News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

DKampy

Epcot will always have a nighttime show… no matter what they will keep Harmonius until they have another show ready to go… it is more important even then a Magic Kingdom night spectacular…need those ever important dinner dollars

Thelazer

They can. But this show had a rocky road to this point. Alarm bells are now ringing over this and a few other things.

Now if this is an attempt to justify the creation of the show, justify changing it or an honest check to see how bad things actually are time will tell. But this is one item of several that the higher ups are wanting answers about.

So it's JII / JIYI / JIYIFigment / X2... level bad then if the are doing that survey.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
So... this was the view of the crowd levels tonight during Harmonious. Also pictured is the central barge, in which one side's arms are nor raising or moving. This show is currently, and always has been a disaster.
20220209_210847.jpg
20220209_210827.jpg

aladdin2007

Epcot will always have a nighttime show… no matter what they will keep Harmonius until they have another show ready to go… it is more important even then a Magic Kingdom night spectacular…need those ever important dinner dollars

And I think its hurting them now since this show took over, which I bet the third party participants can't be too happy. Not only from the ill conceived show, but the park reservation requirement as well. To add to the problem the loss of closed dining locations too.

180º

I expected Harmonious to be bad, but I never expected it to be unpopular. I’ll be interested to see if these anecdotal reports reflect in the survey that went out, or more importantly, merch and food sales! Then there may really be a case for re-working it.

alphac2005

It's an interesting phenomenon, but Disney may exporting their perceived margin issue somewhere else. Problem with that is that the cash tickets will follow when Epic Universe opens.
I agree. Epic Universe (along with the additional entertainment district and hotels) really has the chance to be pivot point for many to Universal from Disney. Non-locals might not know that Universal will be building a significant residential community for their team members as well, which will further entrench the resort within the community. Between the skyrocketing costs paired with declining quality, locals that aren’t theme park hardcore types know this is happening from friends and neighbors alone that work in the industry.

Epcot82Guy

I will be interested when Disney Imagineering starts moving here. I do think the on the ground messaging/sentiment here in Orlando is different than what may be translated to California. Disneyland has always had some benefit of being "down the road" vs. "across the country". That's all very much speculation and possibility - not probability - but it could be interesting to see any effect.

Den Carter

Watched Harmonious twice this week. First time I thought it was pretty bad, second I thought it was brilliant. It's sadly all about viewing spot. I think if you're not face-on to the Stargate you're not going to like this show. The other issue with the first viewing was that I was apparently in an audio dead zone, with no speakers close enough to carry the soundtrack. Agree with others that crowd levels for the show are low compared to I:RoF, despite the park feeling incredibly busy

Chip Chipperson

Watched Harmonious twice this week. First time I thought it was pretty bad, second I thought it was brilliant. It's sadly all about viewing spot. I think if you're not face-on to the Stargate you're not going to like this show. The other issue with the first viewing was that I was apparently in an audio dead zone, with no speakers close enough to carry the soundtrack. Agree with others that crowd levels for the show are low compared to I:RoF, despite the park feeling incredibly busy

The fact that you need to be in a specific spot to enjoy the show should have been their first clue that this was a bad idea. Coupled with the fact that the show ruined the daytime view across the water because the barges can't be moved out of the way, there should have been alarms and flashing red lights going off long before they ever started building any of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom