News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

RSoxNo1

All of the declarative statements about what does or doesn’t fit... like there’s only one answer and we should stay frozen in time, regardless of a changing landscape. I don’t get it.

“I think...”, “IMO”... “as I see it...” — all underused phrases on boards...
It's commonly used because people are afraid to take actual positions on things. I think or IMO softens the statement... in my opinion of course.

The Empress Lilly

lol, I always get the picture in my mind of a bunch of old men with white hair, no teeth, sitting in rockin chairs in front of the old folks home every day saying....."well in my day Disney use too"
No, no. Most of us decrying the end of Illuminations, from just the people in this thread that I somewhat am familiar with, are abut a generation below you, from four different continents and many more countries, and more self-identifying gender diverse than a NY City pride parade.

180º

All of the declarative statements about what does or doesn’t fit... like there’s only one answer and we should stay frozen in time, regardless of a changing landscape. I don’t get it.

“I think...”, “IMO”... “as I see it...” — all underused phrases on boards...
I’m not sure you’re giving the other posters enough credit. Just because someone doesn’t use one of those qualifiers doesn’t mean they think what they’re saying is objective fact. “I think” and “In my opinion” are polite, yes, but redundant, as they change nothing about the argument. In organized debate and writing, using these phrases is considered bad form. I don’t have anything against using them informally, but let’s please not act like it’s a logical fallacy not to. It kills the discussion.

On the topic of RoE, this will be the last major piece of the Millennium Celebration to go (not counting LaL). Whether its successor has the same postmodern bent to it, or has any kind of strong thematic bent to it at all, will have a great effect on the park. Lowercase-Epcot had so much potential. It was probably the most sober and relevant the park has been in its lifetime, even moreso than at opening, when the Modern Age was already starting to die out. And then we got Nemo, and then we got Frozen, and here we are.

VJ

Disney, if you're reading this, please please consider reusing part or all of the brilliant score of Reflections of Earth for the Fountain of Nations show(s). I think that would be a most fitting tribute and a way to keep the music fresh for future generations. Anyone want to start a petition?
Yes, because petitions are sooo effective. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney, if you're reading this, please please consider reusing part or all of the brilliant score of Reflections of Earth for the Fountain of Nations show(s). I think that would be a most fitting tribute and a way to keep the music fresh for future generations. Anyone want to start a petition?
They’d need a working fountain first. It’s condition is currently atrocious.

trainplane3

Seriously, what's up with FoN? I was there in December last year and it was very noticeable how much "oomph" it's lacking. Music got loud, and that was it. FoN did it's thing but it was disappointing. Some people even looked confused as to what was going on.

Father Robinson

At this point though, Martin I'd consider it a huge relief to know that dazzling or not, the fountain would be putting on a ROE show stop. Just to still be able to walk through EPCOT and hear the music with or without effects would be wonderful and a big amazing gift for those of us who will forever miss the show.

eliza61nyc

If we had a penalty box... you'd be in it
lol, dude and you think this would put me in it? oh you silly being... I've admitted from day one I don't understand the obsession with the "old" epcot or magic kingdom but again I also don't understand the obsession people have with going back to antebellum times either.

eliza61nyc

The "old" Epcot was iconic. The present Epcot is depressing. I irrationally hate that i was born in 1992 and therefore missed the era when Epcot was revered as a piece of art and inspiration. The Epcot I've grown up with is one of disorientation and degradation. The fact Disney is electing to create a new show showcasing the most relevant intellectual property, shows how little they care about the original mission and vision of the park. It's sad people like that are even allowed to work for the company. It's even sadder there are "fans" who ate complacent with this degradation.

want-some-cheese-with-that-whine.jpg

For the love of Jose Cuervo, Yes, the original Epcot is dead, it's gone, it's not coming back. Very few remember it, very few care about it.
Yes it may have been "Iconic" but one mans "iconic" is another man's cheesy. You hate that you were born in 1992, get help. You are absolutely right they don't care about the original mission, the average visitor doesn't give a crap about the original "mission".
And those complacent "fans" are skipping happily through the park while you whine ad naseum about some thing that is not going to change so you can let go of that particular sadness.

No one is going back.
The Jackson five are not getting back together.
Fleetwood Mac is not going to be what they once were.
very few are going back to typewriters
Very few are going back to landlines
Very few are going back to large department stores that had quality items (I actually loved those and grew up on them).

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
View attachment 315658

For the love of Jose Cuervo, Yes, the original Epcot is dead, it's gone, it's not coming back. Very few remember it, very few care about it.
Yes it may have been "Iconic" but one mans "iconic" is another man's cheesy. You hate that you were born in 1992, get help. You are absolutely right they don't care about the original mission, the average visitor doesn't give a crap about the original "mission".
And those complacent "fans" are skipping happily through the park while you whine ad naseum about some thing that is not going to change so you can let go of that particular sadness.

No one is going back.
The Jackson five are not getting back together.
Fleetwood Mac is not going to be what they once were.
very few are going back to typewriters
Very few are going back to landlines
Very few are going back to large department stores that had quality items (I actually loved those and grew up on them).

Here's the thing... disney isn't even setting a new vision or message for the park. They just keep pretending a mash up is good enough.

You miss that people don't just miss the old product... they are calling out the new product as a conflicting mess.

People aren't just lamenting the old... they are challenging Disney's go forward plan.

eliza61nyc

Here's the thing... disney isn't even setting a new vision or message for the park. They just keep pretending a mash up is good enough.

You miss that people don't just miss the old product... they are calling out the new product as a conflicting mess.

People aren't just lamenting the old... they are challenging Disney's go forward plan.

Really? How? (Serious question)
And who is calling Disney out? Also a serious question. I mean outside of the folks here.
And what do you mean by "pretending " it's good enough, are people no longer visiting Epcot?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Really? How? (Serious question)
And who is calling Disney out? Also a serious question. I mean outside of the folks here.
And what do you mean by "pretending " it's good enough, are people no longer visiting Epcot?

The consumer doesn't need to be aware of why something is failing to click... they just know it doesn't work. So you won't find the masses critiquing why.

Take F&W and the other festivals out of Epcot and compare what you think of the part. Remember... Epcot was the highest capacity park.

brb1006

lol, dude and you think this would put me in it? oh you silly being... I've admitted from day one I don't understand the obsession with the "old" epcot or magic kingdom but again I also don't understand the obsession people have with going back to antebellum times either.
So you prefer the current state of Journey Into Imagination compared to the old version?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom