Recipe???

tigsmom

Great job tigsmom. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Is there any way to have it made into a sticky? I notice it's slowly creeping down the page.

Em

Thanks everyone, I'm trying to get things finished up as quickly as possible.
I've sent a PM to Steve asking that it be stickied to the top like the recipe thread so hopefully it will be soon.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thanks everyone, I'm trying to get things finished up as quickly as possible.
I've sent a PM to Steve asking that it be stickied to the top like the recipe thread so hopefully it will be soon.

I noticed a while ago that it is now stickied!

tigsmom

What? There are no links to next to the page numbers in the index that directly take you directly to the appropriate recipe? :eek:

Some people are such slackers :lol::ROFLOL:

JUST KIDDING PEOPLE! Don't crucify me please!:lookaroun

Great job tigs and thanks for taking the time to get it all together!

Em

You know, I thought about linking them...maybe if I become insane in the future I'll do it.
insane.gif

EmOhYouEssE

I'm looking for Yak & Yeti's shrimp lo mein. Any help would be much appreciated.

I did some searching and came up with nothing. What I might suggest is making a thread asking for people that are going soon to ask at the restaurant when they are actually there for the recipe. Disney is usually great about giving out recipes for specific items (they have a lot of them on pre printed sheets because they are commonly asked for them).

Also, you can try to call Disney Guest Relations or Disney Dining and see if they can get you sent in the right direction. You may be able to email or snail mail Guest Services and see if they can email or snail mail it to you (If you don't have long distance on your phone).

Unfortunately I don't have the numbers or email handy. The only one I know off hand is 407-WDW-Dine for dining. I'm sure someone will come along and give you the address for guest relations though.

I will check back on this thread after our long weekend and see if you've gotten anything, otherwise, I have a slow week next week and can act busy by shoving paperwork around my desk when people walk by while I'm on hold to try to find the info :ROFLOL:

Have a great weekend

Em

Tatania

Sausage & biscuit skillet

From the breakfast buffet.

SAUSAGE & BISCUIT SKILLET
Boma – Flavors of Africa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 10 servings

1 pound Bulk Sausage
1 each Green Pepper, large dice
1 each Red Pepper, large dice
2 each Yellow Squash, large dice
1 each Zucchini, large dice
2 each Russet Potatoes, medium dice
1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon Black Pepper

Boursin Cheese Sauce
2 ounces Butter
2 ounces Flour
1 pint Heavy Cream
1 package Boursin Cheese
1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
To taste Salt and Pepper

1. In a skillet over medium high heat, add the sausage and cook until brown using a metal spatula to break the sausage apart. While the meat is cooking, add half the spices.

2. Once the meat cooks for 10 minutes, add all the vegetables including the potatoes. Add the remaining half of the spices. Cook another 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender, but not mushy.

3. Remove the skillet from the heat and drain the fat. Set the sausage mixture aside for later.

4. To make the boursin cheese sauce: In a saucepot over medium high heat, melt the butter. Slowly add the flour using a whisk to form a roux. Cook the roux for one minute. Add the heavy cream, whisking as you go, to incorporate the cream. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 5 minutes.

5. Add the boursin cheese and fresh thyme, stirring as you cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and chill.

6. When it is time to serve this dish for breakfast or brunch, place the sausage mixture in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add the boursin cheese sauce to make a mixture similar to a potpie filling.

7. Preheat the oven to 350o. Place the sausage and cheese mixture in a casserole dish and top with your favorite store-bought biscuit. (The biscuits need to be raw.) Bake about 20 minutes or until the biscuits are brown. Serve immediately.

Both the sausage and cheese sauce can be made the day ahead and mixed together on the day of service.

dragongirl

I've been experimenting and have come up with a diabetic-friendly version of Norway's Rice Dream. Unfortunately, making the rice pudding based on the recipe here and substituting the sugar didn't work so well and the cream isn't so good for diabetics anyway.

So:

Premade no-sugar added or sugar free rice pudding. There are several brands, I found Jell-o's to be closer in consistency and taste, even if it's "yellowier" than what is at Norway.

Then top it with Smuckers Sugar-free Strawberry Topping (for sundaes) *and* Smucker Sugar-free Strawberry Preserves. It's key to have both, because the sugar-free preserves are just slightly off in taste alone, but the sundae topping makes up for what's lacking without sacrificing the texture.

I know most people come to this thread for the actual WDW recipes. But I'm always experimenting with them to see if I can come up with versions my mom (who is diabetic) can have at home when she isn't walking around for miles to justify the carb splurge. :)

tigsmom

I've been experimenting and have come up with a diabetic-friendly version of Norway's Rice Dream. Unfortunately, making the rice pudding based on the recipe here and substituting the sugar didn't work so well and the cream isn't so good for diabetics anyway.

So:

Premade no-sugar added or sugar free rice pudding. There are several brands, I found Jell-o's to be closer in consistency and taste, even if it's "yellowier" than what is at Norway.

Then top it with Smuckers Sugar-free Strawberry Topping (for sundaes) *and* Smucker Sugar-free Strawberry Preserves. It's key to have both, because the sugar-free preserves are just slightly off in taste alone, but the sundae topping makes up for what's lacking without sacrificing the texture.

I know most people come to this thread for the actual WDW recipes. But I'm always experimenting with them to see if I can come up with versions my mom (who is diabetic) can have at home when she isn't walking around for miles to justify the carb splurge. :)

There are some things that I will trade carbs for, but dessert isn't usually one of them. I like my pasta too much. :lol:
Diabetics can have anything (even sugar) as long as they are willing to make the trade off. Love the sugar free chocolate mousse from Akershus (page 57), thanks for the suggestions - I love rice pudding.

dvcnut39

I emailed WDW as you suggested. They stated that due to the "newness" of the Yak & Yeti, that they were unable to send me the recipe. I'll try again later.

tigsmom

I emailed WDW as you suggested. They stated that due to the "newness" of the Yak & Yeti, that they were unable to send me the recipe. I'll try again later.

Thanks for checking back in. Hopefully with the newness wearing off they will get those recipes out to the fans. :wave:

mas

Cornbread w/ Peppers at Maya

Would love to have the recipe for these rolls

Never tasted cornbread like this Mexican Cornbread.

tigsmom

Would love to have the recipe for these rolls

Never tasted cornbread like this Mexican Cornbread.

I haven't been able to find it. I've sent in a request. You may also request it by sending an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
If you get an answer before I do please post it here. Thanks! :wave:

tigsmom

Found some new recipes in my email and on the net...

This came thru as "from the kitchens of the WDW Swan & Dolphin", no restaurant name given.

Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwich

8 Oz. Chicken Breast
1 Oz. Prosciutto
2 Each Sage Leaves
4 Oz. Tomato (peeled, seeded and diced)
4 Oz. Fresh Mozzarella
1 Each Focaccia Bread
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Salt (To Taste)
Pepper (To Taste)

Method of Preparation:
Place diced tomato in a small bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Add fresh coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place one sage leaf on each breast. Wrap with sliced prosciutto. Heat sauté pan very hot. Add olive oil to hot sauté pan. Carefully sear wrapped chicken breast until golden brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Halve bread lengthwise. Lightly brush focaccia bread with olive oil and grill until bread is warm and slightly toasted. Spoon diced tomato onto focaccia bread. Place the seared chicken on top of the tomato. Place fresh mozzarella on top of the seared chicken. Place sandwich under the broiler and let cheese melt.

Presentation:
Serve with side of your choice.

From allears (they have quite a few new recipes)

Potato Bacon Soup - Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

2 ounces Onions
2 ounces Bacon Fat
2 ounces Flour
8 ounces White Wine
8 ounces Chicken Stock
8 ounces Heavy Cream
8 ouncesMilk
½ teaspoon Nutmeg
To tasteSalt and Pepper
10 ounces Russet Potatoes, blanched
3 ouncesBacon Bits, save grease
Scallions for garnish

Method of Preparation:

1. Caramelize onions in rendered bacon fat. Add flour to make a roux. Cook until golden brown (blond.)
2. Reduce wine by half and add to stock.
3. Incorporate stock, milk, and cream to roux.
4. Burr-mix the soup until it is smooth and has a creamy consistency.
5. Adjust seasonings along with salt and pepper.
6. Prepare service, add bacon and garnish with scallions.

***I've had this and it's delicious!

Pecan Shortbread Cookies - Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk

Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Method of Preparation:
Mix together the flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt in medium size bowl. Set aside.

In a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter on low speed for 3 to 4 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to cream on moderately low speed for 2 minutes.

On low speed mix in the dry ingredients, blending just until the particles of flour are absorbed.

Add in the pecans.

Roll into logs about 2" wide. Wrap in plastic or parchment, and refrigerate or freeze until needed. (These can also be rolled out and cut into shapes.)

Slice the logs and bake at 325º F about 40 minutes.

Icing:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons hot water
2 teaspoons maple flavoring

Mix the butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla together. Add in the water and maple flavoring to reach the consistency for pouring or spreading icing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom