News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Still waiting for them to post the agenda for next weeks meeting… will be interesting to see how it works out with going back to the district building and not the large ballroom they’ve been using, large group of residents from celebration plan on attending and questioning the board, if anything just to annoy them 😂

Figgy1

Still waiting for them to post the agenda for next weeks meeting… will be interesting to see how it works out with going back to the district building and not the large ballroom they’ve been using, large group of residents from celebration plan on attending and questioning the board, if anything just to annoy them 😂
I wonder if they have to wait for their lawyer to approve agenda and talking points??????????
Are you planning on going?

Lilofan

Want to annoy them? Show up to the board meeting proudly wearing your Mickey Ears!

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I wonder if they have to wait for their lawyer to approve agenda and talking points??????????
Are you planning on going?
I will be there, working on my statement, but I want to see what they plan on talking about. Another resident will be questioning how we are supposed to trust them when they are all appointed friends and have no actual standing in the district.

Lilofan

For a supermarket Publix has a pretty decent selection of beers, but outside of that (and maybe the chicken tenders) not much to talk about and the beer selection ain’t that good to get me to drive 900 miles 🍻🍺🍻🍺
I've met the grocery mgr while visiting Publix by Sea World. He said he stocks a lot of various products based on guest feedback from visitors , residents from up North and Midwest that want their items sold in their neighborhood grocery store.

Figgy1

I will be there, working on my statement, but I want to see what they plan on talking about. Another resident will be questioning how we are supposed to trust them when they are all appointed friends and have no actual standing in the district.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lazyboy97o

In this case how can they do that anyway? If the courts rule in favor of Disney the current clown board is gone and RCID is back. The Governor can’t just ignore that. Disney doesn’t need to follow anything these fools say. Could the state pass new laws targeted at Disney? Sure and those can be taken to court as well. Eventually the public will sour on a Governor doing nothing for the people of his state. What do the citizens of FL get out of that behavior? Nothing. DeSantis loyalists desperate to win a facebook argument may support it, but I don’t believe the average Floridian wants anything to do with that. Just because someone voted for him doesn’t mean they blindly support anything he does. I know that’s the case for the core, base supporters but that’s a small group compared to everyone in the state.
“John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!”
-Probably not Andrew Jackson

The governor and the state could just ignore the courts. There really is no mechanism to force a state to follow a court ruling. A federal court ruling entirely in Disney’s favor doesn’t force the legislature to change state laws. It wouldn’t make the laws go away. The laws would still exist but be unenforceable, and enforcement is something handled entirely by the state. Following court orders is very much something done voluntarily out of respect for the rule of law. It is something that a state could ignore and it would very much create a constitutional crisis.

harry58

The governor and the state could just ignore the courts. There really is no mechanism to force a state to follow a court ruling. A federal court ruling entirely in Disney’s favor doesn’t force the legislature to change state laws. It wouldn’t make the laws go away. The laws would still exist but be unenforceable, and enforcement is something handled entirely by the state. Following court orders is very much something done voluntarily out of respect for the rule of law. It is something that a state could ignore and it would very much create a constitutional crisis.
Exactly this if the court decides that it is a first amendment issue and florida ignores it it is a constitutional crisis

Lilofan

It's easier to wear DeSantis gear and then they will be totally confused, but they'll probably actually let you speak.
That's pure genius , then when its your turn to get the mike, add to your wardrobe put on your Mickey Ears. He did have his magical wedding at the pavilion at Grand Floridian years ago so he does have fond memories of WDW.

Chi84

Premium Member

This isn’t entirely true. I believe the federal government has withheld funding on some occasions. All politics is, in the end, local. Legislators who depend on federal funding for programs that benefit their constituents aren’t going to remain in office if that funding dries up.

But you are basically correct in saying our system depends on respect for the law. The state of Florida is not going to precipitate a constitutional crisis over its governor’s fight with Disney.

JAB

Want to annoy them? Show up to the board meeting proudly wearing your Mickey Ears!
They'd probably use their absurd new rules to claim that anyone wearing Disney merch is a "Disney lobbyist" and try to have them removed.

It's easier to wear DeSantis gear and then they will be totally confused, but they'll probably actually let you speak.
If you really want to confuse them, wear rainbow-colored DeSantis gear. 😏

mmascari

For a supermarket Publix has a pretty decent selection of beers, but outside of that (and maybe the chicken tenders) not much to talk about and the beer selection ain’t that good to get me to drive 900 miles 🍻🍺🍻🍺
Exactly how good are those chicken tenders?

What appears to be the northern most Publix is at 1640 Publix Wy, Stafford, VA 22554. A mere 3 hours from Philadelphia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom