Recipe???

SewIn2Disney

You are THE BEST! That's awesome!
Some day (when I have a lot of free time) I'm actually going to print them all out and put them in some sort of binder thing, that way I don't have to look them up every time I make something.
Great job on the list though!

Underdog

Corn Chowder @ Yachtsman Steakhouse

I went for dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse @ Yacht Club and had a wonderful Corn Chowder that I haven't been able to forget. Does anybody have the recipe...I want to go back when I visit in May-will the waiters get it for me? I'm desperate!!! :veryconfu

tigsmom

Underdog said:
I went for dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse @ Yacht Club and had a wonderful Corn Chowder that I haven't been able to forget. Does anybody have the recipe...I want to go back when I visit in May-will the waiters get it for me? I'm desperate!!! :veryconfu

I didn't come across it. If you call or email the restaurant they will most likely give it to you. If you decide to, and you do get it, please post as it sounds yummy.

tigsmom

rosebud's mom said:
Sorry - I forgot the most important one of all. We enjoyed the Princess Storybook breakfast in Norway at Epcot. They start you out with a plate of warm cinnamon buns with a delicious creamy carmel icing/sauce. My 4 year old daughter is EXTREMELY tiny for her age. She isn't a picky eater at all - she eats anything you offer her - but she just doesn't eat much quantity-wise. She ate FIVE of these rolls and asked for more !! ( each one is approximately 5 inches in diameter !) Our server even laughed about how she couldn't understand how such a tiny girl could hold so much !

I'm going to try to contact guest relations and see if I can get this one, but it never hurts to ask here in case someone already has it.

Just reviewing some requests... I haven't eaten in Norway, but have you looked at the Sticky Mickey recipe on pg 15?

tigsmom

wdwfan30 said:
how do you get email address for restaraunt?

Couldn't find the e mail address... maybe someone else has it. I found the phone # though...

1-407-939-3463. You could give them a try and see if they will e mail it to you. Good Luck!

tigsmom

d'Isigny said:
How about Boatwright's Specialty...Jambalaya?

Finally found this one.. from the Orlando Sentinal:

Chicken Jambalaya from Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney's Port Orleans Resort

Yield: 5-7 servings.

1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup roughly chopped andouille sausage
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced green peppers
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 1/2 cups uncooked rice
2 tablespoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 cubes chicken bouillon dissolved in 5 cups hot water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Add oil to 4-quart saucepan. Cook chicken and sausage in pan just long enough to sear the outside of the meat. Add onion, celery, green peppers, and cayenne pepper to the meat. Cook until onions are translucent.

2. Add rice and Creole or Cajun seasoning to pan, stirring slowly to coat the rice. Add tomato paste and the chicken stock. Stir well.

3. Cook on low heat until all water has been absorbed. Add salt and pepper until seasoned to taste.

Ulrika

Yummy thread!!! I had to stop reading it to go eat something:eek:

Ok does any one knows what do they roll the chocolat mouse balls in at the Cellier for the child chocolate (moose) it's really fine but not cocoa powder cause it's sweet. Hope someone knows cause I want to make some for my little brothers Birthday

Laura

Premium Member
Anyone have the recipe for the Macaroni & Cheese at Wolfgang Puck Express? I ate some about 2 weeks ago and my mouth is watering for more! It was very unsual and I couldn't figure out what kind of cheese they used.

tigsmom

Hi! and welcome aboard. I'm so glad you are enjoying the recipe thread, Its been alot of fun. I've never eaten there, but I did a quick search... the dessert is rolled in "toasted chocolate crumbs". They didn't specify crumbs of what... though cake would be my guess.

Please let us know how it turns out. :wave:

ChefTigger

Ulrika said:
Ok does any one knows what do they roll the chocolat mouse balls in at the Cellier for the child chocolate (moose)

tigsmom said:
They didn't specify crumbs of what... though cake would be my guess.
Yep :sohappy: your guess was right!!! They are chocolate cake crumbs... Just take some cake trimmings, lay them on a sheet tray in a warm oven, around 250 and toast them till they are totally dry, then put the cooled down pieces in a food processor, ground them and then run your powder through a fine tamis or chinois.

Roll your moose balls and your ready to build.

And Happy Birthday to your little brother

ChefTigger

Laura22 said:
Anyone have the recipe for the Macaroni & Cheese at Wolfgang Puck Express? I ate some about 2 weeks ago and my mouth is watering for more! It was very unsual and I couldn't figure out what kind of cheese they used.

Did'nt find the recipe but I found what type of cheeses they use from their menu: -Mozzarella, Fontina, Cheddar and Gorgonzola(italian blue cheese).

I'm sure that'll be a good start to re-create the recipe.

SewIn2Disney

Laura22 said:
I checked Wolfgang Puck's website and he doesn't have it listed under his recipie section, but he does have some cookbooks out:
http://wolfgangpuck.com/mycookbooks/

Maybe you can check them out at a bookstore or library and see if they have a mac and cheese recipie in there. I can't seem to find which recipies are listed in the books.

If you do find it, post it! It sounds good judging by the four cheeses listed.

This reminds me of the WDW Unwrapped episode they show on the food network. They have kids rate 3 or 4 different types of mac and cheese, and the winner will be the one that they serve in the parks. It looks sooo good on TV! If I remember correctly the mix that won is a blend of 2 cheeses, 2 kinds of milk and butter. Seriously, it looked amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom