Recipe???

tigsmom

Hey all :wave: I just got the Cooking With Mickey book (Vol2) and they have a bunch of recipes that are/were served at Club 33 in Disneyland. I know there was an interest not too long ago in some of these so if you have any requests (or are just curious) let me know.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
QUESO FUNDIDO
San Angel Inn Restaurante, Mexico EPCOT

1/2 pound muenster cheese
1/4 pound chorizo sausage
6 flour tortillas

Slice or grate cheese and set aside.
Peel chorizo sausage and cut into large chunks. Saute in a small frying pan until nicely browned. Break up sausage into small pieces while browning and drain any excess fat.

Lightly butter and oven & broiler proff casserole dish. Arrange half the cheese in bottom of casserole dish. Top with cooked sausage and remaining cheese. Broil until cheeses melts & lightly browns.

Warm tortillas and cut into quarters. Spoon sausage-cheese mixture onto tortilla pieces and serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belle

tigsmom

From today's Orlando Sentinal...

Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli from the Contemporary Resort's California Grill

Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

1 pound soft, mild goat cheese, such as Montrachet, crumbled

5 1/2 ounces aged goat cheese, crumbled

1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

2 tablespoons each: basil

pesto and extra-virgin olive oil

2 teaspoons roasted garlic puree (see note)

1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste

16 large egg roll wrappers

1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water for egg wash

Clear tomato broth (see note):

14 whole, vine-ripened tomatoes

1 teaspoon salt

1. For the broth, in a blender, in batches, coarsely chop tomatoes with salt. Place chopped tomatoes in a large sieve lined with a double layer of damp cheesecloth. Set sieve over a bowl. Let mixture drain in the refrigerator for 24 hours to collect the liquid. Discard tomato pulp and reserve the liquid. You should have about 4 cups.

2. In a large bowl, stir fresh goat cheese, aged goat cheese, bread crumbs, pesto, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.

3. On a work surface, lay out 8 egg roll wrappers. Brush each with egg wash. With a sharp knife, mark each wrapper into 4 squares, taking care not to cut all the way through. Place about 1 tablespoon of the goat-cheese mixture in the center of each square. Cover with the remaining 8 wrappers and press edges together. With a knife, cut each double wrapper into 4 squares to yield 32 squares of filled ravioli. Press edges together.

4. Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling, salted water, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain completely. Serve with warm tomato broth.

Recipe note: If you don't want to make the broth, top ravioli with chopped, seeded ripe tomatoes.

Roasted garlic puree: Heat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with foil. Cut top quarter from 2 large heads of garlic and place, cut side up, on baking sheet. Drizzle generous tablespoon of olive oil over garlic. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pinch freshly ground black pepper. Turn garlic cut side down, and roast until cloves are soft and golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove, let sit until cool enough to handle. Squeeze garlic, gently pressing to release cloves into a bowl. Stir to blend to a spreading consistency. Makes 3 tablespoons. Extra can be used as a spread for bread.

tigsmom

Strawberry Soup - 1900 Park Fare,Grand Floridian
2 lb., 8 oz. strawberries (frozen variety, thawed with juice)
16 oz. heavy cream
2 oz. sour cream
3 oz. plain yogurt
8 oz. fresh strawberries
1. Mix first four ingredients.
2. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency.
3. Chill; shake well before serving.
4. Add fresh strawberries as garnish.

gonetowdw

Major Mono's Favorite Pie recipe

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: Serves 4[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 each Puff pastry shells, baked[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]½ batch Cabernet sauce (recipe below)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]½ batch Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (recipe below)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 ½ pounds Beef, cooked and shaved (use prime rib)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]½ batch Aioli (recipe below)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 ½ pints Vegetables, sautéed (red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, and yellow squash)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Reheat the shaved beef in the cabernet sauce.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Hollow out the middle of the puff pastry shells.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Fill shells with red-skinned mashed potatoes, top with hot shaved beef.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Spoon the mixed vegetables on top of the beef.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Using a ketchup bottle filled with Aioli, squirt a zigzag pattern of Aioli over the top of your creation.[/font]
<HR>
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cabernet Sauce (serves 12)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 pint Cabernet sauvignon[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 each Shallot, minced[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 quart Demi Glace[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tbsp Sugar[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tbsp Heavy Cream[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tbsp Butter[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Sauté shallots in butter, add cabernet, and reduce by half.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Add Demi-Glace and reduce by a third.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Add sugar, black pepper, and heavy cream – strain and serve.[/font]
<HR>

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aioli (serves 8)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 each Garlic cloves, mashed[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 each Egg yolks[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/8 tsp Salt[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup Olive oil[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp Vinegar[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored. Beat in mashed garlic and salt. Beating constantly, add olive oil, VERY SLOWLY. After about half the oil has been added and the mixture is thickening, add vinegar, and lemon juice. The continue adding olive oil slowly, beating until the thick emulsion is formed.[/font]
<HR>
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (serves 12)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 1/8 pounds Red Potatoes (washed)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 tbsp Chives (cut into 2” pieces)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup Milk[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup Heavy Cream[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 tbsp Butter (cut into large chunks)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]½ tbsp Granuated Garlic [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Salt and Pepper to taste[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Boil potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly and mash.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Add heavy cream, butter, and milk, and incorporate together.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Fold in roasted root vegetables.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Season, garnish with chives and serve.[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
<!-- #EndEditable -->

tigsmom

Since these are being removed from the menu I'll put them up as a tribute...

'Ohana Green Beans
Ohana Restaurant,Polynesian Resort
Yield: 6 servings
2 lb. fresh green beans
1 medium red onion, sliced ½ inch thick
3 cloves fresh garlic (whole)
3 TBS canola or vegetable oil
2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
2 TBS granulated sugar
½ tsp Kosher salt
To Taste - fresh ground black pepper
1 lb. bacon, crispy, crumbled
1. Wash green beans in cold water. Snip both ends and break in half.
2. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add beans and blanch for 1 minute. Strain.
3. Heat a wok or fry pan over medium high heat. Add oil, then add garlic and sliced onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add green beans and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes depending on how well done you prefer your beans cooked.
5. Add soy, seasonings and continue to stir-fry for 1 more minute.
6. Adjust seasonings if desired.
7. Garnish with crispy crumbled bacon pieces.

SewIn2Disney

tigsmom said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strawberry Soup - 1900 Park Fare,Grand Floridian

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 lb., 8 oz. strawberries (frozen variety, thawed with juice)
16 oz. heavy cream
2 oz. sour cream
3 oz. plain yogurt
8 oz. fresh strawberries
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Mix first four ingredients.
2. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency.
3. Chill; shake well before serving.
4. Add fresh strawberries as garnish.
[/font]​
Oh man.....that sounds absolutley amazing. I've never had it in Disney, but that sounds like my next must make recipe!

tigsmom

SewIn2Disney said:
Oh man.....that sounds absolutley amazing. I've never had it in Disney, but that sounds like my next must make recipe!

I didn't know about it until DisneyPhD mentioned it. It does sound very yummy. Let us know how it turns out if you give it a try. :wave:

My daughter absolutely loves the chicken noodle soup at the Brown Derby. I've only tasted it once, but don't recall what made it so special.

Since it is finally cooling off here, I thought I might try to get the recipe and surprise her with it one evening.

Does anyone have this recipe?

tigsmom

LaTinkerbell said:
My daughter absolutely loves the chicken noodle soup at the Brown Derby. I've only tasted it once, but don't recall what made it so special.

Since it is finally cooling off here, I thought I might try to get the recipe and surprise her with it one evening.

Does anyone have this recipe?

I did a quick search and did not find it. I'll do a more in depth search and get back to you. :wave:

tigsmom

wdwfan4eva said:
I love the Chocolate and Vanilla Pretzels from the Boardwalk Bakery. Does anybody have a recipe? :veryconfu

I love those! The only recipes I found from the bakery were for the chocolate dipped biscotti and the Cinnamon yummies. I'll keep looking. :wave:

tigsmom

Sorry to say I have not found the last recipes asked for. In the course of my search I did come up with a few new ones, hope you all enjoy them...

tigsmom

Kona Cafe
Polynesian Resort

Yield: 16 servings
Ingredients:
1 stick Butter
1 Spanish onion, diced small
1/2 cup Carrots, diced small
1/2 cup Celery, diced small
1 oz. Garlic, minced fine
1/3 cup Tomato paste
1/2 cup Sherry
1 Tbsp. Curry paste
4 2/3 cups Water, hot
1 oz. Lobster base
1 1/2 lbs. Fish (any white fish i.e., grouper, mahi, snapper, etc) cut in 1" pieces
1 cup Milk
3 3/4 cups Heavy cream
2/3 cup Flour
3/4 stick Butter
3 cups Salad shrimp (small)
Method:
1. In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt 1 stick butter. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.

2. Add tomato paster and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sherry and cook for 2-3 minutes.

3. Mix in curry paste until well incorporated (use the back of a spoon for spatula until no lumps of curry are left).

4. Add lobster base and hot water.

5. Add fish and gently poach.

6. Turn heat to low, add milk and heavy cream and let come to a simmer.

7. Over low heat, melt remaining butter. Add flour, stir well, and cook for about 5 minutes.

8. Take of the hot liquid from the chowder and mix it in with the butter and flour mixture until well combined.

9. Add this mixture back into the chowder.

10. Add shrimp and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until thickened.

tigsmom

Sun-Dried Tomato and Roasted Garlic Spread
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Disney-MGM Studios
1/4 cup garlic, roasted
1 cup Kalamata Olives
1-1/2 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
1/8 cup basil, chiffonade
8 oz sun dried tomatoes, halved
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
METHOD:
1. Soak olives in water to remove the salt brine flavor. While olives are soaking gather the rest of your ingredients.
2. After soaking the olives for about an hour, drain and place all ingredients except the basil in the food processor. Blend until pureed.
3. After it is all mixed well, fold in the basil.
4. Chill until ready to serve -- best served with fresh sliced Italian bread.

tigsmom

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes

Le Cellier, Canada - World Showcase - Epcot

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yield: 8 portions[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients:

2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
1/8 qt. (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup (8 oz) cream cheese
1 cup warmed milk
1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
black pepper to taste
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method:
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Boil or steam potatoes until tender.

2. Using a food mill or mixer, incorporate all ingredients and adjust seasonings as necessary.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] NOTE: Watch the milk -- 1 cup made them a bit watery
[/font]

MouseMadness

Those look good, Mad, thanks! :slurp:

I made the wings from Ohana the other night. omg :dazzle: SOOOOOO Good!! In fact, I had to make the wings in batches because I didn't have a pot big enough to make many at the same time, and everybody was telling me to make the rest (after the first couple batches) in the Ohana style rather than Buffalo style! :eek: They were that good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom