News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Touchdown

Am I reading too much into the 9pm close Sunday at Epcot? With all those new barges on the lagoon, could we have an unannounced show? It’s weird the park is open more Sunday then Saturday

I know wishful thinking

TTA94

I would think sometime in the coming weeks or months they will do a short filmed testing segment of the show, to show off at the next 50th announcement... whenever that is.

UNCgolf

What was there about the FoN that a new fountain doesn't have except the originating waters from around the world?

It'll just depend on what exactly they build and what the show is. The Fountain of Nations (at least at one point) had a pretty incredible synchronized water show that was an attraction in its own right. I'm not sure the new fountain is going to have anything at that level.

With that said, we won't know until it's actually built and running. While I am definitely not a fan of EPCOT's new direction, the replacement fountain is a wait and see kind of thing. Hard to criticize it right now without knowledge of what it will look like and do.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It'll just depend on what exactly they build and what the show is. The Fountain of Nations (at least at one point) had a pretty incredible synchronized water show that was an attraction in its own right. I'm not sure the new fountain is going to have anything at that level.

With that said, we won't know until it's actually built and running. While I am definitely not a fan of EPCOT's new direction, the replacement fountain is a wait and see kind of thing. Hard to criticize it right now without knowledge of what it will look like and do.
Disney's PR says it will be a show synced to music... which is exactly what FoN was. At least you're willing to see it in person to make a final judgement.

I'm just wondering what @mightynine knows that they are so sure it won't be the same that I was "thanked for trying," implying I was putting out false information for some nefarious reason.

TTA94

What was there about the FoN that a new fountain doesn't have except the originating waters from around the world?

And the new fountain will, I’m sure, have more vibrant lighting and, maybe moving fountain heads? Mini WoC? lol or is that supposed to be Harmonious? 🤔 lol. But yeah the new fountain should still be nice.

UNCgolf

Disney's PR says it will be a show synced to music... which is exactly what FoN was. At least you're willing to see it in person to make a final judgement.

I'm just wondering what @mightynine knows that they are so sure it won't be the same that I was "thanked for trying," implying I was putting out false information for some nefarious reason.

Right -- but there can be wildly different levels of a show synced to music. The Fountain of Nations one was incredibly impressive at one point; there's no guarantee this new fountain will have anything comparable. I realize I'm being pessimistic, but it's hard for me to have much optimism following many of Disney's recent moves at WDW and especially what they're doing at EPCOT.

Regardless, like I said, it's premature to criticize it at this point. Pessimism is fine, but it's not like we have artist renderings of the fountain and a full description/simulation of the show. I could be pleasantly surprised.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They actually took water from the FoN to put in the new fountain.

It'll be interesting to see if they move forward with that, since it was pre-covid. It would need to be stored well since water evaporates.

If true... it’s a hollow move, at least in my eyes. “Look at us! We’re recreating a moment from the FoN dedication! We get it!” Here’s a thought - Don’t rip out the original fountain, just give it the TLC/refurb it desperately needed a decade (or more) ago.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
What? There's a sealed bottle of FoN somewhere that they'll be pouring into the new fountain? That's the first I've heard of that. Where did you hear that?
It's true.
I also found an on-line photo of Valiquette, Riddley and two Epcot CM's holding two special pitchers containing FoN's water, in late 2019.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's true.
I also found an on-line photo of Valiquette, Riddley and two Epcot CM's holding two special pitchers containing FoN's water, in late 2019.
Thanks for the link!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Am I reading too much into the 9pm close Sunday at Epcot? With all those new barges on the lagoon, could we have an unannounced show? It’s weird the park is open more Sunday then Saturday

I know wishful thinking
Nope.
A lot will depend on the music type and style. Is it Epcot, or is it Magic Kingdom?

mightynine

Relax, I'm not implying anything. I'm being grumpily pessimistic of whatever the new fountain will be, that's all.

montyz81

I tend to agree. I’ve been thinking that. Not that it excuses it. It makes it almost worse in that they KNEW this would look horrible and continued down that design path.
Are those things going to sink? They look like they will drop to just below the screens. At least that will hopefully bring back some of the views of FW, albeit with a BBB on the right side of most of your photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom