News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

MuteSuperstar

The consumer doesn't need to be aware of why something is failing to click... they just know it doesn't work. So you won't find the masses critiquing why.

Well again, my contention is that most of the masses at this point don't care. Meet n greets, selfies, long waits and short attractions are what they want/expect. I truly believe that the average person prefers a 4-5 min attraction to a 15-20 min one. Even in the 5 minute ones I bet most of them are going through withdrawal symptoms for their precious phones IF they are courteous enough to even put them away that long (a big if).

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

It's also redundant. People posting their opinion online shouldn't have to type "IMO" after every opinion. It's self explanatory...

...in my opinion. ;)
The request to add an 'in your opinion' disclaimer is only ever asked of statements the requestor disagrees with.

The request is therefore made not for want of understanding the nature of another's statement, but is an expression of disagreement.

A disagreement expressed not with posing a differing opinion in turn, but as a wish to deny the other his position, to diminish the extend and value of the other's position.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's also redundant. People posting their opinion online shouldn't have to type "IMO" after every opinion. It's self explanatory...

...in my opinion. ;)

Not when someone Is supposedly providing a reference or cite to prove a position. Debate doesn't use it frequently because in debate you don’t use opinions to support a POV- you use cites and logic to support a position or opinion. Opinion is the end.... not the supporting pieces. You don’t close with IMO because if you’ve done your job, everyone agrees with your statement now.

In forums, half the people can’t even separate fact from opinion.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Not when someone Is supposedly providing a reference or cite to prove a position. Debate doesn't use it frequently because in debate you don’t use opinions to support a POV- you use cites and logic to support a position or opinion. Opinion is the end.... not the supporting pieces. You don’t close with IMO because if you’ve done your job, everyone agrees with your statement now.

In forums, half the people can’t even separate fact from opinion
That must be fact as you didn't say IMO

In my opinion of course ;)

MuteSuperstar

I see that a lot in discussions of music/movies etc.....people will state an opinion about a movie and someone will chime in with "well, it's all subjective". Uhhh, yeah, we know.

nickys

Premium Member
The request to add an 'in your opinion' disclaimer is only ever asked of statements the requestor disagrees with.

The request is therefore made not for want of understanding the nature of another's statement, but is an expression of disagreement.

A disagreement expressed not with posing a differing opinion in turn, but as a wish to deny the other his position, to diminish the extend and value of the other's position.

Nicely put.

MickeyMinnieMom

Who knew this would be opening a can of worms! :joyfull:
All of the declarative statements about what does or doesn’t fit... like there’s only one answer and we should stay frozen in time, regardless of a changing landscape. I don’t get it.

“I think...”, “IMO”... “as I see it...” — all underused phrases on boards...

It's commonly used because people are afraid to take actual positions on things. I think or IMO softens the statement... in my opinion of course.
When I talk, I fail to see the difference.
I’m not sure you’re giving the other posters enough credit. Just because someone doesn’t use one of those qualifiers doesn’t mean they think what they’re saying is objective fact. “I think” and “In my opinion” are polite, yes, but redundant, as they change nothing about the argument. In organized debate and writing, using these phrases is considered bad form. I don’t have anything against using them informally, but let’s please not act like it’s a logical fallacy not to. It kills the discussion.

...in my opinion. ;)

In forums, half the people can’t even separate fact from opinion.
That must be fact as you didn't say IMO

In my opinion of course ;)
Not sure if that is an opinion or a fact? ;)
Nicely put.

Tacky3663

I recently watched a video of the original final night of Paint The Night at Disneyland, where people followed the parade all the way from the front of the park to wherever it went backstage at the end. Singing and dancing all the way. I also remember when people sang the song from Wishes when that ended. It would be amazing if they did it for "We Go On" as well. I would love to be there for it (and if a definite end date comes early enough, I'm gonna try) and would sing along to "Promise" too (altho I'm divorced now, Promise was my wedding song, so I'll always remember it)
They’d better, I myself am going to try and make it back to Disney World one more time before this show ends, Bad news is, I live in Chicago, However, this show I have worshipped since I was 7, I am now 17, going on 18 in December and about to graduate High School in May. The fact this show has lasted longer than I was born, says that this show was truly special in the hearts of Disney fans, So the crowd coming together to sing it one final time before it goes off into the history books would be tear jerking for me, and I don’t cry often so that would say something

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom