News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

eliza61nyc

Remember, she didn't even realize the original JII was a real attraction. :banghead:

lol nope that was me and I have no problem with that. I was watching one of those "old" videos from Martin. I was actually hoping it wasn't a real attraction and I couldn't figure out if they were filming the ride or a prototype of some sort.

Hey I have no problem admitting that I did not go to the world back then and nothing I saw is making me miss the "old" days.
Bang your head all you want, still no shame in my game. I'm glad it's gone.

MickeyMinnieMom

I remember riding the original Figment attraction on my first trip to WDW. It wasn't a life-changing demonstration of imagineering mastery IMO, but I thought it was cute. Fast forward years and I'm back with my 15mo son -- without knowing ahead that it had been changed -- and I realized just how much worse than the original it could get. At this point, I'd rather roll the dice and see how they'd change it today. I don't know that it could get worse... again...

trainplane3

I remember riding the original Figment attraction on my first trip to WDW. It wasn't a life-changing demonstration of imagineering mastery IMO, but I thought it was cute. Fast forward years and I'm back with my 15mo son -- without knowing ahead that it had been changed -- and I realized just how much worse than the original it could get. At this point, I'd rather roll the dice and see how they'd change it today. I don't know that it could get worse... again...
Did you experience the version that was nearly Figment free? That was a complete train wreck. It's scary to say that what we have today isn't that bad when you compare it to that version.

MickeyMinnieMom

Did you experience the version that was nearly Figment free? That was a complete train wreck. It's scary to say that what we have today isn't that bad when you compare it to that version.
No -- I missed that one entirely, though I did read about it. Sounds like a train wreck. :-/ So maybe they could make it worse again?!? I'd hope not...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Does anyone working on this new "show" understand or even care about how big of shoes they've got to fill with the destruction of IllumiNations? Are they just throwing crap in a crock pot and hoping something good comes out or are they actually taking the time to create something invigorating? (I think I know the answer)
I just hope they get the soundtrack right...

trainplane3

No -- I missed that one entirely, though I did read about it. Sounds like a train wreck. :-/ So maybe they could make it worse again?!? I'd hope not...
Lucky. I got to experience the disappointment first hand. Jump to 12:45 to experience the wreck. And of course I linked to Martins video, he has the source audio for this one so you hear the train wreck better too!

I'll still say, I enjoyed the soundtrack even if it wasn't anything compared to the original.

MickeyMinnieMom

Lucky. I got to experience the disappointment first hand. Jump to 12:45 to experience the wreck. And of course I linked to Martins video, he has the source audio for this one so you hear the train wreck better too!

I'll still say, I enjoyed the soundtrack even if it wasn't anything compared to the original.

Holy. Cow. This feels like a punishment. And is it my imagination (*cough*) or does the ride begin with an insult to guests riding about their lack of imagination??

It is surprising that this was ever realized... at least they reversed out of it... but not enough. Thanks for sharing -- now I truly can appreciate the horribleness! ;)

wdw_lisa61

I haven’t read the entire thread so I apologize if this has been asked and answered...any idea when Illuminations might be replaced? It’s been a couple of years since I’ve seen it and would like to see it before it’s gone.

Last edited:

THE Monorail Lime

I think HEA is one of the greatest things Disney has done at WDW in the last decade. But I do not think the replacement for IllumiNations will be a worthy one. We know it will IP and, to me, that already makes it a failure. It doesn't matter how groundbreaking the tech side of the show will be, the fact the creators are putting characters in it makes it an unworthy follow-up. But alas
Drones? Fountains? Projection mapping?

nickys

Premium Member
All useless in my eyes with the inclusion of Disney characters

You just said HEA I’d the best thing they’ve done for ages. It is full of IPs, no?

Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Illuminations WotW (or whatever the final name is) needs IPs to make it great, but you seem to be suggesting the inclusion of IPs automatically makes it bad.

nickys

Premium Member
You misunderstood a previous point I made, or I likely didn't make it very well. HEA is at Magic Kingdom, a place where the nighttime spectacular should include IP. I'm not anti-IP inclusion if it is done in the correct spot, if I was I would hate Fantasmic! and Jingle Bell Jingle BAM for example. I just don't think World Showcase Lagoon is where they belong.

Ah, OK. Fair enough. I think I read your post in isolation from your previous comments.

I agree, in that I don’t want to see IPs in the show either. But if they could do something visually stunning which also uses the WS pavilions on which “their own” IPs were projected, it could work.

The issue there is viewing from around WS if you then have projections behind where people are standing. So it needs to be very cleverly designed. I’m concerned about the timeframe here, I really hope things are underway, because something like this takes time to pull together.

brb1006

lol nope that was me and I have no problem with that. I was watching one of those "old" videos from Martin. I was actually hoping it wasn't a real attraction and I couldn't figure out if they were filming the ride or a prototype of some sort.

Hey I have no problem admitting that I did not go to the world back then and nothing I saw is making me miss the "old" days.
Bang your head all you want, still no shame in my game. I'm glad it's gone.
Did you even see the good footage of Imageworks from the latest video? Or this moment from D23 where Dreamfinder and Figment showed up?

Are you even familiar with Dreamfinder at all!?
latest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom