News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

ToTBellHop

I have no idea why the term "peanut gallery" is offensive to some. However, I do know that if I tried to avoid using anything that is "deeply offensive to some" in today's society, I would never be able to say anything.
I hope you don't work in public service.

Look, if some of you choose to say things that make other people feel like crap, do you. I prefer not to do that to others. I prefer to be aware of the effects of my actions. If I am saying something or doing something and it makes someone else uncomfortable, I would like to at least know I'm doing that. I would never choose to unknowingly hurt someone.

Back to talking about a family fireworks show.

geekza

By that line of thinking "coach" or "steerage" is an offensive term too... *rolleyes*. No one is talking about the race of the people commonly there... but what they did or their reputation.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, "peanut gallery" doesn't seem like it should be high on the list of offensive terms, especially given that there doesn't seem to be a consensus regarding its origin and usage.

Getting back on topic. I'm all for drone usage.

admiralDax

Maybe the Inflatable projection balloons? Or a similar type of central stage/float that tds has?

Is the plan to still have the drones over the lagoon? Snow falling would probably work best if the drones were all flying over the backstage areas behind world showcase. Maybe the drones form different layouts over each of the countries pavilions as the story progresses? Like a giant snowflake over Arendelle Norway as Let it go inevitably plays?
That's my understanding of the new show layout. Solves the problem of flying drones over guests heads (unsafe) and having pyro happen at the same time (collision). But of course this is just my opinion.

DznyRktekt

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, "peanut gallery" doesn't seem like it should be high on the list of offensive terms, especially given that there doesn't seem to be a consensus regarding its origin and usage.

Getting back on topic. I'm all for drone usage.

I'm sure "drone" could be an offensive term to some.. :facepalm:

The Empress Lilly

I hope that the new show includes drones. As much as I hate for it to be IP based, including some badass technology would soften the blow. I think they look really cool in this video from a couple years ago.
Drones are great. I enjoyed them at every free carnival fair and outdoor festival I've visited the past three years. Or, like your video which is from a couple of years ago. Which is to say, drones are as omnipresent and normal already as fireworks or lasers, and so not sufficient reason to create a show. They are not misplaced, but nobody would've missed the boat by not having them at EPCOT.

The Empress Lilly

The music of Illumination was always incredible. IMHO, so was the whole display.

I still have dreams tied to the RoE music. I guess that is a personal problem. :)
Yes, RoE's music is incredible. Up there with the best of EPCOT. The music is what takes you on your journey, what creates the show's emotional impact.

I am sick in my stomach at the thought of EPCOT without my Illuminations music, even if I fell in love with the place a previous millenium long before RoE was ever conceived. I need the songs, the score, the heavenly post-show WS.

The Empress Lilly

I just want to say that although I may be in the minority, I believe that characters do not belong in EPCOT. This includes Mickey and friends. The only characters that belong there are those that are designed specifically for the park, such as Figment and Dreamfinder, and the Kitchen Kabaret gang.
Outside characters are not EPCOT's story, or universe.

Groot and Elsa and Nemo in EPCOT are like Donald Duck teaming up with Luke's ghost in episode IX. (That's 'nine', for those on the peanut gallery)

If you look at the starfield in SSE's top, there are no Guardians flying around somewhere. You are seeing our universe, our world. That is the magic and mystery of SSE.

brb1006

Strolling around World Showcase this evening with the wonderful pre show playing in the background and thinking how sad it is that a year from now the mood will be vastly different, and not in a good way. At least I am fortunate to enjoy the last remaining bit of the original spirit left at this park every night if I wanted to.
Don't forget the projections on Spaceship Earth when the show is done.

Here's a variation of it during Epcot's 25th Anniversary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom