News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Brian

Yes the next course of action from Disney will be interesting to see. Seems like we won't have long to wait, one way or the other.
Boom! Take that DeSantis!

*(This is from a satire site, and posted before. It just never gets old).

GimpYancIent

I think the scary part is that they are trying to do these things. The law figuring out what's right isn't always inevitable. You can see why people are worried, right?
The attorneys are loving all of this back and forth. The visitors, tourists, travelers, guests and even casual passersby don't give a damn about this soap opera / reality show, their interests are in enjoying the parks and entertainment / food. Talk about the monetary costs of visiting WDW and you will then have the majorities attention.

tissandtully

The attorneys are loving all of this back and forth. The visitors, tourists, travelers, guests and even casual passersby don't give a damn about this soap opera / reality show, their interests are in enjoying the parks and entertainment / food. Talk about the monetary costs of visiting WDW and you will then have the majorities attention.
Not really what I was talking about but OK. Definitely a different discussion for not in this thread.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I see why people don't like these things, and there are many of them that I don't like either. But I don't think "worry" is justified.
Yeah… i mean those perfectly legal challenges didn’t culminate in a physical domestic takeover invasion of government for the first time in our history or anything.

Perfectly harmless… just legal items working through the legal system….

/s

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yeah… i mean those perfectly legal challenges didn’t culminate in a physical domestic takeover invasion of government for the first time in our history or anything.

Perfectly harmless… just legal items working through the legal system….

/s
Lunatics rioted, and lost, and now they're being convicted and sent to prison.

The system worked.

You can't legislate away crazy people.

FutureCEO

minions-watching-movie-popcorn-cinema-huflm1woivdvb7km.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member

Classe is in these meetings. Not putting forth evidence for consideration is a really bad posture for a record.
Uhh.. sorry but no. "lawyering up" is pretty much the de facto here for people that are more focused on results then press.

Best you'll get from Disney is broad statements like "we believe everything was in compliance..." blah blah

What you got from those lawyers today was the broadside of everything that could be painted as wrong.

Just like in the opening of most lawsuits, open wide and boastful... because you can't go back and change the scope, but you can always concede losses on the points you raised.

Brian

Anyone else shocked Trump is more on Disney’s side of this. That should tell you everything you need to know about DeSantis overreaching here in a big way
He's not on Disney's side. He's been dunking on DeSantis at every possible opportunity because he sees him as the biggest threat to him securing the 2024 nomination. In an alternate universe where DeSantis is loving on Disney, Trump would be talking about how morally bankrupt they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom