Redo of Disney's Hollywood Studios

MaterA113

Original Poster
Thanks figmntal... I think ill do those...

Here is Broadway Blvd... The final land in DHS...

Entering from Horrorwood, this is what is now Sunset Blvd. to Hollywood Blvd....

Entering From TZToT, you will have a (unnamed snack stand) on the right, which is next to the new Little Mermaid, broadway show... It will be shortened verison of the Broadway show... Across the Street is Mary Poppins, a shortened version of the broadway show... Before you get to the theater you will have a (unnamned shop), and after Mary Poppins Theater, you will have Mamma Melrose's Ristorante, the backstory behind the restaurant will change a bit but overalle stay the same....

PLease comment i know this land isnt really that good... I will be leaving for WDW later today so i wont be posting till monday... I will be redoing the Muppet Studios as well.... Thanks all for your help...

Jasonflz

Great Movie Ride Updates:

Pirates Of The Caribbean:
Replacing western is PoTC. The scene is a battle between two ships with an animatronic Jack Sparrow swings from one ship to another courtesy of a long rope.

Star Wars:
Replacing Alien is Star Wars. You are moving through the ship trying to remain undetected by Stormtroopers. Suddenly they open fire upon your vehicle. Luke Skywalker appears on the other side of the ride vehicle and returns fire on them. As you move forward you see Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader fighting (pepper's ghost effect) and Obi getting strucken down by Vader.

Animation Scenes:
Not really a replacement but the Fantasia scene is altered to accomadate several animated movies.

Finale:
The finale is redone to look like the inside of a movie theater. Several large red curtains are added to add color to the presentation while there is a large row of chairs behind you where animatronic audience members sit.

MaterA113

Original Poster
I like the potc and the sw scenes...but I don't thnk that I want animation in thgmr because I will be having the animation attraction....

im in wdw right now and will continue when I get home on monday...

Jasonflz

I like the potc and the sw scenes...but I don't thnk that I want animation in thgmr because I will be having the animation attraction....

im in wdw right now and will continue when I get home on monday...

Okay. I have been really busy lately so I am also a little behind on this work.

Studios Fan

Great Movie Ride Updates:

Pirates Of The Caribbean:
Replacing western is PoTC. The scene is a battle between two ships with an animatronic Jack Sparrow swings from one ship to another courtesy of a long rope.

Star Wars:
Replacing Alien is Star Wars. You are moving through the ship trying to remain undetected by Stormtroopers. Suddenly they open fire upon your vehicle. Luke Skywalker appears on the other side of the ride vehicle and returns fire on them. As you move forward you see Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader fighting (pepper's ghost effect) and Obi getting strucken down by Vader.

Animation Scenes:
Not really a replacement but the Fantasia scene is altered to accomadate several animated movies.

Finale:
The finale is redone to look like the inside of a movie theater. Several large red curtains are added to add color to the presentation while there is a large row of chairs behind you where animatronic audience members sit.

I like the ideas. I especially like SW replacing Alien.

MaterA113

Original Poster
sorry for no activity lately... ive been busy... hopefully next week i will finish up the redo of Muppet Studios... and can post it...

Im still working on the Fantasmic!! im trying to make it different... not liek DL or DHS... with maybe a few hints here and there but mostly different...

Just a heads up after i finish DHS im going to move on to Redo of Magic Kingdom on another thread, but will continue to work on this one to finish the details, like attractions and shows and such...

3dfan

I have found a Cast Member Map of DisneyMGM Studios and i have redone Disney's Hollywood Studios...

First it will be renamed Walt Disney Studios Orlando..

Here are the lands:
-Hollywood Blvd. (same area as now)
-Adventure Outpost (need a new name, in Echo Lake area around Indiana Jone ESS)
-Sci-Fi City (Taking part of Echo Lake and Cominssary Lane, around Star Tours and Sci Fi Dine In)
-Muppet Studios (around MV 3D and New York St.)
-Production Ctyd. (the old Backlot area around LMA)
-Pixar Place (where it is now from Little Mermaid to entrance to Backlot tour and back to backstage areas)
-Animation Ctyd (same as now just expanded to CM area)
-Melody Way (around RnRC and extended to Animation Ctyd)
-Horrorwood (around TZToT and Fantasmic area)
-Broadway (on old SUnset Blvd from Hollywood Blvd to entrance to RNRC and TZToT)

ALso i have moved and reworked Fantasmic to the back into Produciton Ctyd taking up mostly where Catastrophy Canyon is now)

Basically the only land that has nothing done to it is Hollywood Blvd. EXCEPT the giant SOrcerer hat will be moved to the back of Animation Ctyd...to the entrance of the new Fantasia attraction...

So far what do you think???? I will post more later...

Wow, very useful and interesting info!

MaterA113

Original Poster
Here is muppet Studios REDO...

Muppet Studios (Mama Melrose Area and current Muppet area, as well as some of NY St.)

Moving from Sci Fi City, you first have Gonzo's Pizza Palorium, a quick service restaurant where Pizza Planet, across from Muppet Vision... Next to Gonzo's is Hard Mock Cafe, where Mama Melrose's is now and the decorations extend to where the CARS meet and greet is now. This restaurant is a Hard Rock type restaurant (thanks figmntal), is a table Serivce lunch and dinner...Across from GPP is Muppet Vision 4D, the current attraction with a few added scenes and is updated a bit. Near the exit to MV4D is The Muppets Studio 1 Company Store. Moving back, near the old Backlot THeater, yo have Great Muppet Movie Ride, a attraction simialr to the proposed and much wanted attraction for DMGMS. It will feature the Muppets in classic and famous scenes from famous movies Finally, moving on towrd Production Cytd. is Muppet Labs Interactive, where Studio Catering Comp is now.This will be an interactive area featuring Beaker and Bunsen... Sort of like the Innoventions at Epcot... It will also feature teh Muppet Mobile Lab inside performing throughout the day...

How do you like the redo?? I could think of anything for the Studio Catering COmpany area... any suggestions for shows? restaurant? ride?

MaterA113

Original Poster
Here is the layout and lineup for my Fantasmic!!! i will be doing a detailed script but here is the line up:

Fantasmic!
1-Adventure
**Lion King (stage)
**Jungle Book (barges)
2-Peter Pan and Darlings
3-Love
**Belle and Beast
**Aurora and Philip
**Cinderella
**ALaddin and Jasmine (fly over crowd)
4-Under the Sea (on stage and barges)
5- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
6-Monstro
7-Pinocchio Puppets
8-Pink Elephants on Parade
9-VIllians
**Evil Queen (summons)
**Queen of Hearts (Off with His Head, on stage)
**Ursula (Poor Unfortunate Souls, barges)
**Scar (Be Prepared, on stage)
**Villian Medley (screens)
10- Night on Bald Mountan (CHernabog, on mountain)
11- Mickey Defeats Evil
12-SteamBoat WIllie
13- Tinkerbell and Disney Fairies
**fireworks

Comments?? SUggestions??? As you can see Chernabog has replace Maleificent...

Studios Fan

Here is muppet Studios REDO...

Muppet Studios (Mama Melrose Area and current Muppet area, as well as some of NY St.)

Moving from Sci Fi City, you first have Gonzo's Pizza Palorium, a quick service restaurant where Pizza Planet, across from Muppet Vision... Next to Gonzo's is Hard Mock Cafe, where Mama Melrose's is now and the decorations extend to where the CARS meet and greet is now. This restaurant is a Hard Rock type restaurant (thanks figmntal), is a table Serivce lunch and dinner...Across from GPP is Muppet Vision 4D, the current attraction with a few added scenes and is updated a bit. Near the exit to MV4D is The Muppets Studio 1 Company Store. Moving back, near the old Backlot THeater, yo have Great Muppet Movie Ride, a attraction simialr to the proposed and much wanted attraction for DMGMS. It will feature the Muppets in classic and famous scenes from famous movies Finally, moving on towrd Production Cytd. is Muppet Labs Interactive, where Studio Catering Comp is now.This will be an interactive area featuring Beaker and Bunsen... Sort of like the Innoventions at Epcot... It will also feature teh Muppet Mobile Lab inside performing throughout the day...

How do you like the redo?? I could think of anything for the Studio Catering COmpany area... any suggestions for shows? restaurant? ride?

I like it. :)

MaterA113

Original Poster

Here is my Fantasmic!!... What do you think??? I reworked it a bit... form the original line up... The bold and unbold show the seperations of teh scenes... sort of...

Announcer Gal: Welcome to Fantasmic! Tonight, our friend and host Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination, for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure. But beware, nothing is more powerful than the imagination, for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Mickey's imagination strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dreams? You are about to find out. For we now invite you to join Mickey, and experience Fantasmic! A journey beyond your wildest imagination.

All is dark. A dim musical note hums, getting louder and louder and louder by the second. Heavenly voices sing while several towers rise from within the stage, flashing spinning spotlights throughout the audience:

IMAGINATION, IMAGINATION...
DREAM A FANTASTIC DREAM...
USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

Spotlights point to Mickey who has suddenly appeared on the stage, dancing about to the triumphant music, conducting beautiful fountains to rise from beneath the water and out towards the sky. After several fountains Mickey climbs to the highest point of the stage and blasts colorful streams of fireworks from his fingers, both of which point towards the sky. The stage darkens and wizard Mickey appears on both the screens present on both sides of the stage, conducting water as he did in Fantasia. Music from the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" plays as Mickey conducts the waves, small fireworks blasting into the sky. At the conclusion of Mickey's water ballet, one large firework erupts into the sky covering the theater in a blanket of temporary smoke.

As the music calms, projections of beautiful flowers appear on the screens, blooming in many different colors. Beautiful flowers bloom upon the stage as well. All the while a woman sings the glories of imagination:

See it...in your mind...and you can find...in your imagination...mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wonderous dreams.

As the last flower blooms it suddenly dies and darkens, the music changing into an
erie exotic tune with it. An eerie fog rolls across the river, giving the sense that we have entered a dark jungle in the farthest reaches of the world. Wild animals cry out in the distance. A stream of bongos begin to play, suddenly broken by a gong. The water screens stay up and show bright jungle colors and project images of trees and two elephants dance off to the side of the stage, while tiki-adorned rafts float around the stage, filled with dancing neon monkeys, one raft host to King Louie, another host to Baloo the bear. As the jungle heats up, the music grows more and more intense. The monkey rafts float away there is a sudden song change to “Cant Wait to be King” and on the stage, the giant mountain seems to be transformed into a giant animal pile like from the movie. On top of the pile is Nala and Simba singing the song… The screens go back up and show the projection of Simba (like in Mickey’s Philharmagic) finishing the song. The lights go out a the end of the song (with the final elephant noise).

After the short period of darkness… you hear:

LOOKOUT, LOOKOUT!

OW!

PACHYDERM!

(Elephant Cry)

THEY'RE HERE, THEY'RE THERE, OH NO, LOOKOUT, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Then on stage you see several black light Pink Elephants (like in WDSP’s Animaique)… While they are dancing you hear the “Pink Elephants on Parade”… At the end of this performance… the screens quickly shoot up again and the classic beginning of “Second Star to the Right” begins with the dun-duna… Then you have a projection of Big Ben on the screens and Peter Pan, Wendy, and the Darling Boys fly from behind you and fly above the audience, they then fly above the river and dart behind the screens to finish the song…

The screens go down to reveal the Pinocchio Puppet sequence… Pinocchio is in the middle with the two showgirls next to him. The three puppets dance to an instrumental version of "I Got No Strings" and the can can, along with spinning firework pinwheels. At the end of the scene a lush instrumental of "When You Wish Upon a Star" fills the air as giant bubbles fill the screens and real bubbles fill the theater. As each bubble passes we see twenty-five memorable moments from Disney films, those films being:

1. Snow White being awoken by her prince.
2. Quasimodo singing from the walls of the Notre Dame cathedral.
3. Pocahontas and John Smith running through the forest.
4. Lilo, Stitch, and Nani surfing in
Hawaii
5. Woody and Buzz flying above the neighborhood.
6. Cinderella’s foot fitting into the Slipper
7. Lightning McQueen and Sally taking a drive.
8. Remy looking out towards
Paris
at sunset.
9. Rafiki lifting Kiara over the Pridelands, Simba, Nala, Timon, and Pumbaa watching.
10. Snow White kissing Dopey on the head
11. Bambi with Flower and Thumper at the first winter
12. Lady and the Tramp kissing with Spagetti
13. Nemo and Marlin reuniting after an emotional journey.
14. Dumbo flying through the air with Timothy Mouse.
15. Jack Skellington and Sally about to kiss on the hill.
16. Steamboat Willie Mickey whistling at the wheel.
17. Arthur pulling the Sword out of the stone
18. Giselle running through
Central Park
singing "That's How You Know."
19. Mary Poppins in the Jolly Holiday with Bert and children
20. The Rescuers rescuing Penny
21. Sulley saying goodbye to Boo
22. Aurora and her prince dancing in the forest.
Alice
relaxing in a garden when she should be learning.
24 Belle and the Beast dancing in the ballroom.
25. Wall-e soaring through the galaxy and touching the stars.

Aladdin and Jasmine fly above the audience on a magic carpet, while Snow White and her prince, Aurora and Philip, Cinderella and Prince Charming sail by on rafts decorated with glowing flower arrangements while Belle and the Beast waltz on the stage in a lavish ballroom. Fountains dance to symbolize the love in the air.

Female: See it...in your mind...and you can find...in your imagination...tales of enchantment, beauty and romance, happily ever after.

Male: Tale as old as time...true as it could be...barely even friends, then somebody bends, unexpectedly...certain as the sun...rising in the East

Female and Male: Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast.

Female: A whole new world! A dazzling place I never knew.

Male and Female: But when we're way up here, it's crystal clear, and now I'm in a whole new world with you!

Female: Someday my prince will come!

Male and Female: Someday we'll find true love!

Female: Tale as old as time...

Male: Song as old as rhyme...

Once the barges pass and head backstage, the lights dim and the screens rise up with colorful images of under the sea with coral and such… Then the classic tune of “Under the Sea” begins to play… A smaller barge comes out with an AA Sebastian on it starting to sing…. The barge moves around the river, in circles and such around mostly in the middle of the river. Then a smaller float with Ariel on it comes out and “dances” around the river…. On the screen are the fish dancing… and some aerialist performers dance above the river and audience… Near the end of the song, the barges and dancers begin to leave… With the end of the song the screen changes to a darker and more mysterious sea/ocean. You hear:

Jiminy Cricket: Pinocchio! We're down here!

As bubbles continue to fill the screens and the theater we find several of Disney's underwater creatures, including Sebastian and Flounder on the screens, and Nemo, Marlin, and Dory puppets "swimming" by on rafts. A school of trout swim across the screens, accidentally awakening Monstro who glares at them with one eye. The music quickly changes to a "Jaws" like theme as Monstro attacks the fish, Jiminy, and presumably Mickey. Huge waves and splashes fly out towards the audience as the great whale attacks. A huge whirlpool consumes the screens as well as Mickey whom shouts out for help. Stressful violin chords cry out as all goes dark. Mickey's frightened eyes appear on the screens looking about. Giant splashes appear on the river… With giant waves and such… a “splash” machine moves across the river to seem like Monstro is splashing people… The screens go down… and you see GIANT waves around the stage…

On the stage you see Captain Nemo and Crew and on the left of the stage you see giant tentacles coming out of the water swishing at the crew… While Captain Nemo and crew try to protect there selves… This scene is only on a few moments then the water screens rise up again…

On the screen are pictures of a little garden with may roses…. The screens lower again and you see the Queen of Hearts dancing around the stage with her cards…. She sings and dances…”Painting the Roses Red”.. Mickey appears on stage… and he messes her up…

Queen of Hearts: (yells) Off with his head..

The cards chase Mickey off stage… and the screen appears again…

On the screen is the Evil Queen’s Magic Mirror…. The voice of Snow White's evil stepmother fills the air.

Evil Queen: Slave in the magic mirror...come from the farthest space...through wind and darkness I summon thee...speak! Let me see thy face!

Thunder and lightning crash, the queen appears on the stage dancing around her cauldron.

Slave: Famed is thy beauty majesty, but hold; Lovelier maids I see, and hear, in Mickey's imagination. Beauty and love will always survive.

Queen: No! (With several chords of dramatic music, the queen rushes to her cauldron, conjuring up a wicked spell as evident by the green smoke erupting from within) A magic spell in the black of night, with a scream of fright...(Woman screams) and a bolt of light (Huge yellow firework shot up) turn my hair to white! (Dramatic chords of music, followed by several green fireworks. Each firework makes the shape of a distressed face. With an explosion of smoke and several orange fireworks there is an evil cackle, followed by the sudden appearance of the queen's evil hag form)

Hag: Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic! Imagine this...(Laughs) Magic mirror on the wall, to all the forces of evil I call (Laughs)!

Slave: You have the power, to control...

The hag disappears and reappears briefly in the mirror, quickly replaced by Ursula.

Hag and Ursula: His mind! (Laugh)

Ursula: Oh yes, how exciting! Let's do it!

Ursula laughs as she appears on her barge and floats around the river dancing about as she sings a new rendition of "Poor Unfortunate Souls." Two giant Floatsem and Jetsem puppets swim around the waters as she laments. (One comes from each side of the stage)

Ursula: Hello...I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me well a witch! Beluga Sevruga indeed! Ursula will take matters into her own tentacles! Ha! How nice! Mickey Mouse's mind...will be mine! And then I'll make him writhe...I'll see him wriggle like a worm on a hook! (Laughs) To belong...to me...to obey my every whim! Why not? Let's do it!

With a puff of smoke, and darkness, the barges quickly leave the river and the screens lower to reveal an AA Scar atop of the mountain singing “Be Prepared”…

Scar: Now it is my turn to rule over the Prideland…

Over the mountain, and some on the stage are a few AA Hyenas singing along… Throughout the show green flames come out from around Scar… and the water catches fire… The screens rise up and show Scar hanging over the edge of the cliff about to kill Mufasa….

The screens lower to reveal Mickey and Maleficent on the stage…

Maleficent: Now you have to deal with the powers of our imagination!!! Chernabog!!

Mickey: Oh no!

Red and orange fireworks blast into the air as Maleficent disappears in an explosion of smoke. The evil fairy cackles as flames devour the waters and the stage.

Suddenly the Queen appears on the screen cackling:

Hag: Imagine this!!

The hag cackles, followed by Ursula, Scar, and Queen of Hearts all laughing. Following Queen of Hearts the faces of numerous Disney villains scroll down on the screens, those villains including Cruella Da Ville, Jafar, Hades, Frollo, Gaston, the Hyenas, Shere Khan, Kaa, the Siamese Cats, the Cheshire Cat, Hopper, Madame Mim, Madame Medusa, Governor Ratcliffe, Brer Fox, Zurg, Stinky Pete, Captain Hook, the Phantom Blot, Judge Doom, Clayton, Syndrome, and Ratigan, all of them laughing. Chernabog breaks up the celebration of evil by roaring. The screens lower to reveal the mountain has turned into a giant Chernabog…

Mickey appears on stage, in his Sorcerer costume…

Mickey: You may think you are so powerful… but this is my dream!!!

Mickey pulls out the sword from the stone to the right of him… he holds it toward CHernabog and a BEAM of BRIGHT WHITE light hits him in the eye…

Chernabog: NOOoOOO!!!

Chernabog appears on the scream retracting from the light and screaming, followed by a screaming, Jafar and Ursula screaming and falling, and the old hag turning back into the evil queen, both screaming. The Maleficent dragon soon appears on the screens, exploding into thousands of brilliant colors, the entire theater dark.

The screen dims and Mickey (back in normal clothes) dances around with the fountains around the stage to put out the fire…

The screens reappear and theater becomes bright with colors and the screens reveal Happy Disney Endings…
1. Snow White and Prince walking off into the sunset
2. Simba becoming king
3. The Darling children getting to Neverland
4. Bolt finding Penny
5. Prince Edward marrying
6. Remy having his own restaurant
7. The Incredibles being a good family
8. Mowgli finding the village
9. Nemo and Marlin reuniting
10. Mulan defeating the huns
11. Hercules becoming a god
12. Beast turns back into prince
13. Eric and Ariel marry
14. Winnie the Pooh and Friends birthday party
15. Pongo and Perti with puppies

At the end of the medley, Tinkerbell comes from behind the mountain and flies above the audience… while Flora, Fauna, Merrywhether, the Blue Fairy, and Fairy Godmother are on the screens spreading the magic... After flying above the audience, TInkerbell goes behind the screen, and goes onto the screen… she hops from screen to screen spreading pixie dust and lighting up the theater…

The screens go down again and the lights fully are up and Steamboat Willie boat comes from the left of the stage and circles the stage… having many Disney characters on it… Also on the stage are more characters waving ribbons and dancing and having fun… After the boat passes Dumbo flies from behind the mountain to above the audience (on a zipline)… All the characters on the stage leave as Dumbo passes to the audience…

Sorcerer Mickey appears on the top of the mountain now… and plays with the fountains and such and colorful lights…. Dancing brooms come on stage (about 6)… They have buckets of water…

Mickey: Some Imagination??? Huh!

On that last note of huh! The brooms release the water… and fountains spray, and fireworks release... and Mickey has disappeared from the top of the mountain…

------------------------
What do you think??? ANy comments, suggestions welcome... good or bad...

JEANYLASER

awesome! here's my idea for the new Fantasmic show! What if The guest see the image of the Phantom blot tied up Mickey Mouse bound and gagged to the power wench! That's is my idea for the new fantasmic show!

MaterA113

Original Poster
Hello everyone!!! I have revisted some of the rides and here are the revised/ or current layouts for most of the rides in my Redone DHS...

Great Movie Ride- Hollywood Blvd
Load
1-Musical
2-Mary Poppins
3-Gangster
4-Pirates of teh Carribbean (where your car is hijacked by a pirate, in this scene your vehicle will seem to be in the water btw the two battleing ships)
5- [cant think of anything to replace this Alien scene, suggestions??]
6-Raiders of the Lost Ark
7-Horror
8-Tarzan
9-Star Wars (replaces Casablanca)
10-Wizard of Oz 1 (like what was originally intended for this spot)
11-Wizard of Oz 2 (what is there now, just updated)
12- Wizard of Oz 3/ FInale (like what was suppose to be there)
Unload

Indiana Jones Advenure- Adventure Outpost
Load
1-Chamber of Destiny
2-Ascention
3-Hall of Promise
4-Tunnel of Torment
5-Gates of Doom
6-Mummy Chamber
7-Bug Room
8- Bridge
9-Snake Temple
10-Descend
11-Mud Slide
12-Dark Room
13-Rat Cave
14-Dart COrridor
15-Rollign Bolder
16-Outside
17- Finale
Unload

Great Muppet Movie Ride- Muppet Studios
Load
1-Peter Pan
2-GodFather
3-Music Man
4-Frankenstein
5-Jurassic Park
6-Jaws
7-Star Wars
8-Terminator
9-Chronicles of Narnia
10-Finale
Unload

On to the Screen- Animation Ctyd.
Load (Animator)
1-Steamboat WIllie
2-Snow White
3-Three Cabellaros
4-101 Dalmations
5-AristoCats
6-Lion King
7-Finding Nemo
8-Princess and the Frog
Unload (movie theater)

Fantasia Gardens: A Symphony of Magic- Melody Way
Load
1-Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
2-Dance of teh Hours
3-Nutcracker Suite
4-Pastoral Symphony
5-Rite of Spring
6-Night on Bald MOuntain
7-Sorcerer's Apprentice
Unload

Nightmare Before Christmas- Horrorwood

(would someone like to do this attraction, because i ahve never seen it...???)

So waht do you all think of the layouts.... suggestions??? comments??? additions??? deletions??? ANything wanted...

THanks

mharrington

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but here's how I would redo GMR:

First and foremost, the cars will now be replaced by different cars whose seats are able to turn 180 degrees around and face backwards (more on that later).

Now, nothing in the ride itself will be changed until after you reach Raiders of the Lost Ark after the substitute driver (which you get either as a gangster from The Public Enemy or a Western outlaw from The Searchers) attempts to grab the jewel only to disappear in a cloud of smoke and you get your original driver back. After that, you go onto a scene about love stories. Here, the Tarzan scene is gone. In its place is An Affair To Remember, where you see Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr on the ocean liner, promising to meet each other on the Empire State Building. After that, you go through the Casablanca scene where the love story theme holds out. After this, the Fantasia scene will be gone (since it will now be the theme of an E-ticket attraction of its own elsewhere in the park and mentioned earlier in the thread), and will be replaced by another Disney movie, which also has a love theme (and does not yet have a real appearance in a Disney attraction): Bambi. This scene here shows Bambi, Thumper and Flower all as adults being "twitterpated" in the springtime of the forest. They fall in love with their respective females (in Bambi's case, it's with Faline).

Then, after the following scene, which is of The Wizard of Oz like usual, instead of the normal film finale room, that room is now used as a scene devoted to action movies represented by two scenes. One of them is the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, which is by the most famous scene in the movie: Goldfinger's banter with the obstinate Bond, who is tied down in the path of a laser beam (BOND: "Do you expect me to talk?" GOLDFINGER: "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."). All the while, the music of the movie's unforgettable theme song ("Goldfinger... He's the man... The man with the Midas touch...") is performed. And the other movie seen here is one that today's generation may be familiar with: the Lord of the Rings movie, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. The movie scene represented here is that of the Bridge of Kazad Dum, complete with an Audio-Animatronic of Gandalf saying, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" I specifically selected Lord of the Rings since it's something recent that younger audiences may be familiar with. What's more, I think to put the film here in this part of the ride makes sense both climatically and chronologically, since it came out in 2001.

Then you reenter the loading area, but all the lights are out, and it looks similar to the end of the current Journey Into Imagination ride, with all the fiber optic lights on the walls, so you can't tell it's the unloading area. A big screen is on the wall, directly to the right of the car. The seats then rotate 180 degrees to the right to face the screen and the big film finale is shown as usual, albeit significantly altered a bit, and then at the end, a speaker shouts, "And... CUT!" and the lights return and you exit your car. These ideas would definitely give this ride some of the TLC it deserves while still leaving most of the old movies intact, and keeping them from doing any major building changes.

So, before I forget, based on these changes, the movie selections in The Great Movie Ride (disregarding the pre-show trailer theater (which will also be updated to include trailers from some of the aforementioned newly-added movies) or the closing film finale) should now be as follows (the numbers in parentheses are the years they were released):

• Footlight Parade (1933)
  • Singin' In the Rain (1952)
  • Mary Poppins (1964)
  • The Public Enemy (1931)
  • The Searchers (1956)
  • Alien (1979)
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  • An Affair To Remember (1957)
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Bambi (1942)
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • Goldfinger (1964)
  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

What do you think?

MaterA113

Original Poster
Thanks mharrington... I really really like it... I really couldnt come up with OLD movies because.. well i really dont know that many... so your idea helped out a bit... Thanks... I like the idea of teh rotating seats and the unload/finale area... Great idea.... I dont know how i feel about teh Bambi or the An Affair to Remember scenes....b/c 1) ive never heard of An Affair to Remember and 2) i really didnt want an Animated scene int he attraction... Could there be a somewhat more recent love story movie, what about Titanic???? For the Bambi scene would they be projections or actual AAs... Thanks again... Ill think about the An Affair to Remember scene... Other than that i think i might keep it the way you have it with teh Bambi scene in it...

I think i might put more recent films in teh Great Muppet Movie Ride... So looks like ill need to redo those attractions again...lol....

Thanks agian... i really liked the idea.

Disneyson 1

The Fantasmic! idea is great. It'd be hard to pull off, but it'd be VERY epic! Personally I'd keep the Princess scene before the villain scene (but I see how you tried to have everything "flow" with alice being where it is and all, yet the card scene could take place elsewhere without the Queen segway.) It also felt like the Princess song didn't have enough lines for each princess represented. To accomidate this, I'd move the underwater scene to directly after the bubbles and follow up the 20K by the cards. The "good defeating evil moment" present in all previous Fantasmic! shows would be Alice taking a drink of an oversized bottle labeled "Drink Me" and growing bigger on the water screens with the Fantasmic! fanfare playing. This would introduce the princesses.

The Mufassa thing seems weird where it is. Maybe coupled with Snow taking the bite, Jasmine in the hourglass, etc. it'd fit better. Also, I'd keep Maleficent as the finale. Chernabog should come out, but just not as the ultimate villain, I think. I also feel like the brooms should exit just before the "slow down finale" portion of the song. They'd take away from Mickey, but they could leave their buckets on stage for Mickey to blast!

Sorry for all that, but I really liked that, and I sometimes get attached to ideas when they're good... maybe TOO attached...

mharrington

I dont know how i feel about teh Bambi or the An Affair to Remember scenes....b/c 1) ive never heard of An Affair to Remember and 2) i really didnt want an Animated scene int he attraction... Could there be a somewhat more recent love story movie, what about Titanic???? For the Bambi scene would they be projections or actual AAs... Thanks again... Ill think about the An Affair to Remember scene... Other than that i think i might keep it the way you have it with teh Bambi scene in it...

Well, Titanic was one of the things I was considering, but dropped it because I felt it would not really fit.

As for the projections used for "Bambi", since it's going where "Fantasia" is currently, it would be perfect. Now, the reason I scrapped Fantasia was because, as I said long ago and earlier in the thread, it will be the subject of a brand-new E-ticket water ride that would potentially rival Sea World's Journey To Atlantis and even MK's own Splash Mountain. However, I did not come up with this idea originally; it came from another Disney theme park forum and was the brainchild of a member of that forum (found here: http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/214206-post68.html).

This ride is simply called... Fantasia: The Ride, a water coaster attraction. It will go over where the old One Man's Dream and Little Mermaid shows currently are right now. The Little Mermaid is being scrapped in favor of the LM ride supposedly coming to the Magic Kingdom and One Man's Dream is being relocated to MK's Main Street.

You can just go here to view the verbal tour of Fantasia: The Ride, since I don't really feel like writing it all out. It's here: http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/214206-post68.html. This ride will definitely feature Fastpass.

What do you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom