News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
"But why didn't you speak up about it before now?"

Isn't that the standard we're applying? Any opinion someone expresses, you get to clap back at them "tHeN wHy DiDnT yOu SaY sOmEtHiNg AbOuT iT yEaRs AgO!!!!!?"

No one asked. But if they had, I would have said I supported the version of the law when I worked for the state Division of Elections. Had to resign.

flynnibus

Premium Member
just saw a clip of DeSantis speaking and when asked about the Disney situation he said he’s not going to let a corporation control their own government and avoid taxes. Why continue stating something that is just a blatant lie?

Because ge can hold onto a sliver of truth that by having rcid do things they avoid owning it and paying their own taxes on it.

It’s one of those misleading points tied to a sliver of truth that serves the point of making something into something else

Disney Analyst

I still think it’s shocking the business community, the tourism community, and the theme park community have not spoken out at all about what has been happening. If the entire community rallied around Disney, it would send a very powerful message to Tallahassee. And frankly they should, the precedent being set can impact them one day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think what is correctly stated is that WDW is the largest single site employer in the state (and the country). Sometimes that gets twisted as Disney being the largest employer in the state which is not true. Based on what Disney put out they are the largest taxpayer in the state as well. So one of the top employers and the top taxpayer.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Good lord the school districts in Florida are way too big.

My school district has 4 schools.

That's Miami-Dade.

The old Department of Health & Rehabilitative Services employed over 45,000 before the state broke it up into several separate agencies. The largest state social services agency in the county at the time....including NY and California.

WDWHero

I still think it’s shocking the business community, the tourism community, and the theme park community have not spoken out at all about what has been happening. If the entire community rallied around Disney, it would send a very powerful message to Tallahassee. And frankly they should, the precedent being set can impact them one day.
They just don’t want to be next.

Brian

That number seems awfully low for Publix. Orlando Sentinel was reporting 190,000 in 2018. Publix has around 65% of the grocery stores in the state.
It seems the data was last updated in 2021, so perhaps the labor market issues at the time skewed the data.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It seems the data was last updated in 2021, so perhaps the labor market issues at the time skewed the data.

What I posted was 2022 data. Publix is opening new stores regularly. I think 3 in Central Florida will open in the next few months.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I think what is correctly stated is that WDW is the largest single site employer in the state (and the country). Sometimes that gets twisted as Disney being the largest employer in the state which is not true. Based on what Disney put out they are the largest taxpayer in the state as well. So one of the top employers and the top taxpayer.

Correct. Largest single site employer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom