News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Mr. Stay Puft

DeSantis wants it *in* the news cycle, he doesn't want it resolved. I don't think he actually cares about the ultimate outcome (which will be years from now), but he wants the fight to be ongoing until the primary begins.

I think the people on this board really do care about the outcome and they actually want to screw Disney. They're doing it for their pound of flesh, they're not just doing it as a stunt.
I think he DOES care about the outcome. The only acceptable outcome is state control over Disney.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Which is something we already knew - 30 years minimum, but Royal Lives Clause and/or perpetuity maximum.
That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the Florida Local Government Development Agreement Act, which predates all of this, and it provides for a duration of UP TO 30 years, not 30 years minimum.

1681919070329.png

scottieRoss

So that’s where the human trafficking comments from the press conference came from the other day. Health dept oversight of massage palors

If there was any uncertainty between the governor’s planning and what is happening in the district’s agenda and materials
But according to the DOH rep, the state already regulates massage within RCID. So what was the point?

Tha Realest

Absolutely. And Disney/RCID absolutely knew about this requirement.
Development agreement contemplates assignment to “other landowners and/or ground lessees within the RCID Jurisdictional Lands,” and obligates them to in turn comply with the provisions of this agreement. Also contemplates extensive public works and utilities authorizations which would clearly affect those other property owners within RCID.

Mr. Stay Puft

So that’s where the human trafficking comments from the press conference came from the other day. Health dept oversight of massage palors

If there was any uncertainty between the governor’s planning and what is happening in the district’s agenda and materials
They're going to throw the entire state regulatory oversight kitchen sink at Disney. All this because Disney didn't publicly agree with a law that was passed.

Unbelievable it's come to this.

nbdysreal

They're going to throw the entire state regulatory oversight kitchen sink at Disney. All this because Disney didn't publicly agree with a law that was passed.

Super weird. I wish there was something in the constitution that covered free speech without government retaliation. Guess the founding fathers overlooked that one.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Honestly i think most of that is just hot air though. Disney won’t struggle with living under state oversight of health codes. It would be situations where the district holds its own distorted authority that become a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom