News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

I just had a thought... maybe it’s alreasy been mentioned but was this show INTENTIONALLY designed to be seen best from certain areas to drive demand for fireworks dessert parties and dinner packages?

That and position a certain way so that everyone around WS can see at least one of the screens. Minus the Stargate. That one makes no sense at all.

wutisgood

Pumping all of that water is expensive. There's power costs and maintenance costs. Imagine having to pump enough water to hide a McDonalds... Then multiply that by 5. That's expensive. The "daytime fountains" won't be around for long. Also note how well they keep up with the current fountains. If something stops working, it doesn't affect receipts so no need to fix it.
I'm pretty sure if a large garden in Pennsylvania can run their fountains all day Disney shouldn't have a problem doing so.

trainplane3

I'm pretty sure if a large garden in Pennsylvania can run their fountains all day Disney shouldn't have a problem doing so.
It's not that it's "we can turn it off because no one will miss it and save money". And if people do complain they could easily label it as "refurbishment" and just have it never return.

Is it cheap to disney? Yes. Will they find ways to cut costs down the road? Almost definitely.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Is it even worth it to stop by Guest Relations to drop a complaint about this?
If you do, they'll give you a complimentary set of "Harmonious Black-out Glasses" that will magically make the barges and the Stargate invisible to you.

1616889051164.png

Movielover

I just had a thought... maybe it’s alreasy been mentioned but was this show INTENTIONALLY designed to be seen best from certain areas to drive demand for fireworks dessert parties and dinner packages?
Well lets just take a look...

Harm View.jpg

I tried to break it down by circles.
Red will clearly be Dinner Packages/Fastpass/Reserved/Pay-Per-View areas.
Blue seems to be the best areas that will be first come first serve, still trees in these areas might obscure some stuff.
Orange might still give you a partial view of the Stargate's screen but will be covered by trees/structures/Water Tacos.
Yellow will still give you a good view but the Japanese Archway will be front and center in the middle of the Stargate.
Green will be generally a bad view/incomplete since you will not be able to see the Stargate screen.
Pink are the 3 waterfront restaurants and the Illuminations dessert party/fastpass viewing area. These now seem to be bad/generally poor viewing areas as none of them face the Stargate's screen and half of them look right into the exposed side of a Water Taco.

Overall it seems that the prime viewing angles of the arguably largest nighttime show viewing area has been reduced down to less than 40% of the entire lagoon.

Touchdown

View attachment 543019

Blue seems to be the best areas that will be first come first serve, still trees in these areas might obscure some stuff.
Orange might still give you a partial view of the Stargate's screen but will be covered by trees/structures/Water Tacos.
Yellow will still give you a good view but the Japanese Archway will be front and center in the middle of the Stargate.
Green will be generally a bad view/incomplete since you will not be able to see the Stargate screen.
Pink are the 3 waterfront restaurants and the Illuminations dessert party/fastpass viewing area. These now seem to be bad/generally poor viewing areas as none of them face the Stargate's screen and half of them look right into the exposed side of a Water Taco.

Overall it seems that the prime viewing angles of the arguably largest nighttime show viewing area has been reduced down to less than 40% of the entire lagoon.
I believe the arms next to the stargates will be used to create a screen perpendicular to the stargate (at least I hope they do) making Norway to China and GB and Canada green sections acceptable.

Creathir

View attachment 543019

Remember, the exposed side of the water taco is also a screen, so the pink areas are not necessarily a bad view, just not the full star gate view one would have direct on.

Movielover

I believe the arms next to the stargates will be used to create a screen perpendicular to the stargate (at least I hope they do) making Norway to China and GB and Canada green sections acceptable.
Is there any evidence of this? It looks like the arms would hit the Stargate if they tried that, and at that point why even bother with making the Stargate a 2 sided waterscreen when they could have done something more akin to the globe. No I think they just designed this to be viewed from the front/back.

Remember, the exposed side of the water taco is also a screen, so the pink areas are not necessarily a bad view, just not the full star gate view one would have direct on.
Yes which is why I said bad/incomplete show. Even if you can see one of the tacos unobstructed you are still missing out on the centerpiece, thus creating a incomplete show. Compare this to others like Fantasmic, no matter where you sit you will still be able to see the full show. This would be like if Fantasmic was the same, except they only used the center waterscreen. Half your audience would be missing a integral part of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom