Recommend the best walking shoe for Parks (not sneakers)

Mainahman

i had 3 pairs of crocs with me. Totally saved my feet! i could care less what i looked like, i walked like no tomorrow, while my wife had blisters galore with her sneakers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Crocs. My eyes were opened in 2008 and I've worn nothing else to the parks since. Cool, comfy, and great for water rides and rainstorms. And my park visits clock up some serious mileage!

J_Carioca

I have worn Crocs on all of my recent park visits, but I have to say I disagree with people who say they are great in all situations. When they get wet they are SUPER slippery. I had them on last week at AK; there was a downpour and my husband was running to get shelter. I couldn't run for fear of slipping in those damn Crocs. They are NOT water shoes. Also, they sometimes give me blisters.

I too hate sneakers so I can understand the desire for something cute. I've worn Aerosoles sandals (alternating with the Crocs) on my last two trips. They have surprisingly cute styles and they really are comfortable. I would try Aerosoles ballet styles or other brands (Geox) that make decent looking yet supportive shoes. DON'T wear J Crew ballet flats with absolutely no support

All that said, I will quote a man I chatted with on my last trip: "It isn't Disney if your feet don't hurt".

luv

Crocs are very ugly. If you are still young enough to prefer fashion over good sense, go for fashion. Never let it be said that I attempted to stand in the way of the fashionistas!

But if you have reached the point where you want to do the best thing for yourself, lol, check out the uglier shoes, including the crocs.

I wish to God that I'd taken better care of my feet when I was young. You pay for that fashionista crap later on. I know that when you're fifteen or twenty-four, it seems like 40, 50, 60 will never come and who cares if things hurt then, when you're so old anyway, lol...but it comes faster than you think.

And it hurts.

Take care of your feet.

thomas998

I don't like to wear sneakers all that much and would like to find a nice, stylish, comfortable pair of shoes to wear at the Parks. We're going in Dec so sandals probably won't work. I've been looking at a bunch of Ecco, Cole Haan, Born, etc. and walking ballet flats and the like but I would like to see what others recommend...
While they may not be the most stylish shoes to wear, the most comfortable you will ever find for a day at Disney are simple hiking boots. It took me awhile to convince my wife to try using them but now she wont go there without them. I might not look as trendy, but if a woman wears them with khaki shorts they look fine... and really comfort trumps style when your walking as much as you will be at Disney.

Texas84

Check your local running store. They have systems that evaluate your walk and can recommend a good walking shoe tailored to you.

bdearl41

Any form of loafers! They are the best! Tired of dealing with shoelaces????? Tired of always having to bend over and tie your shoes??? Do you occasionally just wanna be able to take off your shoes with great ease??? Well LOAFERS are the shoes for you!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I always wear these

jungleboot.jpg

ImagineerDude

I always wear flip-flops, though I religiously HATE sneakers...I wouldn't recommend flip flops for anyone that doesn't constantly wear them like myself. My only complaint is that my feet are BLACK at the end of the day from them :)

jamesgf

The only shoe I wear at the parks is The North Face Ultra 106 GTX trail running shoes. Super comfortable, breathable, and waterproof since they are gore-tex lined. I've never had a single blister.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
In order to provide the most accurate answer I will need to know a few variables.

1) Shoe size

2) Foot width

3) Weight (determine proper density cushioning in shoe sole)

4) Stride Length (Determine proper arc on show sole)

5) Any injuries or bad joint on your lower extremities (amount of cushion in sole needed. Necessary to put against sole density after figuring weight)

6) Age (determine with weight and injuries for proper cushion)

7) Feet sweat? (proper ventilation is a must)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
In order to provide the most accurate answer I will need to know a few variables.

1) Shoe size

2) Foot width

3) Weight (determine proper density cushioning in shoe sole)

4) Stride Length (Determine proper arc on show sole)

5) Any injuries or bad joint on your lower extremities (amount of cushion in sole needed. Necessary to put against sole density after figuring weight)

6) Age (determine with weight and injuries for proper cushion)

7) Feet sweat? (proper ventilation is a must)

You also need to know toenail length, sock style, and if they tend to walk heal to toe, or toe to heal.

luv

You also need to know toenail length, sock style, and if they tend to walk heal to toe, or toe to heal.
And height, I'd think. A person who is 5'2" and 150 pounds is much different than a person who is 6'2" and 150. :)

I think that person's point is really that everyone is different. No shoe works for everyone. It's best to go try a bunch of shoes on until you find one that is comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom