos. I’m sure the stargate costed a pretty penny but not as much as the tacos and the arms.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I also wanna see how clear the water screens would be in the startgate as compared to the taco barges where it's literally screens. The water screens in Rivers of Light was poor but the ones in World of Color was really clear.

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

I'm pretty sure if a large garden in Pennsylvania can run their fountains all day Disney shouldn't have a problem doing so.

Disney also talked big about all of the interactive characters in Galaxy's Edge and how you'd be walking around interacting with them all day. They lasted a few days during the ceremonies.

The idea here is cost vs benefit.

You can't show on a spreadsheet where the cost of paying those actors resulted in a benefit at the ticket booth. In fact, you could almost prove the opposite as people lined up to get into Galaxy's Edge anyway even with the absence of actors. If the public is going to pay anyway why incur the cost?

This is just the current management's way of running the business. Everything is about counting beans. If you can't sell it, then don't offer it.

Some people run their business on experience such as: "You can a good experience, right? We'll see you again, next time, and make more money off of you and those you tell about your experience."

The Bob's are much more straight forward. They just see it as an even trade: "You bought WDW that day and got WDW that day."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom