News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

tissandtully

The massage parlor was at EPCOT
1681919533882.png

LSLS

That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the Florida Local Government Development Agreement Act, which predates all of this, and it provides for a duration of UP TO 30 years, not 30 years minimum.

View attachment 711224
It was a while ago, but originally, there were questions about if the law eliminating RCID (when that was the original plan) even applied to Disney because they reupped (recertified, whatever the wording was) something with the district. I wonder if that has to do with this?

Mr. Stay Puft

Honestly i think most of that is just hot air though. Disney won’t struggle with living under state oversight of health codes. It would be situations where the district holds its own distorted authority that become a problem.
I'm hopeful that Disney fights back and wins of course. But the fact that these are the goals of the state and this board, it's absolutely terrifying they want to do these things. Out of retaliation. That's government acting like a mafia organization.

Stripes

Premium Member
That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the Florida Local Government Development Agreement Act, which predates all of this, and it provides for a duration of UP TO 30 years, not 30 years minimum.

View attachment 711224
We already knew this. The development agreement is good for 30 years max. The restrictive covenants are the ones with the royal lives clause.

scottieRoss

Overall these presentations are very 'curious' to be nice.
For example, 4,000 violations on health inspections (i think this was the number that was quoted) on its own is disingenuous. Health Inspection violations can be as simple as a cleaning chemical spray bottle not labeled. Each individual item is a violation. So, if each inspection had 1 or 2 violations, then they would be 98% scores. Still very very good.
Also, those 4,000 violations represent how many inspections? And what is the total number of inspections in the last almost 10 years. Just saying 4,000 violations could represent 2,000 non-perfect inspections, but still above passing. And out of how many thousands or hundreds of thousands of inspections.
The metric should be how many failing inspections out of how many total inspections

tissandtully

For example, 4,000 violations on health inspections (i think this was the number that was quoted) on its own is disingenuous. Health Inspection violations can be as simple as a cleaning chemical spray bottle not labeled. Each individual item is a violation. So, if each inspection had 1 or 2 violations, then they would be 98% scores. Still very very good.
Also, those 4,000 violations represent how many inspections? And what is the total number of inspections in the last almost 10 years. Just saying 4,000 violations could represent 2,000 non-perfect inspections, but still above passing. And out of how many thousands or hundreds of thousands of inspections.
The metric should be how many failing inspections out of how many total inspections
The Rs have never been a fan of context.

lentesta

Premium Member
If true, this would seem to be a horrendously costly error, and something that is hard to believe could have happened.

It's probably minor. I think @ParentsOf4 said the common remedy is to send out the letters as soon as is practicable.

And that's without looking at the original RCID charter, which may have given the BoS the abiltity to skip some steps.

Figgy1

Also how many of those inspections were on property but not at places owned by Disney

Brian

Meanwhile, DeSantis is still out there, over a year later, implying that all of this is because of Disney's stance against the parental rights in education law. I used to think he had some restraint, unlike 'Big Orange,' but I really don't think he does anymore.

Chip Chipperson

The claim is that their properties are being appraised artificially low. Meanwhile, Disney is suing Orange County, claiming that their properties are being appraised artificially high.
I guess they're just conveniently ignoring the fact that Disney only wins their appeals if the tax court agrees with them.l, which would mean that Disney was correct in asserting that the valuations were too high.

Also, the assessed valuations on a county-wide basis mean very little. Taxes can be raised by a certain amount and new property growth (such as the new Poly tower) allow the counties and schools to raise even more tax revenue than they would if nothing new was built. If all property values in the county suddenly plummeted, the counties and schools wouldn't find themselves unable to collect as much in taxes. The entire argument the board is making either highlights their complete lack of understanding of basic property tax laws or is aimed at people who don't understand the property tax laws and believe whatever they're told as long as the people doing the telling belong to the same party as them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom