Recommend the best walking shoe for Parks (not sneakers)

aw14

I just got a pair of Teva flip flops with a strong arch and a large sole. Really pleased. Got them slightly larger as my feet swell in Florida every time we are there. Between those and my crocs I am very happy, especially for an over 200lbs man with flat feet. Especially since we are going at the end of July in the heat.

DfromATX

I am a Crocs convert. I've always thought they were incredibly ugly and looked stupid on adults... but now I own 3 pairs of their flip flops (still hate the clogs). They are very comfy and I think the ones I have are so cute! They are slippery when wet but your feet won't hurt. I also have 2 pairs of the Sketcher Go Walk shoes. To me they are light for running errands but not good for all day walking and I found that my feet got sweaty in them.

Bairstow

I like Sperry Topsiders for casual summer wear around town (no socks, buy heavy-duty odor eaters instead)

...but for Disney World or summer theme parks in general I think you can't do better than fisherman sandals from Keen or a good copy.
They're not much for ankle support, but they combine a lot of the best features of tennis shoes (good arch support and traction, protection against stubbing your toes) with the best features of Teva-style sandals (complete ventilation, no need for socks, doesn't matter if they get wet).

keenf256109_142620_jb.jpg

C&D

I wear a hiking boot (just happened to find a shoe that just fit my foot; no break-in required in my case); it is a mid ankle type so not too heavy. Comfort more than style is my recommendation (though you might get both depending on whatever your search yields).

Csmith041177

I go with just regular old cross training nike shoes (yes, I konw you said no sneakers). Have never tried anything else like flip flops or crocs.

Patrick_Ears

Whatever shoe you buy to wear for Disney, I would walk in them for at least a month before you go. Just to make sure they are broken into very nicely.

5thGenTexan

Timberland Pro Titan. I wear em to work in the yard, go to the zoo, go to the store, worn em to WDW, port experiences while on DCL... There is barely a situation where I have NOT worn them. OK, I didnt wear em to the beach at Castaway Cay, but other than that. Never had a foot problem with those.

51mbzflpuNL.jpg

GetAPaperBag

We both love wearing crocs to WDW. The bright colors are fun and perfect for WDW. We got colors to match our magic bands.We like all the air holes in the them to keep our feet nice and cool. They're easy to slip on and off also when you have the chance, to air out your feet a bit. Getting wet isn't an issue because you don't have socks or anything that can absorb water.

EvilQueen-T

I wear teva sandals or sneakers (nike free 5.0 sorry I'm more about being comfortable in the parks and save other styles of shoes for dinners etc...on vaca). My adult daughter wears a flip flop with a thicker bottom, converse (but only one's she's had well broken in), vans, or ballet flats but she puts a gel insert in them. Everyone will have a different opinion but I agree with bringing more than one pair. I'd also say maybe try wearing your choice as a trial at home. Maybe wear them on a long walk, full day of shopping, or something similar to see how you feel.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I couldn't do Disney in the spring/summer without shorts and a pair of Keen sandals. They are the best...I've become a loyal Keen consumer based on how they have performed...I wear them non-stop in the summer...and they hold up well too!

EvilQueen-T

I couldn't do Disney in the spring/summer without shorts and a pair of Keen sandals. They are the best...I've become a loyal Keen consumer based on how they have performed...I wear them non-stop in the summer...and they hold up well too!

Any particular style of Keen's that you like better than another?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom