News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

Are we sure they do not sink? The doors at that level look rather sealed, like a bulkhead door you would see on a naval ship.
There's a vent on the sides, most likely for cooling various equipment inside. And the concrete platforms they're attached to are solid.
HarmonioUS_Full_40798.jpg

TTA94

Still think these were originally intended to not be out during the day period. Then something happened that changed that. I don’t believe for one second that the daytime fountain was in the original plans. I thought that since I first saw the concept art, that looked thrown together.

Notes from Neverland

Still think these were originally intended to not be out during the day period. Then something happened that changed that. I don’t believe for one second that the daytime fountain was in the original plans. I thought that since I first saw the concept art, that looked thrown together.
Pretty sure it was confirmed they were planned to be moved each day until operations balked at how long the bridge would need to be up each day. Fountains were a Plan B.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I believe that’s also shown in the Epcot Experience. Been hopeing it doesn’t get cut. Has it been mentioned anywhere when we might actually see it debut?
No. Little is known of the timetable for the Hub since COVID caused so many changes.

WRT the Story Fountain:

World Celebration
  • World Celebration will offer new experiences that connect guests to one another and the world around them.
  • The EPCOT entrance plaza is transforming, welcoming guests with new pathways and sweeping green spaces that beautify the entryway. Bridging the past, present and future of EPCOT will be a new fountain at the base of Spaceship Earth featuring three majestic new pylons.
  • As guests pass Spaceship Earth, they will discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue honoring the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, plus beautiful natural environments and global design elements filled with Disney magic and surprises, including a story fountain celebrating the power and music of iconic Disney storytelling.
  • Surrounding this enchanted garden will be new retail and dining locations, along with a newly reimagined festival area that will be home to ever-changing events in a unique new environment.

aladdin2007

That much is known. Trying to hide them behind fountains is part of the problem (and a joke)

Agree,,,, try to imagine just for a moment :)..... what we could have had in this park for the astronomical amounts of money they spent on all this mess (not to mention the spine destruction) all of it totally unnecessary..it could have gone towards a worth while Imagination among many other things...they are really lost and foolishly blowing money.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Pretty sure it was confirmed they were planned to be moved each day until operations balked at how long the bridge would need to be up each day. Fountains were a Plan B.
Worst case scenario apparently was prolonged bridge opening in bad weather. Not all the time.

The amount of ups with this project beggars belief.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really think they should put some kind of artwork on it rather than the current (horribly painted) nothing-to-see-here black. A SSE triangle motif, a retro-ish blue and silver color block pattern, flags of World Showcase... it could only improve the look at this point.

And since they're sitting in the middle of a guest area, they're going to need repainting at regular intervals, artwork or no artwork. Might as well put something visually attractive on them.
I’d be (even more) shocked if the bunkers were left looking like this.

I’m off to finish my Reflections of China re-edit in disgust.

techgeek

From some of the art work they showed a while back I don't think we will be seeing the barges after installation and testing are complete. It is my understanding that all of the big barges are in reality fountains during the day. They will transform at night for the show. So in the next few weeks we should see that.

I think what really irks me is that it appears - to me - they thought draping the Stargate with water during the day would be an adequate replacement for the Fountain of Nations.

To state the obvious, water isn't exactly opaque. At least, not unless there's a lot of it or it's lit in a controlled way.

The volume of water that would have to be in play to completely obscure these flat black barges from all 4 sides during the day would be pretty staggering. We haven't seen it in action yet, but I have my doubts it will be able to 'hide' anything. Make it look intentional and visually interesting? Maybe... But I gotta believe you're still going to perceive the bulk of the barges and Stargate structure underneath the spray, unless there's some Niagara Falls level cascade planned that we're not seeing evidence of as of yet.

The show fountain in EPCOT's hub (aka Fountain of Nations) is being replaced by a show fountain in EPCOT's hub.

Has there been any sort of confirmation that either the barge fountains or the new hub feature will incorporate any sort of 'show' element, with synchronized audio, or will they just be static displays during the day?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Has there been any sort of confirmation that either the barge fountains or the new hub feature will incorporate any sort of 'show' element, with synchronized audio, or will they just be static displays during the day?
See the part in red from just a few posts up. ;)

No. Little is known of the timetable for the Hub since COVID caused so many changes.

WRT the Story Fountain:

World Celebration
  • World Celebration will offer new experiences that connect guests to one another and the world around them.
  • The EPCOT entrance plaza is transforming, welcoming guests with new pathways and sweeping green spaces that beautify the entryway. Bridging the past, present and future of EPCOT will be a new fountain at the base of Spaceship Earth featuring three majestic new pylons.
  • As guests pass Spaceship Earth, they will discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue honoring the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, plus beautiful natural environments and global design elements filled with Disney magic and surprises, including a story fountain celebrating the power and music of iconic Disney storytelling.
  • Surrounding this enchanted garden will be new retail and dining locations, along with a newly reimagined festival area that will be home to ever-changing events in a unique new environment.

The last an insider has said of the barges' fountains is that there is no 'fountain show.'

But who knows, that could change.

techgeek

See the part in red from just a few posts up. ;)

The last an insider has said of the barges' fountains is that there is no 'fountain show.'

But who knows, that could change.

Is "story fountain" Disney-speak for - "it's going to have a recurring show" or "It's a fountain that tells a story through awesome design and commanding presence"? lol...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Is "story fountain" Disney-speak for - "it's going to have a recurring show" or "It's a fountain that tells a story through awesome design and commanding presence"? lol...
It'll just be pretty lights and founts synced to Disney movie songs. I'm assuming its branding as "story-telling" is because the big golf ball behind it is slated to get a story-telling thematic refresh.... someday.

trainplane3

Worst case scenario apparently was prolonged bridge opening in bad weather. Not all the time.

The amount of **** ups with this project beggars belief.
It's like everyone at WDI is competing to make a name for themselves at any cost imaginable. It's obvious they don't care what they're doing since they just want the biggest, shiniest thing attached to their name.

They should've proposed a full bridge replacement to widen the gap during EF's run. But I'm sure it wasn't shiny enough for anyone at WDI to care about it. At least they got the entrance right.

MaryJaneP

I really think they should put some kind of artwork on it rather than the current (horribly painted) nothing-to-see-here black. A SSE triangle motif, a retro-ish blue and silver color block pattern, flags of World Showcase... it could only improve the look at this point.

And since they're sitting in the middle of a guest area, they're going to need repainting at regular intervals, artwork or no artwork. Might as well put something visually attractive on them.
Maybe some camo scrims or such.

TTA94

To state the obvious, water isn't exactly opaque. At least, not unless there's a lot of it or it's lit in a controlled way.

The volume of water that would have to be in play to completely obscure these flat black barges from all 4 sides during the day would be pretty staggering. We haven't seen it in action yet, but I have my doubts it will be able to 'hide' anything. Make it look intentional and visually interesting? Maybe... But I gotta believe you're still going to perceive the bulk of the barges and Stargate structure underneath the spray, unless there's some Niagara Falls level cascade planned that we're not seeing evidence of as of yet.

😂 Yeah it’s gonna take Niagara Falls level of cascade to cover those things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom