Recipe???

d'Isigny

tigsmom said:
Finally found this one.. from the Orlando Sentinal:

Chicken Jambalaya from Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney's Port Orleans Resort

Yield: 5-7 servings. <table class="ccitable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="ccitr"><td class="ccitd">1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces 3/4 cup roughly chopped andouille sausage 3 tablespoons oil 1/2 cup diced onion 1/3 cup diced celery 1/3 cup diced green peppers</td><td class="ccitd">1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 21/2 cups uncooked rice 2 tablespoons Creole or Cajun seasoning 2 tablespoons tomato paste 3 cubes chicken bouillon dissolved in 5 cups hot water Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

</td></tr></tbody> </table> 1. Add oil to 4-quart saucepan. Cook chicken and sausage in pan just long enough to sear the outside of the meat. Add onion, celery, green peppers, and cayenne pepper to the meat. Cook until onions are translucent.

2. Add rice and Creole or Cajun seasoning to pan, stirring slowly to coat the rice. Add tomato paste and the chicken stock. Stir well.

3. Cook on low heat until all water has been absorbed. Add salt and pepper until seasoned to taste.

A special thanks to tigsmom!

d'Isigny

tigsmom said:
I've been looking for you! Nice to have you back! :wave:

Thank you...I didn't get a prompt to this thread, so I didn't know that a recipe was posted.

My gawd...I'm going through withdraw...I really want to make it back this summer.

tigsmom

d'Isigny said:
Thank you...I didn't get a prompt to this thread, so I didn't know that a recipe was posted.

My gawd...I'm going through withdraw...I really want to make it back this summer.

I'm all set for August.. the Boardwalk Inn.

jesserin

SewIn2Disney said:
I don't know if this counts....but it's good. I have the recipe for the Hashbrown Casserole that is served at Cracker Barrel. I'm putting it on here because I know for many, going to Cracker Barrel is a tradition as you drive to WDW.

Hashbrown Casserole

1/2 Cup Melted Butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1 Can condensed cream of chicken soup
8oz Colby Cheese, grated
2 lb bag of frozen shredded hash browns

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Gently mix in potatos and pour in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cheese bubbles.

I made it the other day to go with lunch and it was sooooo good! I grated some extra cheese and sprinkled it on top just before I put it in the oven, and the cheese made it brown nicely. mmmmmm
That is one of my all time favorite foods... we just went there monday morning and that's what I ordered! A side of Hashbrown Casserole... yummy! Thanks for posting - I'll be trying that one out soon -

tigsmom

BIG BOWL CHICKEN SOUP, POP CENTURY
Yield: 12/14 Servings -- adjust accordingly for smaller batches

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs. pulled chicken
3 lbs. cooked udon noodles
1 lbs. bok choy (Bias Cut)
8 oz. slicked mushrooms
6 oz. bamboo shoots
10 oz. hot chicken broth
1 oz. minced ginger
1 oz. minced garlic
10 oz. water
1 oz. canola oil
2 oz. rice wine
1 oz. soy sauce
1/2 oz. sesame oil
3 Tbsp. house seasoning
sliced green onions, for garnish

1. Heat wok to 175 degrees and add canola oil.
2. Sauté garlic and ginger.
3. Add chicken, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots.
3. Add vegetables, white wine, soy sauce, chicken stock, and water.
4. When water is at a boil, add hot noodles & bok choy.
5. Turn wok off.
6. Finish with hot broth, and green onions.

SewIn2Disney

now THAT sounds good. I love chinese food and chicken soup, and that's like a combination of both!
Hmm.....now if I only knew what the house seasoning is....

SewIn2Disney

I was just about to put the ingredients on the shopping list, when I noticed this. In the directions, step 6 says "Finish with chicken broth and green onions" but the green onions are not mentioned in the ingredients. Is it just a cooked onion, cut up and put in the soup, or a garnish on top when you are done?
Thanks!

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
I was just about to put the ingredients on the shopping list, when I noticed this. In the directions, step 6 says "Finish with chicken broth and green onions" but the green onions are not mentioned in the ingredients. Is it just a cooked onion, cut up and put in the soup, or a garnish on top when you are done?
Thanks!

Hmm.....now if I only knew what the house seasoning is....

I wondered what "house seasoning" was too... maybe an email to the Pop would help us?

A green onion is another name for a scallion (or spring onion), its just sliced and sprinkled over the soup at serving... kinda like the green onions in Won Ton soup.

I'm going back to add the green onion to the list.

jesserin

OMG that sounds so amazing! Mad you are the best! Thanks! My DH just asked me yesterday if I could make a good hearty soup - (we're about to get a week of non-stop rain) this sounds perfect! Thanks!

tigsmom

jesserin said:
OMG that sounds so amazing! Mad you are the best! Thanks! My DH just asked me yesterday if I could make a good hearty soup - (we're about to get a week of non-stop rain) this sounds perfect! Thanks!

You're welcome!

Haven't had a chance to send the updates yet... there are more soups listed, you may want to give them a try.
Try to stay dry.

SewIn2Disney

In reference to the recipie above: Does anyone know what Udon noodles are? I looked all over the supermarket and can't find them. Is there a similar noodle I could use? Any description would be great, thanks!
BTW, I'm making the Pop Century Buttermilk Chicken tonight....the chicken is soaking in the buttermilk as we speak! Stay tuned!

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
In reference to the recipie above: Does anyone know what Udon noodles are? I looked all over the supermarket and can't find them. Is there a similar noodle I could use? Any description would be great, thanks!
BTW, I'm making the Pop Century Buttermilk Chicken tonight....the chicken is soaking in the buttermilk as we speak! Stay tuned!

Udon are thick noodles. We can get them here in our local WalMart or regular grocery store in the ethnic aisle. We also have a Korean grocer in town that sells them. I would go with a thick spaghetti if you can't find them.

Click Here

And let us know how the chicken turnes out. :wave:

SewIn2Disney

Thank you for the link, I'll have my mom look again for something similar.....that soup sounds soooo good!

Now for the chicken.....it was pretty good! The buttermilk made the chicken very moist (I used boneless, I'm sure chicken on a bone would have been really good too) and the breading (if that's what you want to call it) got really good after baked.
I also made Au Gratin Potatoes from Cinderella's Royal Table, and they were also good.
For dessert I made coca cola cake from Cracker Barrell (just to use up the extra buttermilk that I didn't use for the chicken) That was real good!
It all got thumbs up from my parents and sister (and my sister never eats fried food!)

Tigsmom....go for the Buttermilk Chicken....I'm sure your kids will love it!

Hopefully next Tuesday I'll make the soup, as soon as I can get those noodles.

Have a magical night!

1stStarIC2nite

That sounds delicious SewIn2Disney!! Since you posted what you made, it reminded me to post what I made a few weeks ago. I know I mentioned the PB & J Milkshake from Prime Time that was very good but extremely rich, but then we also made the jumbalaya from Boatwright's and the Oreo bon-bon's from Cape May Cafe. Both were EXCELLENT. We changed a few things in the jumbalaya recipe and cut the bon-bon recipe in half (they make a lot in a half recipe too!) but things turned out absolutely delicious! Thanks to you all for posting those wonderul recipes :slurp: :D :wave:

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
Thank you for the link, I'll have my mom look again for something similar.....that soup sounds soooo good!

Now for the chicken.....it was pretty good! The buttermilk made the chicken very moist (I used boneless, I'm sure chicken on a bone would have been really good too) and the breading (if that's what you want to call it) got really good after baked.
I also made Au Gratin Potatoes from Cinderella's Royal Table, and they were also good.
For dessert I made coca cola cake from Cracker Barrell (just to use up the extra buttermilk that I didn't use for the chicken) That was real good!
It all got thumbs up from my parents and sister (and my sister never eats fried food!)

Tigsmom....go for the Buttermilk Chicken....I'm sure your kids will love it!

Hopefully next Tuesday I'll make the soup, as soon as I can get those noodles.

Have a magical night!

So its a go on the chicken. I'll make when we get back from break. Love AuGratin potatoes so I'll make them too.

Let me know how the soup turns out because I'm going to make that one too.

tigsmom

1stStarIC2nite said:
That sounds delicious SewIn2Disney!! Since you posted what you made, it reminded me to post what I made a few weeks ago. I know I mentioned the PB & J Milkshake from Prime Time that was very good but extremely rich, but then we also made the jumbalaya from Boatwright's and the Oreo bon-bon's from Cape May Cafe. Both were EXCELLENT. We changed a few things in the jumbalaya recipe and cut the bon-bon recipe in half (they make a lot in a half recipe too!) but things turned out absolutely delicious! Thanks to you all for posting those wonderul recipes :slurp: :D :wave:

Thanks for the feedback... more to add to the must do list. :wave:

tigsmom

Whispering Canyon- Spicy BBQ Sauce
Yield: 1 Quart
¼ cup Water
1 cup Cider Vinegar
20 oz. Ketchup
4 oz. Sugar, granulated
1 Tsp. Celery salt
2 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Garlic, granulated
1 Tsp. Onion, granulated
½ Chili Powder
¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
½ oz. Worchestershire Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a 2 quart sauce pot.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer ½ hour.
3. Refrigerate left overs.

tigsmom

New York Strip Steaks in Jack Daniels Glaze
Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yacht Club

1. Place steaks in a pan.

2. Pour bourbon marinade over steaks, making sure they are totally covered. Let sit refrigerated for 24 hours.
3. Grill until done, brushing with Jack Daniels Glaze.
4. Served with mashed potatoes.
Bourbon Marinade
6 oz. dark brown sugar
7 oz. Jack Daniels
9 oz. pineapple concentrate
5 oz. soy sauce
32 oz. water
1. Combine sugar and Jack Daniels, stir until dissolved into a syrup.
2. Add pineapple and stir.
3. Add soy sauce and stir.
Jack Daniels Glaze
8 oz. pineapple concentrate
6 oz. Jack Daniels
4 oz. dark brown sugar
8 oz. soy sauce
8 oz. water
Cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with a little water)
Combine all, bring to a simmer. Add a cornstarch slurry and stir until desired thickness. Strain and hold to hot. Add a splash of Jack Daniels before serving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom