Recommend the best walking shoe for Parks (not sneakers)

Disneydreamer23

not for style but while i was there on my 16 day honey moon on our way to Universal we seen a mall like the dicounted ones lol and they had a croc store I got 2 pairs for 15.00 my husband and I had such comfort! lol

Fantasmic

Lemme just say...converse shoes are NOT the way to go. I've got teal ones I love and OOOOMG, My feet were killin me. Im like you though, Im not a fan of sneakers. I'll be interested in the replies to this!

I have to agree, I LOVE my converse and live in them at home, but I wore them once on a 2 day trip to London, and we walked round London pretty much solidly for 12hrs on the 2nd day, and my feet were ruined, my back hurt, my hips hurt as the converse provided no support.

I always wear good proper running sneakers in the parks as I don't want to be sore and have my holiday ruined by pain.

I wore crocs with no socks in 2009 and my feet got blistered to death, it was so painful!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Out of habit, I almost reported this post as spam, but then I realized this was legit thread asking about what shoes to wear. :p

well wearing it is better than eating it.

spam5.jpg

Tomi-Rocket

I always wear flip-flops, though I religiously HATE sneakers...I wouldn't recommend flip flops for anyone that doesn't constantly wear them like myself. My only complaint is that my feet are BLACK at the end of the day from them :)

I seriously hope you are buying good flip flops cause if you're not you will suffer terribly when you get older. If not, start buying them now, you'll be happy you did. I'd think they'd be more comfy anyway.

Tomi-Rocket

Crocs are very ugly. If you are still young enough to prefer fashion over good sense, go for fashion. Never let it be said that I attempted to stand in the way of the fashionistas!

This is where I say people are out of touch when it comes to Crocs. If you are into that "fashionista crap" you might like their ballet flats, boat shoes, sandals, boots or booties (if you go when it's cooler) in a bunch of different styles and colors. I have several different styles and get compliments galore when I wear them. Also that look of surprise when people find out they are Crocs!

zurgandfriend

I agree with Trotsky that Rockports are excellent walking shoes, skechers are also very good. I also agree with Saks, I spent 27 years in the Army and eating spam is the last thing I will ever do with it.

6laurac

If you are wearing pants or jeans, Dansko Pros are what to wear. Wearing capris or shorts-Keen enclosed toe sandals are great

Vii

Seriously, go buy a pair of TOMS, they are SUPER comfortable and 'in-style'. And when you buy a pair, not only are you doing a good cause for your feet but for another child that will get a free pair as well. Sounds like I'm advertising for them, but seriously, they're just sooo comfortable!

AndyS2992

Sneakers or crocs I assume are the best. Depends how much walking you plan on doing. I usually stay for three weeks and by midway through the second week my feet are killing me no matter what I wear.

Cosmic Commando

I can heartily recommend the regular Crocs clogs... ONLY IF it is dry. Once you wear through the outer layer of the sole on the bottom, the volume of the shoe soaks up water like a sponge. Then, one random step later, your foot compressing the shoe will squeeze the water out and you will quite literally be hydroplaning across the ground.

Now that being said, I'm a delivery driver and I wear some of the normal-looking shoes at work. It had gotten to the point where my feet felt like they were falling apart and the Crocs fixed it. Like others have said, there are many, many styles of Crocs and if you want ones that look like normal shoes, you can easily get them. If you want the original clog look, they have "Duets" now that have a tougher material on the bottom of the sole. The clogs are very convenient... slip on, breathable, if they get wet they won't be soggy a month later, etc. Personally, I wear ankle socks underneath them because I get blisters from rub spots if I don't. I know it's not "cool", but it is the height of comfort.

SulleyanBoo

I have worn my sperry top siders all day and haven't had many problems at all. No blisters, no burning/rubbing on the bottom of my feet. :)

Olive Ort

This past fall I bought a pair of mickey croc sandals at Epcot they were like sandals but the most comfortable crocs I have ever owned.I have alot of pain in my feet by the end of the day and no pain with these ones.They were brown with mickey heads on them.Best buy I ever made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom