News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

flynnibus

Premium Member
And when you don’t meet Wall Street projections, no matter how arbitrary or ignorance-based they are, you have at least temporarily failed and will take some public humiliation and sometimes real financial loss.

Here is the richest man on the planet with the most feared company laughing at your business strategy of cowering before analysts instead of executing your long term vision
giphy.gif

“For a sense of scale, it took Amazon more than 14 years—58 quarters after its May 1997 initial public offering—to make, cumulatively, as much profit as it produced in the latest quarter alone.

Keep in mind that Amazon consistently lost money for its first several years as a public company. It first reported a quarterly profit in the fourth quarter of 2001 and, at $5 million, it barely counted. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has long maintained that investing in future growth is more important than hitting quarterly earnings targets, much to Wall Street’s chagrin.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel the same actually. I haven't felt compelled to visit or post much anymore because 1) not much of interest happening at WDW right now and 2) the type of people invading the forum are just unpleasant.

That’s always been the case...it’s not a daily news cycle place...

So in response...it tends to attract the frustrated or hucksters making stuff up with ambiguity and trying to come off as authoritative without directly lying about it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Look at who you're talking to though, the king of living in the black or white. LOL

That’s not as true as you think.

At times...yes.

But I accept a world of grey. ...As far as why black and white matters here???

It’s simple: the current Disney management is exploiting the “it’s worth it to ME” expertly to vastly exaggerate pricing. Across the board.

Individual choices are really impacting the collective and dragging it across the bottom of the sea bed.

That’s why I go “black and white” on the need for intelligent consumers...it’s ironically the only way to protect personal preferences.

Naplesgolfer

That’s not as true as you think.

At times...yes.

But I accept a world of grey. ...As far as why black and white matters here???

It’s simple: the current Disney management is exploiting the “it’s worth it to ME” expertly to vastly exaggerate pricing. Across the board.

Individual choices are really impacting the collective and dragging it across the bottom of the sea bed.

That’s why I go “black and white” on the need for intelligent consumers...it’s ironically the only way to protect personal preferences.

"Price" is always tied to "it's worth it to me". A Bentley is a great car but not 6X better than a Accord. But people buy them every day and are happy with law of depreciating returns that rules in any purchase as you go up the quality/scarcity scale.

MickeyMinnieMom

"Price" is always tied to "it's worth it to me". A Bentley is a great car but not 6X better than a Accord. But people buy them every day and are happy with law of depreciating returns that rules in any purchase as you go up the quality/scarcity scale.
He doesn't like that reality. Please don't mention hotel room views in WDW...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s an paddle upstream...no doubt. But consumer resolve is an option to limit the price curve...call it control of demand...whatever

Life is lived off the textbook page...I’d much rather have a financial planner that is predictive...rather than quotes last weeks test.

I would like the Disney management to be the same...with a splash of wisdom

geekza

Oh I’m not offended. I used the phrase once when I was teaching and a student let me know what it means. I was mortified!
To be fair, there doesn't seem to be any consensus about the racial overtones. Still, I guess terms fall out of favor all the time. Maybe we can bring back the term "groundlings." For those who haven't learned about Theatre history, in Shakespeare's time, the area in front of the stage where audience members would stand and watch the plays were the cheapest tickets. They also sold booze, so you often got the rowdy patrons in that section of the theater. They were known for being very vocal about what they liked and didn't like and would often display their dislike by throwing things at the actors. That's why Shakespeare added comedic characters and lots of sex and fart jokes to his plays. They entertained the "groundlings." Even Hamlet has a comedic scene in it, specifically for that purpose.

disneyflush

"their trash taste"... "need for intelligent consumers"... railing against the masses who are busy having wonderful vacations -- today. Then on top of that, subjecting oneself to the "unpleasant" "type of people invading the forum".

Sounds like quite a bummer. :(

The masses who are busy having wonderful vacations are busy having wonderful vacations. You are here. Though I doubt an IP check would differentiate the location of either party.

MickeyMinnieMom

The masses who are busy having wonderful vacations are busy having wonderful vacations. You are here. Though I doubt an IP check would differentiate the location of either party.
Uh... ok. Conspiracy theories do have their allure for some.

We visit 2-3 times per year and have wonderful vacations. In between, I visit boards like this. You got me.

TwilightZone

Real question here: assuming that the replacement (which I shall from now on call mirrors for convenience) will open the next day, will the torches and/or globe be removed early, thus making the final show really boring and sad?

Mikey73181

I swear to god, If the crowd doesn’t sing along to “We Go On” during the final show, I will be beyond disappointed, and maybe even offended

I recently watched a video of the original final night of Paint The Night at Disneyland, where people followed the parade all the way from the front of the park to wherever it went backstage at the end. Singing and dancing all the way. I also remember when people sang the song from Wishes when that ended. It would be amazing if they did it for "We Go On" as well. I would love to be there for it (and if a definite end date comes early enough, I'm gonna try) and would sing along to "Promise" too (altho I'm divorced now, Promise was my wedding song, so I'll always remember it)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If Walt gave customers what they thought they wanted... Disneyland would have been a carnival and feature length animated films never would have happened.

Most customers are idiots and don't know what they really want - they only know how to repeat what they've already seen. That's why you don't let customers make the decisions that drive your business. You listen to their needs and come up with solutions that fill those needs and the needs they've not yet realized.

The greats are know what the customer wants before they do...

Customers are horrible at identifying solutions to their wants... or often really breaking their wants down into the real components that matter.
Perhaps. But if you alienate them over price/quality issues, they'll quickly determine what they DON'T want...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I mean this sincerely: do you know what peanut gallery means? I assume not or you wouldn’t use it. It’s hella offensive.
There is such a thing as context, you know. In this case, the allusion was clearly "the cheap seats where the hecklers sit."

For every person who uses the term "peanut gallery" as a reference to personal behavior, there are hundreds who use it as a reference to mass comments by people who may or may not have a vested interest in the conversation.

ToTBellHop

There is such a thing as context, you know. In this case, the allusion was clearly "the cheap seats where the hecklers sit."

For every person who uses the term "peanut gallery" as a reference to personal behavior, there are hundreds who use it as a reference to mass comments by people who may or may not have a vested interest in the conversation.
Mmmhmm. And if I say something and learn that it is deeply offensive to some, I stop saying it when I can easily find a different wording. Because I’m not a jerk. Why be obstinate over something that doesn’t really impact me one way or another but negativity impacts someone else?

Tom P.

Mmmhmm. And if I say something and learn that it is deeply offensive to some, I stop saying it when I can easily find a different wording. Because I’m not a jerk. Why be obstinate over something that doesn’t really impact me one way or another but negativity impacts someone else?
I have no idea why the term "peanut gallery" is offensive to some. However, I do know that if I tried to avoid using anything that is "deeply offensive to some" in today's society, I would never be able to say anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom