Recipe???

tigsmom

I've never been during the festival, but I read you had to pay per food/drink. Is that true? Have you gone or anyone else? And is it worth going since I have a dining plan?

Yes, you pay at each booth for the selection that you make.
I've never been during this time, but I have a friend who loves to go and the prices per item isn't that bad.
We don't get the dining plan so only you will know if it's worth it.

Tried a Great Recipe!

Chocolate Mousse
Boulangerie Patisserie

makes 3 cups

5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar

Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over warm water. Remove from heat. Combine egg yolks and cream and gradually add chocolate, stirring rapidly. Add vanilla.
Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Spoon mousse into a decorative mold or individual serving glasses and chill until firm, about 2 hours.

~I tried this recipe today and it was great! Tastes just like I remember it! I would not change anything to it. It is very sweet but also light and airy. When you melt the chocolate it does not look like much and I was afraid I would not have enough, but after mixing it with the egg mixture you'll see that you have enough. It made 6 servings! A MUST TRY!~

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hey Southern Tink, Keep in mind for the last few years the snack portion of your Dining plan could be used to procure food items ( not the wine samples) At the F & W Fest!!!! Belle

Tatania

Captain’s Mai Tai

I'm not going until September 23rd, 67 days I believe. But, I'll be more than willing to get as many recipes as I can. The only places I know I'm eating at for sure is ASMu (that's where we're staying so we'll eat at the food court some), I always eat at least once at San Angles (is that the right name? i'm having memory loss!), the French pastry shop and the Poly. But, I've been several times so this year is really more of a chance to experience food, drinks and other things so I'll be trying plenty of food! Also, I'm going during the Food & Wine festival. Don't know if they give out the recipes for food from that but if so I'll ask!
*Any requests?*

I'm envious of you because I'd love to go to the Food and Wine Festival one of these years. The problem is, I can never get off work during that time - unless I take an unpaid leave of absence. Not something I can really afford to do. The least I order the cookbook and try out the recipes. I'm out of town from August 8 till September 27 but plan to buy a laptop - so will have computer access. I'll send a message before you leave with some recipe requests.

Captain’s Mai Tai
Territory Lounge, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Serving Size: 1

1 Oz Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
3/4 Oz Amaretto
4 Oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 Oz Lime Juice
1/4 Oz Grenadine
1/4 Oz Myers’s Rum Float
Glass: Hurricane
Garnish: Pineapple wedge

Method
1. Add all but Myers’s Rum in a mixing glass over ice.
2. Shake.
3. Pour in Hurricane glass and add float of Myers’s Rum.
4. Garnish with Pineapple wedge and serve.

Sweet and Spicy Ribs
From the kitchens of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Serves: 4

1/2 Cup Olive Oil
3 Each Sweet Onion (finely chopped)
6 Tbsp. Garlic (approximately 10 cloves, chopped)
5 Tsp. Oregano (chopped)
5 Tsp. Black Pepper
3 Tsp. Paprika
3 Tsp. Cayenne
3 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
3 Cups Ketchup
3 Cups Honey
2 Cups Dijon Mustard
2 1/4 Cups White Vinegar
1 Cup Beef Stock
8 Oz. Brown Sugar
2 Slab St. Louis Style Spare Ribs (4 # average)

Method of Preparation:
Prepare the sauce first. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add oregano, black pepper, paprika, cayenne, and crushed red pepper. Add ketchup and mustard. Cook until slightly thickened. Add vinegar and beef stock. Puree sauce. Cook for approximately 15 minutes. Place ribs in roasting pan, presentation side down. Pour sauce over top. Wrap pan tightly with aluminum foil. Cook at 350° for approximately 2.5 hours. (Note: Ribs are done when they fall off the bone.) Reduce sauce to your desired consistency.

Presentation:
On a presentation plate, place rib in the center. Spoon some sauce on top of the rib. Place some mixed greens on the side. Serve.

eyelikeart

Pizza Crust?

I just got back yesterday from a week stay at Pop Century, and have been searching for the recipe for the pizza crust? We ate at Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios for lunch one day, and our last night had a pizza feast at Pop Century. It seemed to be some sort of whole grain, with seeds in it (flax comes to mind, but wouldn't think that it would be in a general recipe)? I'd like to try my own version of it. Thanks!:slurp:

tigsmom

I just got back yesterday from a week stay at Pop Century, and have been searching for the recipe for the pizza crust? We ate at Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios for lunch one day, and our last night had a pizza feast at Pop Century. It seemed to be some sort of whole grain, with seeds in it (flax comes to mind, but wouldn't think that it would be in a general recipe)? I'd like to try my own version of it. Thanks!:slurp:

I haven't seen it, but I'll look. You can also write and request the recipe

has anyone found any of the disney cookbooks particularly good?

I have the Cooking With Mickey Vol II, but I've gotten others from the library and they all seem about the same to me; many of the recipes are repeats. I do better here and requesting from the chefs.

Tatania

has anyone found any of the disney cookbooks particularly good?

There are a lot of repeats in the cookbooks even though the last one, Delicious Disney, was supposed to be all new recipes. Having said that, I really like Delicious Disney because of the beautiful pictures and excellent recipes.

Tatania

Stir-Fried Noodles

From the Orlando Sentinal, July 30, '08

Stir-Fried Noodles
'Ohana, Polynesian Resort, WDW
Yield: 4 servings

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon each, puréed: garlic and ginger
1/4 cup each, julienned: red pepper and pineapple
2 cups cooked udon noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chopped roasted peanuts

Peanut sauce
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2-inch piece ginger, peeled
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup each: soy sauce, sugar and water
1/8 cup diced Spanish onion
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts

1. For sauce, put ingredients in pan. Bring to boil, stirring. Turn heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour in blender. Pulse until smooth.

2. For noodles, heat canola oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper and pineapple. Stir-fry until red peppers are tender but still firm. Season with salt and pepper. Add noodles. Stir-fry until noodles are heated. Add 1/2 cup peanut sauce to glaze ingredients. Garnish with nuts.

Tatania

Vine Ripened Tomato Stack

With garden fresh tomatoes being available these new recipes from Le Cellier should come in handy.

Vine Ripened Tomato Stack
Le Cellier, Canada, Epcot

1 large vine ripe tomato – thick slicked
½ ounce shallots
¼ cup spinach, picked, washed and dried
¼ cup julienne Shiitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 ounce herb vinaigrette
Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar- reduced by 1/2
To Taste Salt
To Taste Black Pepper

• Pick and clean spinach.
  • Slice shallots and julienne shiitakes.
  • In a skillet, add enough olive oil to coat bottom of the pan.
  • Add shallots and sauté till tender.
  • Add spinach and stir to coat well and wilt the spinach, season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Remove from pan and drain.
  • Let cool.
  • Return pan to heat and coat the skillet with more garlic oil.
  • Add the shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender.
  • Season with salt and pepper.
  • Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
    Note: These items can be prepared up to one day in advance and held in the refrigerator.
To Assemble Stack:
  • Slice the top and bottom off a large vine ripe tomato.
  • Slice the remaining tomato into 3 slices.
  • Season each slice to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Divide the cooked spinach and mushrooms evenly between the three slices.
  • Stack the layers on top of each other on a plate.
  • Drizzle with the Herb Vinaigrette and finish with the balsamic reduction.

Herb Vinaigrette

½ cup sliced shallot
2 ¼ cups white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup Sauvignon Blanc wine
1/8 cup chopped chives
1/8 cup chopped parsley
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
To Taste Salt
To Taste Black Pepper

Method of Preparation
  • Bring shallots, vinegar, rosemary and thyme to a boil.
  • Take off heat.
  • Let completely cool and then add remaining ingredients.
  • Add rest of the ingredients.
  • Wisk together until incorporated, adjust seasoning as needed.
  • Chill, put in container, label, refrigerate. Holds for up to 2 weeks

Tomato Confit from the Pan-seared Halibut - topped with Tomato confit served over braised red beets dish.
Le Cellier, Canada Pavilion, Epcot

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Salt
Freshly ground white pepper
3 cloves, peeled, split, germ removed and finely sliced
10 basil leaves, torn
4 springs thyme leaves only
2 bay leaves, broken
20 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled
¼ to ½ teaspoon sugar

Method of Preparation

• Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 200 digress.
  • Line a baking sheet with foil and pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil evenly over the pan.
  • Sprinkle the oil with salt and pepper.
  • Strew a little of the garlic, basil, thyme and bay leaves over the oil.
  • Cut each tomato lengthwise in half and carefully, with your fingers or a tiny spoon, remove the seed.
  • Lay the tomato halves cut-side down in the pan. Wiggling the tomatoes so that each tomato has a coat of oil on its cut sides.
  • Using a pastry brush, give the tops of the tomatoes alight coat of olive oil.
  • Season the tops of the tomatoes with salt and pepper and a little sugar.
  • Scatter the rest of the garlic, basil, thyme and bay leaves on top of the tomatoes.
  • Slide the pan into the oven and bake the tomatoes for 2 ½ hours or until they are very tender but still able to hold their shape.
  • Turn the tomatoes over at half-time and open the oven for just a second every 30 minutes or so to get rid of the moisture that will build up in the oven.
  • Cool the tomatoes to room temperature on their pan.
  • When the tomatoes are cool, transfer them to a jar, stacking them neatly. Pour whatever oil remains in the pan over the tomatoes. If you plan to keep the tomatoes longer than 1 to 2 days, pour in enough olive oil to cover and refrigerate.

SewIn2Disney

Id venture to guess that the tye dye cheesecake is one of the most popular recipes on here.....and I'm sure most of you have already made it. But--I still had to share my version. I made it into mini cupcakes....they look a bit day-glo but they're still good!

Artsy shot

On the record plate

Some extras still in the tray

And some close ups of my favorites

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom