Recommend the best walking shoe for Parks (not sneakers)

sydneymorganmom

Original Poster
I don't like to wear sneakers all that much and would like to find a nice, stylish, comfortable pair of shoes to wear at the Parks. We're going in Dec so sandals probably won't work. I've been looking at a bunch of Ecco, Cole Haan, Born, etc. and walking ballet flats and the like but I would like to see what others recommend...

ellie-badge

I might get flamed for this, but... Crocs. They may not be the prettiest shoes in the world, but they are ridiculously comfortable. My Mom is a registered nurse and has to hike back and forth and up and down floors for twelve hours three nights a week. For years she complained of never having a good pair of shoes to wear and ever since she bought Crocs, she's bought so many different pairs and uses them every day she works. I have a pair of Crocs I wear to Disney too, and I'm going to have to agree.

If you want something more fashionable though, I'm not sure. Sorry!

copcarguyp71

In the end it is very difficult to say. What works well for one person is horribly uncomfortable to another and even one model to another in the same manufacturer can mean a world of difference in fit and comfort. If you want my advice...don't take shoe advice over the internet;) .

Britt

Lemme just say...converse shoes are NOT the way to go. I've got teal ones I love and OOOOMG, My feet were killin me. Im like you though, Im not a fan of sneakers. I'll be interested in the replies to this!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I wore ballet flats one day at Epcot, and will not make that mistake again.

I have come to the personal conclusion that fashion and comfort are two different things. I love great shoes, but every time I try something for fashion vs. comfort, I always regret it.

I did just get a pair of merrell air cushion shoes that are clog style (not really fashionable - to me), but holy cow they are comfy and warm! They will be my new Disney shoes:) I have been testing them out. Found them at TJMaxx.

riverscu0m0

I have a pair of Tory Burch flats, and they're so comfortable. I can walk around Boston with them all day, so I'm assuming they'd be okay for the world too. I don't know though, I have a small and skinny foot I know my friends with wider feet find them really uncomfortable because they don't stretch that much.

Susan Savia

I got a couple pairs of white leather tennis shoes from Walmart a few years ago and they go on all my Disney trips. I alternate them each day. Very comfy!!

Tomi-Rocket

Crocs. Don't listen to people who tell you how ugly they are, they are seriously out of touch. I evengot Crocs golf shoes for my DH! He loves them and says they are super comfy.

Go online where they have the biggest selection but if you can get to a store to try some on would be helpful. I have stated many times over that they are the ONLY shoes we bring to the parks with us. Started off with me testing a pair on a trip to everyone having a pair for the next and everyone having 2 pairs on our last trip! At the end of the day I have no problems with knees, back, feet or ankles. They now (and have for quite some time) have so many different and cute styles in rainbows of color.

You should definitely check out Crocs!

taz0162

I'm going the Crocs way too for the main park days but do have a pair of sketchers for evenings. I even wear crocs while working in the garage on the weekends. Less leg/back pain after standing/walking on cement floor for hours. Their also really easy to keep clean.

Florida_is_hot

Used to get blisters, killed my feet.

Was told it is more important to keep your feet dry and was recommended synthetic athletic socks.
I am happy, feet never kill me and I care less what it looks like.

pixiesteno

Danskos, I have two pair of the professional clogs (black and brown) that I wear everyday and I do retail and stairs. I used to have some that actually laced and tied and I wore them on a trip to WDW and never had a problem with my feet or legs.

aw14

I might get flamed for this, but... Crocs. They may not be the prettiest shoes in the world, but they are ridiculously comfortable. My Mom is a registered nurse and has to hike back and forth and up and down floors for twelve hours three nights a week. For years she complained of never having a good pair of shoes to wear and ever since she bought Crocs, she's bought so many different pairs and uses them every day she works. I have a pair of Crocs I wear to Disney too, and I'm going to have to agree.

I couldnt agree more. I have had major flat feet related issues for years, and crocs are the only way I can get by at the parks. I ended up buying a pair while at the park and they have been with me ever since.

awesomeinabox

I swear by clarks shoes, their brand Privo is great too, I lived in those flats throughout college.

I would be wary of crocs if you have any knee or ankle trouble, they are comfortable but don't offer very good support should you slip. I have sprained my ankle three times in the last two years, each time I was in crocs and was told that it was due to the fact that crocs don't offer the proper arch or side support by my orthopedic surgeon. I'm sure if your knees and ankles are fine you would be ok in them.

PixieDust62

Actually Crocs has lots of fashionable shoes. I have several pairs of Crocs that look like jellies that are super comfy. Check their website. I started wearing them because I wear a size 5 which is difficult to find, but Crocs carries my size.

Disneykidder

We all wear sneakers, NIke or sketchers, and crocs. The crocs I have are the MaryJane style and they are pretty cute. I put a Minnie Mouse jibitz in it and it is stylin'!!

PixieDust62

Whatever you decide bring more than one pair of shoes. That way if a pair gets wet, sweaty, etc you have a dry comfy pair available. My DH learned this lesson the hard way one year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom