Recipe???

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
I checked Wolfgang Puck's website and he doesn't have it listed under his recipie section, but he does have some cookbooks out:
http://wolfgangpuck.com/mycookbooks/

Maybe you can check them out at a bookstore or library and see if they have a mac and cheese recipie in there. I can't seem to find which recipies are listed in the books.

If you do find it, post it! It sounds good judging by the four cheeses listed.

This reminds me of the WDW Unwrapped episode they show on the food network. They have kids rate 3 or 4 different types of mac and cheese, and the winner will be the one that they serve in the parks. It looks sooo good on TV! If I remember correctly the mix that won is a blend of 2 cheeses, 2 kinds of milk and butter. Seriously, it looked amazing.

It was the AKL... Jiko's Mac & Cheese . I thought it was here already, but I didn't see it on the list.

Macaroni & Cheese
Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:
Mornay Sauce
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 quart whole milk
1 1/4 cups Quattro Fromage (4-cheese mixture of asiago, provolone, fontina, and gruyere cheeses)
2 pounds elbow macaroni
1. Prepare the macaroni according to the directions on the package.
2. Make a roux with the flour and butter over low heat. Bring the milk to a simmer and work in the roux.
3. Add cheese and salt to taste. Pour over the macaroni and heat through in a moderate oven.

SewIn2Disney

Ooh.....thanks! Your the best!

I'm going to have to make that for lunch tomorrow! (After I go hunt down those four cheeses!)
Thanks again!

tigsmom

Beef Stroganoff
Yacht Club Galley, Yacht Club Resort

Cabernet reduction:

2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbs minced shallot
1 c Cabernet Sauvignon
1/4 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onion
1/3 c chopped carrot
2 tbs tomato paste
4 c beef broth
1 c water

In a saucepan, heat oil and saute the garlic and shallots until tender. Add the Cabernet Sauvignon and reduce by half. Add the remaining ingredents and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Pour thru a strainer & set aside.

Stroganoff

1/4 c butter
2 c beef tips (such as sirloin, filet mignon or rib eye)
2 cups fresh or canned button mushrooms, quartered
1 c fresh ake mushrooms
2 cups fresh, sliced protobello mushrooms
2 tbs minced garlic
2 c red wine
2 cups Cabernet reduction
1.4 c ketchup
1/2 c sour cream
salt & pepper to taste
2 c cooked wide egg noodles

In a large saucepan, melt the butter and brown the meat. Add all the mushrooms and garlic. Saute until the mushrooms are tender. Deglaze with red wine and reduce by 3/4ths. Add the Cabernet reduction and reduce by half. Stir in the ketchup and sour cream. Season with salt & pepper. Spoon over cooked noodles.

Serves 4

SewIn2Disney

I don't know if this counts....but it's good. I have the recipe for the Hashbrown Casserole that is served at Cracker Barrel. I'm putting it on here because I know for many, going to Cracker Barrel is a tradition as you drive to WDW.

Hashbrown Casserole

1/2 Cup Melted Butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1 Can condensed cream of chicken soup
8oz Colby Cheese, grated
2 lb bag of frozen shredded hash browns

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Gently mix in potatos and pour in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cheese bubbles.

I made it the other day to go with lunch and it was sooooo good! I grated some extra cheese and sprinkled it on top just before I put it in the oven, and the cheese made it brown nicely. mmmmmm

Laura

Thanks to those who helped with the info for the Wolfgang Puck Mac N Cheese. I will check in his cookbooks next time I'm in a book store. If I have no luck I'll just have to ask someone next time I'm at DTD.

I'd love to try the mac n cheese recipe from Jiko but I'm SOOOO not a cook and I would have no idea where to find "Quattro Fromage" or even where to find some of the cheeses in it.

tigsmom

Laura22 said:
Thanks to those who helped with the info for the Wolfgang Puck Mac N Cheese. I will check in his cookbooks next time I'm in a book store. If I have no luck I'll just have to ask someone next time I'm at DTD.

I'd love to try the mac n cheese recipe from Jiko but I'm SOOOO not a cook and I would have no idea where to find "Quattro Fromage" or even where to find some of the cheeses in it.

Quatro Fromage just means four cheese. You can find all of the cheeses in your local grocery or deli. Give it a try, it really is good.

Before you buy a book try your local library. I collect cookbooks and I can tell you from experience that they are an expensive mistake to make and then find out you aren't interested in most of the recipes.

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
I just found a website with a ton of Disney recipes...a lot of which we don't have on here.
Instead of posting all of the recipies (I'm sure I'd end up with some doubles), I'll just post the link.
Some of these look really good! ::slurp::

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/recipes.html

Thats one of the ones I use all of the time. :lol:

There are quite a few more out there also, but most are repeats. :wave:

SewIn2Disney

I'm thinking I might try the Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Pop, and the Main Street Bakery cookies next. Probably Tuesday....I don't have classes till that evening, so I'll have time to play during the day :)

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
I'm thinking I might try the Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Pop, and the Main Street Bakery cookies next. Probably Tuesday....I don't have classes till that evening, so I'll have time to play during the day :)

Let me know about the fried chicken, my kids are after me to make that. The cookies are easy and come out yummy, though I don't make them as large as the MS Bakery does.

1stStarIC2nite

Hey everyone!

I love the recipes you have all been sharing. I just tried the PB&J Milkshake that was posted back awhile ago. It's excellent!! Very rich though. And tonight we might be making the Chicken Jumbalaya. I'll let you all know how that turns out if we decide to make it. Thanks again :D

tigsmom

From Yesterday's Orlando Sentinal... sounds yummy. :slurp:

Le Cellier's Asian Shrimp Cocktail Plate

Yield: 6 servings[

1 medium peeled carrot, julienned

1/2 of a red onion, julienned

1/2 cup julienned napa cabbage

1/2 of a red bell pepper, julienned

1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus 6 whole stems for garnish

11/2 pounds poached shrimp (see note)

1/4 cup horseradish chili sauce (see note)

3 tablespoons wasabi dressing (see note)

Kosher salt to taste

Finely ground black pepper to taste
6 (16-ounce) Asian style to-go boxes

1. Combine carrots, onions, cabbage, bell pepper, chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons wasabi dressing in a bowl. Toss until all vegetables are coated with dressing.

2. Mix shrimp and half of horseradish chili sauce.

3. Divide wasabi slaw among boxes. Lean boxes on sides onto plates. Divide shrimp to place over slaw. Spoon remaining chili sauce on plates. Drape box with a whole cilantro stem.

Wasabi dressing: Dissolve 1 tablespoon sugar in 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar. Mix in 11/2 tablespoons dry wasabi powder until mixture becomes a thick paste. Whisk in 2/3 cup mayonnaise until smooth. There should be no lumps. Season with salt and pepper.

Horseradish chili sauce: Mix 2/3 cup cold ketchup, 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, 4 drops Tabasco, 4 drops Worcestershire and juice of 1/4 of a lemon. Season with salt, pepper. Mix 2/3 cup of ketchup mixture with 2/3 cup Asian chili sauce. Season with salt, pepper.

Poached shrimp: Mix 1 gallon water, 2 tablespoons Kosher salt, 2 tablespoons Tabasco and juice of 2 lemons in pot. Place 1 teaspoon each crushed red pepper flakes and black peppercorns in coffee filter. Tie with string to secure. Add to water. Boil. Add 11/2 pounds peeled, deveined (tail-off) shrimp (48-52 count). Cook 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and curl tightly. Remove shrimp. Chill in freezer until cold. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

ChefTigger

tigsmom said:
From Yesterday's Orlando Sentinal... sounds yummy. :slurp: Le Cellier's Asian Shrimp Cocktail Plate

It is the yummiest shrimp cocktail ever... And as weird as it may sound the wasabi dressing is a wonderful spicy twist with french fries instead of mayo.

tigsmom

ChefTigger said:
It is the yummiest shrimp cocktail ever... And as weird as it may sound the wasabi dressing is a wonderful spicy twist with french fries instead of mayo.

I really want to try this. Mayo on fries? Everyone knows you use Hot Mustard.

tigsmom

From Disneyland's Club 33...

White Godiva, Dark Chocolate Celebration Chocolate Terrine

1 oz. canola oil
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate (or Hershey Bar)*
8 1/2 oz. unsalted butter, cubed
4 large eggs, separated
4 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tsp. granulated sugar*
* If you use the Hershey Bar, do not add granulated sugar

1. Lightly oil a 12 x 4, 3-inch-high, terrine mold. Line with plastic wrap and set aside.

2. Find a metal bowl that fits comfortably in a saucepan.

3. Melt chocolate and butter together in the metal bowl over lightly simmering water (not boiling), stirring from time to time.

4. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.

5. When chocolate is warm enough to touch, stir in 8 egg yolks until well combined (you'll know they're well combined when the mixture is the same color throughout).

6. Sift in the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder, and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula.

7. Whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl until it forms soft peaks, then refrigerate. Beat the 4 egg whites and granulated sugar
together in another bowl till soft peaks form. (You can also use a stand mixer for this step.)

8. Fold in the egg whites and then fold in the cold whipping cream.

9. Pour your chocolate into the terrine mold and fold over the plastic wrap to cover the top.

10. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours (3 days is best).

11. When ready to serve, flip over terrine mold and the terrine should fall out (you can tug on the plastic to wiggle it out, if necessary). Remove the plastic and slice with a thin sharp knife that has been sitting in hot water. Wipe the knife after each slice. Serve each portion topped with White Godiva Vanilla Sauce.

White Godiva Vanilla Sauce

1/2 cup sugar
5 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup Godiva white chocolate liqueur

1. In a metal bowl, whisk sugar and egg yolks together.

2. Combine the milk and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil (be careful not to let them scorch – check the bottom of the pan frequently with a wooden spoon).

3. Slowly pour ¼ cup of hot milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.

4. Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the milk and return to heat.

5. Whisk in the liqueur and cook on low heat until first signs of boiling (stir constantly).

6. Quickly strain the sauce into a bowl and cover with plastic.

7. Place in refrigerator to cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom