News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

disneyflush

lol nope that was me and I have no problem with that. I was watching one of those "old" videos from Martin. I was actually hoping it wasn't a real attraction and I couldn't figure out if they were filming the ride or a prototype of some sort.

Hey I have no problem admitting that I did not go to the world back then and nothing I saw is making me miss the "old" days.
Bang your head all you want, still no shame in my game. I'm glad it's gone.

I wish I had the ability to not know WDW back then as well when going now. I envy the uninformed bliss of your WDW convictions.

Buried20KLeague

10 straight pages of the same old carp.

“Disney is supposed to be fun. Dur. I had fun on the frozen ride. So therefore it’s properly placed, I like cupcakes. Dur” so on and so forth.

This forum used to be great. People who appreciated what Disney strove to be. People who loved what WDW was meant to be. People who wanted to be inspired, educated, whisked away to a magical place....

Now, replaced by folks who treat Disney as an alternative to Six Flags. Or compare WDW to Cedar Fair. It’s just a different type of fan. And really, it’s not very fun to discuss WDW with someone who’s comparing Big Thunder to Batman the ride.

Back to my hole I go.

Bingo. This is exactly why I hardly post here anymore. And I've posted here for like 14 years.

It also doesn't help that it's centered around a vacation destination that continues to bleed customers, demand insane levels of planning, and homoginizing it's offerings... All while cost-cutting, corner trimming, and diluting the guest experience in order to prop up quarterly stock price increases with smoke and mirrors.

PEOPLE... Get your Disney Parks fix if you must. Just realize you don't have to do it in the swamps of Florida. WDW isn't the best Disney resort on the planet. I don't even think it's top three. Open your eyes. See what else is out there.

AJDMB05

Did you even see the good footage of Imageworks from the latest video? Or this moment from D23 where Dreamfinder and Figment showed up?

Are you even familiar with Dreamfinder at all!?
latest

Far be it from me to say, I'm not around here much anymore, but I feel like you're being trolled a bit with the whole "oh is that a real ride?" thing. Even if not, you're definitely not changing this person's mind. There's no bigger defender of the golden age of EPCOT than me, and I feel like you either get it or you don't/weren't there.

Missing20K

Bingo. This is exactly why I hardly post here anymore. And I've posted here for like 14 years.

It also doesn't help that it's centered around a vacation destination that continues to bleed customers, demand insane levels of planning, and homoginizing it's offerings... All while cost-cutting, corner trimming, and diluting the guest experience in order to prop up quarterly stock price increases with smoke and mirrors.

PEOPLE... Get your Disney Parks fix if you must. Just realize you don't have to do it in the swamps of Florida. WDW isn't the best Disney resort on the planet. I don't even think it's top three. Open your eyes. See what else is out there.

Similar reason I took a very long (nearly a decade) break as well.

I'm seriously considering going to DLR for my daughter's first Disney experience. My wife and I enjoyed it immensely. Would go out of the country but feels like a lot with a <3 year old and in-laws.

TwilightZone

Did you experience the version that was nearly Figment free? That was a complete train wreck. It's scary to say that what we have today isn't that bad when you compare it to that version.
Personally, I think the figment free version is better than the current version, here's why
1. Figment's new annoying personality hasn't been implemented yet, so he's still same old figment in the one scene he is in
2. Every scene is filled, in the current attraction there is a lot of empty spaces looking at nothing or doors
3. Did I mention not annoying
4. The star hall is better than any scene in the current imagination. Closest that any of the modern imagination rides came to being imaginative.

trainplane3

Personally, I think the figment free version is better than the current version, here's why
1. Figment's new annoying personality hasn't been implemented yet, so he's still same old figment in the one scene he is in
2. Every scene is filled, in the current attraction there is a lot of empty spaces looking at nothing or doors
3. Did I mention not annoying
4. The star hall is better than any scene in the current imagination. Closest that any of the modern imagination rides came to being imaginative.
My couple feelings on it:
- His new personality is total crap, not going to disagree with that.
- No, that version was just as empty with lots of empty places to look at. Even when there were things to look at, they were boring. WOW A LED WALL WITH ROCKET NOISES. OH LOOK A CINDERBLOCK GOING THROUGH A TABLE.
- It lacked a story and felt like WDI tried to make a fun house but without the fun and a completely pointless jump scare.
- The star hall was pretty neat and I do like the upside down house scene
- It's still a glorified, lazy, poorly put together fun house but with (crap CGI but good AA) Figment shoved in.
- At least the new one doesn't tease you with Figment at the end only to say "get off the ride" instead.

I'll still rank the current as better then V2 just because of the song variations thanks to the Sherman Bros.
Little me was in a odd state of angry and offended when I rode it. It was the first time I felt Disney just didn't care.
I'd like to smack the person that okayed V2. Just one smack and that's it.:hilarious: Then again, that person was probably Eisner...

TwilightZone

My couple feelings on it:
- His new personality is total crap, not going to disagree with that.
- No, that version was just as empty with lots of empty places to look at. Even when there were things to look at, they were boring. WOW A LED WALL WITH ROCKET NOISES. OH LOOK A CINDERBLOCK GOING THROUGH A TABLE.
- It lacked a story and felt like WDI tried to make a fun house but without the fun and a completely pointless jump scare.
- The star hall was pretty neat and I do like the upside down house scene
- It's still a glorified, lazy, poorly put together fun house but with (crap CGI but good AA) Figment shoved in.
- At least the new one doesn't tease you with Figment at the end only to say "get off the ride" instead.

I'll still rank the current as better then V2 just because of the song variations thanks to the Sherman Bros.
Little me was in a odd state of angry and offended when I rode it. It was the first time I felt Disney just didn't care.
I'd like to smack the person that okayed V2. Just one smack and that's it.:hilarious: Then again, that person was probably Eisner...
I thought he had some thing against Figment? Then again, anyone with half a brain would've left that attraction in some form of angry, confused, or sad. Heck, I remember the CMs working that ride looking depressed when we were getting off.
I feel like, on paper, the idea for the ride was a good one. A ride that messes up with people's heads sounds amazing. It just either wasn't done right or the idea sounding good on paper did not mean it worked in reality.

spock8113

Next, they'll do a Temple of Doom on me and rip out my flaming heart!
Love and seen it plenty-o-times but time, change and rust never sleeps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom